Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Argyle v Ipswich 23:50 - Sep 20 with 4890 viewsquirkie

Nice article on Ipswich on PASOTI.

https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/one-game-at-a-time-ipswich-town-h-september-25th-pr

I'm expecting 1st loss of the season, to be redeemed by a home win against Pompey.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2022 23:54]

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Argyle v Ipswich on 08:35 - Sep 21 with 3725 viewsVic

What a great read that is, and oh, what an embarrassment to learn some things about our club from an opponents forum!

“Ivan was the son of Lady Evelyn Cobbold, a colourful character who was the first recorded female convert to Islam to pilgrimage to Mecca.” I never knew that.

And who says that a financial injection to propel a club up the football ladder is a modern phenomena? Once again, like signing the first continental players, we were ahead of the game.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Argyle v Ipswich on 08:54 - Sep 21 with 3640 viewstextbackup

Why would you expect a loss?
Bit of a defeatist attitude when we have a great squad and a brilliant manager.

Saw loads of these posts before sheff weds too… we are allowed to hope for more these days.

Hopefully the manager and players don’t share such negative thoughts

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Argyle v Ipswich on 08:57 - Sep 21 with 3603 viewsVic

Argyle v Ipswich on 08:54 - Sep 21 by textbackup

Saw loads of these posts before sheff weds too… we are allowed to hope for more these days.

I agree. I’ve got a sneaky feeling we might just come away with a win.

The only problem is that the game is on the telebox and we all know what that means!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Argyle v Ipswich on 09:01 - Sep 21 with 3574 viewstextbackup

Argyle v Ipswich on 08:57 - Sep 21 by Vic

I agree. I’ve got a sneaky feeling we might just come away with a win.

The only problem is that the game is on the telebox and we all know what that means!

New club now int we, about time we forget what happened before.

I think we come away with a win, after Saturday I don’t believe a single stone will be left unturned and we’ll have corrected all those niggling issues

Going 1-0 town…

Argyle v Ipswich on 09:16 - Sep 21 with 3520 viewsfarkenhell

Argyle v Ipswich on 08:35 - Sep 21 by Vic

What a great read that is, and oh, what an embarrassment to learn some things about our club from an opponents forum!

“Ivan was the son of Lady Evelyn Cobbold, a colourful character who was the first recorded female convert to Islam to pilgrimage to Mecca.” I never knew that.

And who says that a financial injection to propel a club up the football ladder is a modern phenomena? Once again, like signing the first continental players, we were ahead of the game.

...and this bit:

"When [Alan] Hunter arrived at Portman Road, he was greeted by the sight of [John] Cobbold standing through the sunroof of his car, firing a pretend rifle at his young son."

Brilliant!
Argyle v Ipswich on 09:18 - Sep 21 with 3498 viewsKieran_Knows

'I'm expecting 1st loss of the season'

FFS. Pathetic.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Argyle v Ipswich on 09:34 - Sep 21 with 3419 viewstextbackup

Argyle v Ipswich on 09:18 - Sep 21 by Kieran_Knows

FFS. Pathetic.

It’s like we are turning up with Gerken, Spence and Freddie Sears!

Argyle v Ipswich on 09:57 - Sep 21 with 3318 viewsBig_Jase

Great post from the Plymouth chap, but terrible prediction, we win 3-0.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Login to get fewer ads

Argyle v Ipswich on 10:08 - Sep 21 with 3257 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Plymouth by far the team that have impressed me most this season.

The teams they have beaten Derby, Bolton, Pboro, Barnsley. They have had a really tough start and come through very well, even more impressive given their end to last season. I was secretly hoping that Schumacher would leave amid recent interest because I think they are a real threat to top two.

We can win this game, 100% we can. But given our record vs the better teams in this division, I will predict a humble draw.

Big Big Game

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Argyle v Ipswich on 11:01 - Sep 21 with 3109 viewspafcprogs

Argyle v Ipswich on 10:08 - Sep 21 by TRUE_BLUE123

Plymouth by far the team that have impressed me most this season.

The teams they have beaten Derby, Bolton, Pboro, Barnsley. They have had a really tough start and come through very well, even more impressive given their end to last season. I was secretly hoping that Schumacher would leave amid recent interest because I think they are a real threat to top two.

We can win this game, 100% we can. But given our record vs the better teams in this division, I will predict a humble draw.

Big Big Game

So first of all thanks for the kind comments...these things were never supposed to become the tomes they have but I enjoy writing them and they a re done somewhat tongue in cheek in the jibes.....

This week was the hardest so far as I do ( being of the Mariner generation...saw his debut v Rochdale and made sure I saw his England debut too) there was a genuine Ipswich as your second team vibe. I think the only other players that have come close to that were Akos Buzsacky and recently Graham Carey...maybe Graham Coughlan as well.

