Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So who were the boris 7? (n/t) 21:43 - Jun 19 with 2162 viewsKeno

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 21:50 - Jun 19 with 2122 viewsSitfcB

JRM and Dorries definitely 2 of them.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 21:51 - Jun 19 with 2116 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 21:50 - Jun 19 by SitfcB

JRM and Dorries definitely 2 of them.

Bill Cash one might have thought

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 22:00 - Jun 19 with 2075 viewsSitfcB

Rishi abstained.

Shameful.

COYB

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 22:01 - Jun 19 with 2067 viewswkj

Dougal? (Fabricant)

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 22:08 - Jun 19 with 2045 viewsHARRY10

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 22:01 - Jun 19 by wkj

Dougal? (Fabricant)

No, He resigned from the Tories this morning, He is off to join the Whigs,

Another of the seven is Lia Nici

'It was also recommended that he not be given a pass for ex-MPs allowing unlimited access to Parliament '
So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 22:11 - Jun 19 with 2032 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 21:51 - Jun 19 by You_Bloo_Right

Bill Cash one might have thought

Sorry Bill. Didn't realise that a. you posted here and b. you favoured the rule of law over sychophancy.

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 22:14 - Jun 19 with 2023 viewsSitfcB

Mad Nad and JRM must’ve not bothered either.

(Not sure why there’s only 6)

COYB

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 22:40 - Jun 19 with 1943 viewsHARRY10

worth noting

"Andrew Dudfield, the interim chief executive at Full Fact, has responded to tonight’s vote, saying MPs “agree that there should be consequences for misleading parliament”.

“Being able to trust you’re being told the truth, as the committee noted, ‘goes to the very heart of our democracy’,” he added. |But so far this year, only five of the 30 MPs Full Fact has asked to correct themselves have actually done so.

“Parliament’s corrections process is broken. The public deserves better than a system that acts as if accuracy and honesty are optional.”

“MPs must agree new rules to make it easy to correct mistakes officially on the record, and ensure there are consequences for those who do not.”

If nothing else marks out the last 3 and a half years of this government, it has been the bare faced lying. Mostly from the dispatch box. The gentlemens agreement, as above is certainly not working. Even when it was pointed to them, 25 did not correct their lie.

Parliament needs tp use an independent source such as above. Not to act as some quiz show host trying to catch out an MP who inadvertently reads out what they believed to be correct, but to force habitual liars such as Johnson and Sunak to stop - by a system of corrections, read out at the next PMQs.

Having the Speaker point out how x MP/Minister lied, and here is the truth will soon sharpen minds

The contempt that underpins those lies, is one of contempt for all of us. "You don't matter. What matters is that I win the day"

Sadly, as with kGB Views there will be those who want to be lied to. As long as it favours what they believe. Parliament cannot change that, but it can change this poisonous culture that has been allowed to spread.
Login to get fewer ads

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 22:45 - Jun 19 with 1928 viewsJohnTy

Hardly anyone you have ever heard of voted no.
The Labour chief whip engineered the vote by shouting no.

Desmond Swayne
Joy Morrisey
Karl McCartney
Adam Holloway
Heather Wheeler
Nick Fletcher
Bill Cash
[Post edited 19 Jun 2023 22:45]
So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 22:46 - Jun 19 with 1918 viewsBlueBadger

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 22:45 - Jun 19 by JohnTy

Hardly anyone you have ever heard of voted no.
The Labour chief whip engineered the vote by shouting no.

Desmond Swayne
Joy Morrisey
Karl McCartney
Adam Holloway
Heather Wheeler
Nick Fletcher
Bill Cash
[Post edited 19 Jun 2023 22:45]

I'm confused. What was that all about? Was this a vote that could potentially be put off by filibustering or something?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 22:50 - Jun 19 with 1913 viewsJohnTy

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 22:46 - Jun 19 by BlueBadger

I'm confused. What was that all about? Was this a vote that could potentially be put off by filibustering or something?

If nobody said "no" then the report would have been accepted without a vote. Clearly most Johnson supporters and Johnson himself did not want a vote because it would show how little support he has. So the Labour chief whip shouted no to force a vote. Probably some of the usual suspects had gone home.
So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 22:57 - Jun 19 with 1851 viewsHARRY10

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 22:50 - Jun 19 by JohnTy

If nobody said "no" then the report would have been accepted without a vote. Clearly most Johnson supporters and Johnson himself did not want a vote because it would show how little support he has. So the Labour chief whip shouted no to force a vote. Probably some of the usual suspects had gone home.

