Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FIFA U20 World Cup.... 14:27 - Mar 30 with 746 viewsitfcjoe

...due to be hosted in Indonesia - but because Israel have qualified, Indonesia have tried to ban them, with the inevitable conclusion that they are now stripped ofd the tournament and it will now be hosted elsewhere.

I wonder if Elkan would be playing in this? Would seem likely they drop him back down into it - but if they are no longer hosts what happens to their qualification place?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65113802

The decision follows the cancellation of the official draw for the tournament, which was due to be held in Bali last Friday.

The Football Association of Indonesia (PSSI) said Fifa was forced to cancel the draw after Bali's governor Wayan Koster refused to host the Israeli team.

The U20 World Cup is set to take place from 20 May to 11 June.

Indonesia does not have any formal diplomatic ties with Israel and recently protesters have held marches demanding Israel be stopped from competing in the tournament, in support of Palestine.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2023 14:29]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

FIFA U20 World Cup.... on 15:07 - Mar 30 with 603 viewsKeno

I wonder what would have happened if Isreal had qualified for the Qatar world cup

Where there any 'iffy' results, inspired by Clive Thomaslike referring decisions, in their qualifying games?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

FIFA U20 World Cup.... on 17:15 - Mar 30 with 500 viewspositivity

FIFA U20 World Cup.... on 15:07 - Mar 30 by Keno

I wonder what would have happened if Isreal had qualified for the Qatar world cup

Where there any 'iffy' results, inspired by Clive Thomaslike referring decisions, in their qualifying games?

israel aren't noted for their ability to qualify for the world cup (only managed it one more time than qatar...)

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

FIFA U20 World Cup.... on 17:45 - Mar 30 with 453 viewsoldburian

FIFA U20 World Cup.... on 17:15 - Mar 30 by positivity

israel aren't noted for their ability to qualify for the world cup (only managed it one more time than qatar...)

In 1958 Israel were in an Asian group and, as no one would play them, were top of the group. FIFA deemed it wrong to qualify this way so drew a team to play them. Wales were that team and subsequently played in the 1958 Wold Cup.
FIFA U20 World Cup.... on 17:49 - Mar 30 with 444 viewspositivity

FIFA U20 World Cup.... on 17:45 - Mar 30 by oldburian

In 1958 Israel were in an Asian group and, as no one would play them, were top of the group. FIFA deemed it wrong to qualify this way so drew a team to play them. Wales were that team and subsequently played in the 1958 Wold Cup.

they somehow managed to get a draw against (eventual finalists) italy in 1970

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024