Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Panorama Monday night 08:09 - Oct 14 with 3322 viewsbluelagos

Heads up. 8pm Monday on BBC1.

A report into the Champions League final chaos in Paris. Will be worth a watch.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Panorama Monday night on 09:04 - Oct 14 with 2327 viewsnrb1985

doubt it.

The media are terrified of that club and their fans - witness their reporting of the "impeccably" observed minute's silence after the Queen died (n/b it was abandoned after 34 seconds).

There is zero balance or impartiality applied to reports on that club anymore.

And I'll just leave this here...

https://punditarena.com/football/rudi-kinsella/jake-humphrey-tweet-deleted/
Panorama Monday night on 09:13 - Oct 14 with 2276 viewsGlasgowBlue

Panorama Monday night on 09:04 - Oct 14 by nrb1985

doubt it.

The media are terrified of that club and their fans - witness their reporting of the "impeccably" observed minute's silence after the Queen died (n/b it was abandoned after 34 seconds).

It isn’t that hard to be critical of some of the behaviour of their fans on social media or the disrespect shown to the Queen’s minute silence, whilst at the same time being utterly appalled at the treatment of their fans at last season’s Champions League Final.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Panorama Monday night on 09:18 - Oct 14 with 2283 viewsDyland

Panorama Monday night on 09:04 - Oct 14 by nrb1985

doubt it.

That's extremely biased conflating of two unrelated events. Pretty ironic in light of your assertion about balance and impartiality :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Panorama Monday night on 09:21 - Oct 14 with 2245 viewsblueasfook

Panorama Monday night on 09:13 - Oct 14 by GlasgowBlue

It isn’t that hard to be critical of some of the behaviour of their fans on social media or the disrespect shown to the Queen’s minute silence, whilst at the same time being utterly appalled at the treatment of their fans at last season’s Champions League Final.

Indeed. For once, the scousers are vindicated here. Fans of any club in the champs league final would have got the same treatment. Very poor organisation was at the root of it.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Panorama Monday night on 09:26 - Oct 14 with 2230 viewsnrb1985

Panorama Monday night on 09:18 - Oct 14 by Dyland

That's extremely biased conflating of two unrelated events. Pretty ironic in light of your assertion about balance and impartiality :)

True :)

And do please excuse my skepticism, but I'm not expecting to learn much from any output produced by the big media companies relating to that team. I'm not sure that's a particularly controversial view is it given what's gone before is it?

We are at the end of the day talking about a group of companies and a sector where one of their ex players can quite literally spit at a child and still keep his job...
Panorama Monday night on 09:33 - Oct 14 with 2178 viewstextbackup

Will there be a section of the program showing the liverpool fans at Rangers singing ‘Lizzies in a box’ and pro IRA chants? Out of interest

Salt of the earth
Cheeky scousers

Or something like that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Panorama Monday night on 09:35 - Oct 14 with 2163 viewsDyland

Panorama Monday night on 09:26 - Oct 14 by nrb1985

And do please excuse my skepticism, but I'm not expecting to learn much from any output produced by the big media companies relating to that team. I'm not sure that's a particularly controversial view is it given what's gone before is it?

We are at the end of the day talking about a group of companies and a sector where one of their ex players can quite literally spit at a child and still keep his job...

It's not skepticism my friend, it's totally illogical. Panorama/BBC and Sky/News Corp may be in the same sector but have nothing to do with each other. You're cynical and possibly a paranoid conspiracy theorist rather than a skeptic ;)

(I'm being a tvat to make the point... no offence intended)

Panorama Monday night on 09:36 - Oct 14 with 2145 viewsnrb1985

Panorama Monday night on 09:13 - Oct 14 by GlasgowBlue

My point is not about their fans per se but the way the media report on them. Scared stiff of a backlash, as witnessed by the deleting of the appalling and highly controversial tweet by Jake Humphreys...
Login to get fewer ads

Panorama Monday night on 09:36 - Oct 14 with 2145 viewsDyland

Panorama Monday night on 09:33 - Oct 14 by textbackup

Will there be a section of the program showing the liverpool fans at Rangers singing ‘Lizzies in a box’ and pro IRA chants? Out of interest

Salt of the earth
Cheeky scousers

Or something like that

No because it's about the French authorities handling of the Champs League final in Paris.

Glad to clear that up for ya Texters :)

Panorama Monday night on 09:37 - Oct 14 with 2136 viewsbluelagos

Yep, it is a ridiculous charge. Panorama don't report on sport, or employ ex players. To suggest bias on their part, without an ounce of evidence of previous bias is be frank, utterly absurd.

Because Sky sports employ an exLfc player and didnt act in a manner you approve of, therefore a Bbc news agency is biased....

you do have a point on 09:37 - Oct 14 with 2129 viewsDyland

Panorama Monday night on 09:36 - Oct 14 by nrb1985

My point is not about their fans per se but the way the media report on them. Scared stiff of a backlash, as witnessed by the deleting of the appalling and highly controversial tweet by Jake Humphreys...

It's not just in relation to LFC though.

Panorama Monday night on 09:38 - Oct 14 with 2134 viewsnrb1985

Salt of the earth
Cheeky scousers

Or something like that

dreadful club with dreadful fans and a stack of dreadful ex players who some how seem to be employed at will by the TV and Radio companies.
Panorama Monday night on 09:40 - Oct 14 with 2123 viewsArnoldMoorhen

So because Sky didn't sack Carragher, a BBC Panorama documentary about policing in Paris must be incorrect?

That makes literally no sense.

