Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fed up of bad mattresses 04:56 - Dec 8 with 1461 viewsMalcolmMeatballHead

Any advice would be appreciated. I obviously sleep alone my bed is really uncomfortable. Basically I have a really bad quality mattress with bumpy bits in and it makes my ribs hurt the next day as I sleep on my front and my mattress beats me up during the night I swear

Last night I tried to use a FLEECE BLANKET to soften things but it just made me sweat like HELL. FFS it's so cold but I can't even get comfortable and warm. I proper miss those summer days when we were all melting. Haha. Great memories
[Post edited 8 Dec 2022 4:58]
Fed up of bad mattresses on 05:12 - Dec 8 with 1421 viewsMalcolmMeatballHead

Sorry I didn't even get to my question which was:

How can you make a lumpy mattress more soft (without using a FLEECE BLANKET which makes me sweat)

When I was young I used to go camping with the local butcher who was a friend of my nephew and he always had loads of those foam roll out matt's that were ideal for camping and sleeping on. Do they still sell those roll out matt things and if so do they sell them at Argos or Wilko's or any other place please?
[Post edited 8 Dec 2022 5:14]
Fed up of bad mattresses on 06:08 - Dec 8 with 1363 viewsChondzoresk

Fed up of bad mattresses on 05:12 - Dec 8 by MalcolmMeatballHead

How can you make a lumpy mattress more soft (without using a FLEECE BLANKET which makes me sweat)

When I was young I used to go camping with the local butcher who was a friend of my nephew and he always had loads of those foam roll out matt's that were ideal for camping and sleeping on. Do they still sell those roll out matt things and if so do they sell them at Argos or Wilko's or any other place please?

Have you tried turning it, upside down and spun around. Or get one of those Emma mattresses or equivalent. People rave about them. No personal experience though as I spent loads on my mattress last year.
Fed up of bad mattresses on 06:25 - Dec 8 with 1343 viewsbobbyramsey

Fed up "with" bad mattressess............. ;)

Memory foam topper is your answer.
Fed up of bad mattresses on 06:44 - Dec 8 with 1318 viewsdickie

Definitely invest in a memory foam mattress topper if you don't fancy buying a whole new mattress
Fed up of bad mattresses on 07:01 - Dec 8 with 1299 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Fed up of bad mattresses on 05:12 - Dec 8 by MalcolmMeatballHead

You can still get the roll out foam mats Malcolm.
Got my last one for camping at Go Outdoors.

Alternatively, don't keep your lottery winnings under the mattress

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Fed up of bad mattresses on 08:35 - Dec 8 with 1182 viewsBloomBlue

Are you turning your mattress regularly?

I don't mean just turning it round but also flipping it over, ideally you should do that every 6-8 weeks if not it will settle with 'lumps'
Fed up of bad mattresses on 09:15 - Dec 8 with 1132 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

It sounds like you have a tense mattress. In which case, stick on some Enya, light a few candles, get the essential oils out and massage away using one of those wooden tools that looks vaguely like a rudimentary drawing of an F1 car. You should notice an immediate improvement in the mood of the mattress and those lumps will become distant memories. Don't forget to make it a cup of lapsang souchong afterwards.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Fed up of bad mattresses on 09:29 - Dec 8 with 1104 viewsearlsgreenblue

Fed up of bad mattresses on 09:15 - Dec 8 by SlippinJimmyJuan

It sounds like you have a tense mattress. In which case, stick on some Enya, light a few candles, get the essential oils out and massage away using one of those wooden tools that looks vaguely like a rudimentary drawing of an F1 car. You should notice an immediate improvement in the mood of the mattress and those lumps will become distant memories. Don't forget to make it a cup of lapsang souchong afterwards.

Brilliant!
Login to get fewer ads

Fed up of bad mattresses on 10:25 - Dec 8 with 1060 viewsGuthrum

Fed up of bad mattresses on 06:08 - Dec 8 by Chondzoresk

Have you tried turning it, upside down and spun around. Or get one of those Emma mattresses or equivalent. People rave about them. No personal experience though as I spent loads on my mattress last year.

Loads of mattresses nowadays are one-sided, you can't even turn them over.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Fed up of bad mattresses on 11:30 - Dec 8 with 980 viewsChondzoresk

Fed up of bad mattresses on 10:25 - Dec 8 by Guthrum

Yes, but I’m assuming the OPs mattress is 20 years old with springs and horse hair hanging out. I bought my £1800 mattress last year and you have to turn and spin it every month in a certain order. Mattresses are extremely important in our lives. We spend many hours mainly sleeping on them, so need to be changed every few years.
Fed up of bad mattresses on 11:34 - Dec 8 with 971 viewsronnyd

Yeah, mines like that, it has a memory foam topper as part of the mattress. Just spln it every few months.
Fed up of bad mattresses on 11:48 - Dec 8 with 951 viewsSpruceMoose

OP should look into getting a self-turning mattress.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024