I think it was more a case of covering the Speakers backside, as those recording for Hansard etc would have heard him, which is what matters. It was for their benefit.
So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 23:00 - Jun 19 with 1841 viewsBlueBadger

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 22:50 - Jun 19 by JohnTy

Gotcha. Cheers.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 23:02 - Jun 19 with 1840 viewsBlueBadger

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 22:57 - Jun 19 by HARRY10

I think it was more a case of covering the Speakers backside, as those recording for Hansard etc would have heard him, which is what matters. It was for their benefit.

Def Info by BlueBadger 15 Jun 2023 11:24
Mate, if you told me at midnight that it was dark out, I'd open the curtains and check.

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 23:05 - Jun 19 with 1827 viewsHARRY10

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 23:02 - Jun 19 by BlueBadger

Def Info by BlueBadger 15 Jun 2023 11:24
Mate, if you told me at midnight that it was dark out, I'd open the curtains and check.

You get more weird everytime you post
So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 23:05 - Jun 19 with 1833 viewspointofblue

Out of the Suffolk MPs:
Aldous - voted for
Cartlidge - didn't vote
Churchill - voted for
Coffey - didn't vote
Hancock - voted for
Poulter - voted for
Rhyming slang - didn't vote

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 23:07 - Jun 19 with 1822 viewsBlueBadger

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 23:05 - Jun 19 by HARRY10

You get more weird everytime you post

Ah, Scripted Response no 457.

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 23:18 - Jun 19 with 1807 viewsHARRY10

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 23:07 - Jun 19 by BlueBadger

Ah, Scripted Response no 457.

No, just wonder why you reply with such stupidity so often.

What might seem odd to the layman has significance to those in the know. Not me. When taken my law degree I was tutored on Parliament etc by someone called Dr Stephen Coleman, who worked for Hansard. I stayed in touch and he put some freelance work my way over the years.

Amongst explaining why some MPs are called m'learned friend and others m'honourable friend was how stuff is recorded in the house.

If you think I am lying please feel free to point it out. Making snide digs neither becomes you (I hope) or helps the debate.

So do try to live up to being a porter, or whatever it is you do.
So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 23:29 - Jun 19 with 1772 viewsLord_Lucan

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 23:18 - Jun 19 by HARRY10

What might seem odd to the layman has significance to those in the know. Not me. When taken my law degree I was tutored on Parliament etc by someone called Dr Stephen Coleman, who worked for Hansard. I stayed in touch and he put some freelance work my way over the years.

Amongst explaining why some MPs are called m'learned friend and others m'honourable friend was how stuff is recorded in the house.

If you think I am lying please feel free to point it out. Making snide digs neither becomes you (I hope) or helps the debate.

What exactly is it about professional hero BlueBadger you have the hump with?
[Post edited 19 Jun 2023 23:30]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 23:30 - Jun 19 with 1767 viewsArnoldMoorhen

You really should edit that last line, Harry, because it makes you sound like you have contempt for people who do the physical hard work, without whom the better qualified professionals couldn't do their job.

I am sure that you would hate people to think that you have a similar superiority complex to Rees-Mogg, but that is how your post reads.
So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 23:34 - Jun 19 with 1756 viewsBlueBadger

Ah. The mask is properly slipping tonight isn't it comrade?

I didn't actually ask any of that stuff either. One reply to my question answered, one came ou with a load of irrelevant old toot.

On top of you accusing Lagos about lying about something he was actually present for, you're nt covering yourself with glory tonight old chap. Perhaps maybe your handlers in Moscow need to be tweaking your algorithm again.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2023 23:41]

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 23:35 - Jun 19 with 1752 viewsBlueBadger

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 23:29 - Jun 19 by Lord_Lucan

What exactly is it about professional hero BlueBadger you have the hump with?
[Post edited 19 Jun 2023 23:30]

I'll have you know, I'm a professional tosspot. Heroes don't receive financial recognition.

Ah.

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 07:15 - Jun 20 with 1539 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 23:35 - Jun 19 by BlueBadger

I'll have you know, I'm a professional tosspot. Heroes don't receive financial recognition.

Ah.

...short and stout?

Oh TOSS pot.

Sorry, as you were.

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 07:16 - Jun 20 with 1538 viewsBlueNomad

Downvoted for the last line
So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 12:52 - Jun 20 with 1329 viewsVegtablue

So who were the boris 7? (n/t) on 22:57 - Jun 19 by HARRY10

Are you suggesting this is why he shouted, or that he called the division in order to protect the Speaker? You may not be suggesting the latter, but it's an odd clarification if only to give context to why the 'no' was said loudly (as the decibels were immaterial to the substance of JohnTy's post).

If it's the latter and you have the time, I'd be interested in the reasoning / convention behind this because it's not something I've been aware of before.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024