Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grant Wahl dies in Qatar, aged 48. 07:38 - Dec 10 with 896 viewstractordownsouth

US football journalist Grant Wahl collapsed and died last night during the Netherlands v Argentina game, despite sending a tweet just minutes earlier celebrating the Dutch equaliser. His brother is claiming foul play - Wahl was in trouble with authorities for wearing an LGBT shirt to the USA v Wales match and had written articles criticising the Qatari authorities for the migrant worker deaths as recently as last week.

While his name is in the news, I’d recommend people listen to the first series of his American Prodigy podcast about Freddy Adu. I first listened when it came out and have replayed it a couple of times since - a really good inside story about how media pressure affects young footballers.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/american-prodigy-becoming-great/id15349648

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Grant Wahl dies in Qatar, aged 48. on 08:37 - Dec 10 with 741 viewsWacko

Sad news but he himself said he was ill with bronchitis earlier

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Grant Wahl dies in Qatar, aged 48. on 08:54 - Dec 10 with 701 viewsLankHenners

Terrible news and, sadly unsurprisingly, some really vile comments in the replies to the story being reported across various news accounts. Have to hope an investigation is done properly and gives the family some answers.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024