Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chaplin lip-reading 11:22 - Apr 17 with 3152 viewsSamWhiteUK

A lot of you won't have seen this as it was when the feed was down, but I went back and watched the second half on Sunday morning. After Freddie's first goal, as the players were walking back to our half, the camera zoomed in on Freddie and Chaplin and they're clearly having a laugh about something. Then you can read Chaplin's lips clear as day saying, "I wanted to touch it so badly!"

Then as the final whistle went, Chaplin obviously wanted the match ball. It was bouncing towards the centre circle and as he turned to fetch it, a Charlton player absolutely leathered it up into the stands. Just as he did this, the camera zoomed in to Chaplin, and his shoulders dropped and he had a face like thunder. He glares at the offender and you can see him say, with a dissapointed look on his face, "why have you just f**king kicked it away?" or words to that effect. To be fair to the defender he says something like "oh sorry, I forgot" and gives Chaplin a hug.

Just two little things that made me laugh
Chaplin lip-reading on 11:26 - Apr 17 with 3045 viewsJ2BLUE

Says a lot about Chaplin that he played Ladapo in for what would have been his third. I wonder if he was pleased when the defender brought him down

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Chaplin lip-reading on 11:29 - Apr 17 with 3000 viewsBobbychase

Enjoyed seeing John-Jules involved in the post-match celebrations as well.

Scott Fraser was also giving out a lot of hugs to his former team-mates.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Chaplin lip-reading on 11:39 - Apr 17 with 2844 viewsMatt_Netherlands

I thought it was Woolfy who smashed the ball away at full time!
Chaplin lip-reading on 15:17 - Apr 17 with 2124 viewsbilllm

Chaplin lip-reading on 11:39 - Apr 17 by Matt_Netherlands

I thought it was Woolfy who smashed the ball away at full time!

So did I,it was near our box
Chaplin lip-reading on 15:27 - Apr 17 with 2055 viewsSamWhiteUK

Chaplin lip-reading on 15:17 - Apr 17 by billlm

So did I,it was near our box

Woolfy lumps it into the air first, and it bounces in the centre circle, and then their centre-half lumps it away proper
Chaplin lip-reading on 15:32 - Apr 17 with 2025 viewsHipsterectomy

It was quite petty when he got his third that the Charlton player wouldn't give him the ball when he obviously wanted to celebrate with it. 100% understandable, but still petty.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Chaplin lip-reading on 15:43 - Apr 17 with 1953 viewsSharkey

Chaplin lip-reading on 15:32 - Apr 17 by Hipsterectomy

It was quite petty when he got his third that the Charlton player wouldn't give him the ball when he obviously wanted to celebrate with it. 100% understandable, but still petty.

I watched quite a few highlights over the weekend, and there were loads of games where somebody scored and then there was a squabble and grappling' when someone tried to get the ball from the net. Seemed to be theme of the week.
Chaplin lip-reading on 18:47 - Apr 17 with 1540 viewsbackwaywhen

Chaplin lip-reading on 15:43 - Apr 17 by Sharkey

I watched quite a few highlights over the weekend, and there were loads of games where somebody scored and then there was a squabble and grappling' when someone tried to get the ball from the net. Seemed to be theme of the week.

It always happens especially when a team are chasing the game , seems rather OTT really as I doubt if it makes the slightest difference time wise .
Login to get fewer ads

Chaplin lip-reading on 18:53 - Apr 17 with 1507 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Chaplin lip-reading on 18:47 - Apr 17 by backwaywhen

It always happens especially when a team are chasing the game , seems rather OTT really as I doubt if it makes the slightest difference time wise .

It is a tactic from the team that has just scored to ensure there is no chance they can get the ball ready for kick off. Coupled with an extended goal celebration, it enables the team to settle down and get some adrenalin out of their system ready for kick off.

It prevents the situation we had some years ago when a couple of our younger players were busy celebrating a goal that had actually been disallowed while the opposition took the free kick and were busy playing against 9 men.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Chaplin lip-reading on 19:11 - Apr 17 with 1420 viewsITFC_Jenx

Chaplin lip-reading on 18:53 - Apr 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

It is a tactic from the team that has just scored to ensure there is no chance they can get the ball ready for kick off. Coupled with an extended goal celebration, it enables the team to settle down and get some adrenalin out of their system ready for kick off.

It prevents the situation we had some years ago when a couple of our younger players were busy celebrating a goal that had actually been disallowed while the opposition took the free kick and were busy playing against 9 men.

Haynes and Peters against Watford if I remember correctly? Crowd shouting at them to turn around and keep playing.
Chaplin lip-reading on 22:15 - Apr 17 with 1141 viewsBluespeed225

Chaplin lip-reading on 18:53 - Apr 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

We do seem to be taking a while to re-set for lick off after we score. Refs are always telling Chappers to get back into his own half. Deffo a tactic.
Chaplin lip-reading on 22:28 - Apr 17 with 1082 viewsDeano69

Chaplin lip-reading on 22:15 - Apr 17 by Bluespeed225

We do seem to be taking a while to re-set for lick off after we score. Refs are always telling Chappers to get back into his own half. Deffo a tactic.

We always laugh about this. Our other theory is he only has little legs.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Chaplin lip-reading on 23:24 - Apr 17 with 946 viewsronnyd

Chaplin lip-reading on 22:15 - Apr 17 by Bluespeed225

You can't beat a good lick off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024