Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth annihilated 18:46 - Apr 2 with 2808 viewsbournemouthblue

I wonder how demoralising that loss will be for Plymouth, time will tell

I know they have an 'easy' run in on paper but a long trip to Wembley on a big day like that and putting in that performance, can't help their nerves much, surely?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Plymouth annihilated on 18:55 - Apr 2 with 2727 viewscatch74

Long trip to Morecambe on Friday.

Got to be said, would have loved to get to Wembley and win, a run in that cup really needs to end with victory, otherwise it really is a worthless exercise. With our midfield injuries it probably would have been a millstone round out neck for us.

They’ve put a decent side out and come away with nothing, it’s going to hurt.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Plymouth annihilated on 18:57 - Apr 2 with 2700 viewsBugs

It can't be easy to put that type of performance behind you. I think they might struggle to be in the top two at the end of the season.

But more importantly, when does a thrashing become an annihilation?
Plymouth annihilated on 19:02 - Apr 2 with 2661 viewsMark

With SEVEN crucial league matches to play this month, today was the last thing Plymouth needed. I am glad we won at Derby yesterday rather than playing in the Papa John's Trophy Final, a competition I hope we will never have to play in again.
Plymouth annihilated on 19:03 - Apr 2 with 2658 viewsArnieM

Ply mouth have the Shrews and Exeter both away, a few days apart, mid April. I’m hoping that’s the week they finally drop points. They rarely lose or drop points at home, but they don’t usually travel well.

I actually can’t stand their fans now, as they come across as arrogant and gobby on social media. They’re more like that shower of shyte up the A140 with each passing week.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Plymouth annihilated on 19:06 - Apr 2 with 2613 viewsfranz_tyson

Think I would be really deflated if it happened to us. I know it's only the pizza cup, but we would have built it up in advance and tossed around the theory that it could distract from the league, but we would eventually come around to the idea that it would be a great day out and a confidence booster. Winning breeds winning, doesn't it? Except.... they get hammered and I'd say this will really hurt them.
Plymouth annihilated on 19:36 - Apr 2 with 2405 viewsbilllm

They have always bounced back from crushing defeats well this season,
Let's hope not this time,
Sad but can't see Morecambe stopping them,
Plymouth annihilated on 19:39 - Apr 2 with 2380 viewspointofblue

Plymouth annihilated on 19:36 - Apr 2 by billlm

They have always bounced back from crushing defeats well this season,
Let's hope not this time,
Sad but can't see Morecambe stopping them,

Crushing League defeats, yes.

In the cup, they lost 5-1 at Grimsby and subsequently picked up three points from 12.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Plymouth annihilated on 19:41 - Apr 2 with 2348 viewsIllinoisblue

Plymouth annihilated on 19:03 - Apr 2 by ArnieM

Ply mouth have the Shrews and Exeter both away, a few days apart, mid April. I’m hoping that’s the week they finally drop points. They rarely lose or drop points at home, but they don’t usually travel well.

I actually can’t stand their fans now, as they come across as arrogant and gobby on social media. They’re more like that shower of shyte up the A140 with each passing week.

Those two do feel potentially vital given how good they are at home

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Plymouth annihilated on 22:37 - Apr 2 with 1804 viewsurbanblue

Plymouth annihilated on 19:41 - Apr 2 by Illinoisblue

Fantastic result
Plymouth annihilated on 22:54 - Apr 2 with 1709 viewsBigCommon

Lot of Plymouth spent loads on travel, tickets, hotels etc. Thats got to hurt getting battered 4 nil....
Wonder if their home support will be less vibrant for a game or two....
Couple of wins and they'll forget all about it..But a couple of dodgy results and it will keep getting brought up, no doubt.
Plymouth annihilated on 22:56 - Apr 2 with 1700 viewspointofblue

Plymouth annihilated on 22:54 - Apr 2 by BigCommon

Lot of Plymouth spent loads on travel, tickets, hotels etc. Thats got to hurt getting battered 4 nil....
Wonder if their home support will be less vibrant for a game or two....
Couple of wins and they'll forget all about it..But a couple of dodgy results and it will keep getting brought up, no doubt.

Has a side ever lost 5-1, 5-1, 5-2 and 4-0 all in one season yet still finished in the top two of a division/been promoted?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Plymouth annihilated on 00:15 - Apr 3 with 1479 viewsbournemouthblue

Plymouth annihilated on 22:56 - Apr 2 by pointofblue

Has a side ever lost 5-1, 5-1, 5-2 and 4-0 all in one season yet still finished in the top two of a division/been promoted?

In the earlier days when a lot of goals were scored and conceded, see that boxing day set of results in the 60's which is always trotted out, it must have happened

In the modern era, it would be interesting to see?

Morecambe must be the perfect next game for them really, Morecambe look absolutely shocking!

Plymouth annihilated on 00:37 - Apr 3 with 1407 viewsFoD_Blue

Plymouth annihilated on 00:15 - Apr 3 by bournemouthblue

In the earlier days when a lot of goals were scored and conceded, see that boxing day set of results in the 60's which is always trotted out, it must have happened

In the modern era, it would be interesting to see?

Morecambe must be the perfect next game for them really, Morecambe look absolutely shocking!

"Morecambe must be the perfect next game for them really, Morecambe look absolutely shocking!"

Just as Forest Green were the perfect team for Sheffield W to play after their defeat to Barnsley.
Would fully expect Plymouth to win, but there's always hope of an upset.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2023 0:37]
Plymouth annihilated on 01:19 - Apr 3 with 1353 viewsbournemouthblue

Plymouth annihilated on 00:37 - Apr 3 by FoD_Blue

"Morecambe must be the perfect next game for them really, Morecambe look absolutely shocking!"

Just as Forest Green were the perfect team for Sheffield W to play after their defeat to Barnsley.
Would fully expect Plymouth to win, but there's always hope of an upset.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2023 0:37]

You never know, hopefully that battering at Barnsley causes them to regroup and galvanise

Plymouth annihilated on 05:14 - Apr 3 with 1248 viewsIPS_wich

Plymouth annihilated on 19:41 - Apr 2 by Illinoisblue

They are not great on the road and are in top 2 contention for their incredible home form:

Home: P 19, W 17 D 1 L 1
Away: P 19 W 7 D 7 L 5

The loss at Wembley wasn't that surprising and if they drop points between now and end of the season it's far more likely to be on the road
Plymouth annihilated on 08:13 - Apr 3 with 952 viewsNthQldITFC

Plymouth annihilated on 01:19 - Apr 3 by bournemouthblue

You never know, hopefully that battering at Barnsley causes them to regroup and galvanise

I'd like to zinc it will put some steel into the Shrimps.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024