Maybe try watching the documentary, and evaluate the evidence that they present, before making your mind up? That's how impartiality works.
Panorama Monday night on 09:56 - Oct 14 with 2015 viewsbluelagos

Salt of the earth
Cheeky scousers

Or something like that

Why would there be?

It's about the French police / authorities putting football fans of Liverpool and Real Madrid in a situation where their lives were put at risk.

Panorama Monday night on 10:15 - Oct 14 with 1929 viewsnrb1985

Panorama Monday night on 09:40 - Oct 14 by ArnoldMoorhen

So because Sky didn't sack Carragher, a BBC Panorama documentary about policing in Paris must be incorrect?

That makes literally no sense.

Maybe try watching the documentary, and evaluate the evidence that they present, before making your mind up? That's how impartiality works.

They are all scared stiff of the same issue regardless of which programme on which mainstream network.

This has been going on for years if not decades and we all know why.
Panorama Monday night on 10:19 - Oct 14 with 1914 viewsnrb1985

Panorama Monday night on 09:56 - Oct 14 by bluelagos

Why would there be?

It's about the French police / authorities putting football fans of Liverpool and Real Madrid in a situation where their lives were put at risk.

you reckon there will be an acknowledgment of the various since deleted tweets from some of their fans bragging about "bunking" friends or family in while also having the JFT96 hashtag on their twitter bio?
[Post edited 14 Oct 2022 10:19]
Panorama Monday night on 10:20 - Oct 14 with 1902 viewsbluelagos

Panorama Monday night on 10:15 - Oct 14 by nrb1985

They are all scared stiff of the same issue regardless of which programme on which mainstream network.

You think BBC Panorama are scared of LFC fans? Really? Why would they be scared of LFC fans?

These are guys who regularly report on politicians / war lords / dictators / criminals etc. Why would they be scared to tell the truth about football fans?

If you think you know why, you should enlighten us all.

Panorama Monday night on 10:21 - Oct 14 with 1889 viewsbluelagos

Panorama Monday night on 10:19 - Oct 14 by nrb1985

you reckon there will be an acknowledgment of the various since deleted tweets from some of their fans bragging about "bunking" friends or family in while also having the JFT96 hashtag on their twitter bio?
[Post edited 14 Oct 2022 10:19]

No idea, I've not seen the programme.

Panorama Monday night on 10:23 - Oct 14 with 1883 viewsnrb1985

Panorama Monday night on 10:21 - Oct 14 by bluelagos

No idea, I've not seen the programme.

neither have I but we can have a good guess can't we.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2022 10:23]
Panorama Monday night on 10:24 - Oct 14 with 1866 viewsWeWereZombies

Panorama Monday night on 10:15 - Oct 14 by nrb1985

Or it could be very relevant in the light of two recent incidents involving the use of tear gas by police (one in Indonesia and one in Argentina, both in contravention of FIFA regulations) that have resulted in fatalities.

No matter what our political, religious or club sympathies are, if we get caught up in disorder and the authorities are not likely to be in control of the situation (or themselves) then we are at risk at no fault of our own. It is evident that a grown up conversation is needed on this and that our national broadcaster is the ideal place to start it.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Panorama Monday night on 10:26 - Oct 14 with 1865 viewsbluelagos

Panorama Monday night on 10:23 - Oct 14 by nrb1985

neither have I but we can have a good guess can't we.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2022 10:23]

Yeah, especially if say the issue of LFC fans bunking in en-mass has already been shown to be de-bunked.

You know the whole game was basically filmed by hundreds of journos. Of course you would be able to back up your claims with videos am sure...unless you are basically full of sh1t and without a clue.

Panorama Monday night on 10:27 - Oct 14 with 1858 viewsbluelagos

Panorama Monday night on 10:24 - Oct 14 by WeWereZombies

Or it could be very relevant in the light of two recent incidents involving the use of tear gas by police (one in Indonesia and one in Argentina, both in contravention of FIFA regulations) that have resulted in fatalities.

No matter what our political, religious or club sympathies are, if we get caught up in disorder and the authorities are not likely to be in control of the situation (or themselves) then we are at risk at no fault of our own. It is evident that a grown up conversation is needed on this and that our national broadcaster is the ideal place to start it.

Yeah but "some scoucers sang horrible songs about the queen"...or something.

Panorama Monday night on 10:28 - Oct 14 with 1859 viewsvilanovablue

Panorama Monday night on 09:56 - Oct 14 by bluelagos

Why would there be?

The fact that a negative press statement pertaining to Liverpool was prepared before the trouble happened is also pretty telling!
Panorama Monday night on 10:29 - Oct 14 with 1852 viewsnrb1985

Panorama Monday night on 10:20 - Oct 14 by bluelagos

You think BBC Panorama are scared of LFC fans? Really? Why would they be scared of LFC fans?

These are guys who regularly report on politicians / war lords / dictators / criminals etc. Why would they be scared to tell the truth about football fans?

If you think you know why, you should enlighten us all.

The same reason Henry Winter wrote that the minute's silence was impeccably observed and Jake Humphreys was made to delete that tweet.

I'm not going to spell it out for you but you know as well as I do.
Panorama Monday night on 10:32 - Oct 14 with 1833 viewsbluelagos

Panorama Monday night on 10:29 - Oct 14 by nrb1985

The same reason Henry Winter wrote that the minute's silence was impeccably observed and Jake Humphreys was made to delete that tweet.

I'm not going to spell it out for you but you know as well as I do.

No I really don't.

The evidence is clear that the police and authorities royally fcked up and put fans lives' in danger. Some of that will be presented on Monday night am sure.

You clearly have no evidence that LFC bunked in en mass or you would present it. You haven't. On that basis, am content to conclude you are full of sh1t.

Simples.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024