I think Sunday will be nervy and is the kind of game either side will be happy to win, Ok with the draw and even a close defeat can be rationalised.

We have definitely improved on last season...better players in on loan and a new formation that suits us going forward. Mayor back which helps its with Azaz being out.

No doubt you will be giving pelters to Mumba the Canary, but he has imp[ressed and gives us width and pace we lacked last season. Butcher issn't a Camara....less athletic;etic ( just) but I think better end product...but you can see that for yourself when Pan gets fit....if he could pass and shoot like he runs and tackles he would be Prem (top end).

So the Home Park first away league scorer pool stands at 360 minutes and counting.....

We were obviously gutted to concede so late at Pompous....third 2-2 and third injury time equaliser in a row there...Dastardly and Muttley will be hopping about on the touchline next week whilst their players will be dropping like flies in the box....

Do pop back for next weeks installment which will have a match analysis of our game before moving onto to League Ones favourite pantomime villains Whycome Wanderers...

The took us for all six points last season so they are another acid test of how we have moved on....

Safe journey to Fortess HP ( or the remote control).

COYG!
Argyle v Ipswich on 11:08 - Sep 21 with 3061 viewsfarkenhell

Argyle v Ipswich on 11:01 - Sep 21 by pafcprogs

So first of all thanks for the kind comments...these things were never supposed to become the tomes they have but I enjoy writing them and they a re done somewhat tongue in cheek in the jibes.....

This week was the hardest so far as I do ( being of the Mariner generation...saw his debut v Rochdale and made sure I saw his England debut too) there was a genuine Ipswich as your second team vibe. I think the only other players that have come close to that were Akos Buzsacky and recently Graham Carey...maybe Graham Coughlan as well.

I think Sunday will be nervy and is the kind of game either side will be happy to win, Ok with the draw and even a close defeat can be rationalised.

We have definitely improved on last season...better players in on loan and a new formation that suits us going forward. Mayor back which helps its with Azaz being out.

No doubt you will be giving pelters to Mumba the Canary, but he has imp[ressed and gives us width and pace we lacked last season. Butcher issn't a Camara....less athletic;etic ( just) but I think better end product...but you can see that for yourself when Pan gets fit....if he could pass and shoot like he runs and tackles he would be Prem (top end).

So the Home Park first away league scorer pool stands at 360 minutes and counting.....

We were obviously gutted to concede so late at Pompous....third 2-2 and third injury time equaliser in a row there...Dastardly and Muttley will be hopping about on the touchline next week whilst their players will be dropping like flies in the box....

Do pop back for next weeks installment which will have a match analysis of our game before moving onto to League Ones favourite pantomime villains Whycome Wanderers...

The took us for all six points last season so they are another acid test of how we have moved on....

Safe journey to Fortess HP ( or the remote control).

COYG!

Great article, particularly liked the Dastardly and Muttley.

However, has to be said you're no Warkystache!
Argyle v Ipswich on 11:11 - Sep 21 with 3040 viewsSuperblue95

Argyle v Ipswich on 08:54 - Sep 21 by textbackup

Probably because we haven’t won when playing live on Sky in about 5000 games

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Argyle v Ipswich on 11:32 - Sep 21 with 2974 viewsCotty

It's not terribly accurate though. Apparently we went into administration after being relegated in '94, and were then purchased by Marcus Evans.
Argyle v Ipswich on 11:59 - Sep 21 with 2892 viewspafcprogs

Argyle v Ipswich on 11:08 - Sep 21 by farkenhell

Great article, particularly liked the Dastardly and Muttley.

However, has to be said you're no Warkystache!

I will have to concede that point as I have not idea who or what a Warkystache is :)
Argyle v Ipswich on 12:04 - Sep 21 with 2876 viewsSamWhiteUK

Argyle v Ipswich on 11:59 - Sep 21 by pafcprogs

I will have to concede that point as I have not idea who or what a Warkystache is :)

He's a guy who posts on here stories of his sex life under the guise of a match report, because he thinks we are interested, I guess?
Argyle v Ipswich on 12:39 - Sep 21 with 2773 viewsblueislander

Argyle v Ipswich on 09:16 - Sep 21 by farkenhell

...and this bit:

"When [Alan] Hunter arrived at Portman Road, he was greeted by the sight of [John] Cobbold standing through the sunroof of his car, firing a pretend rifle at his young son."

Brilliant!

That is apocryphal. Mr. John was never married, and had no children .
Argyle v Ipswich on 12:41 - Sep 21 with 2753 viewspafcprogs

Argyle v Ipswich on 12:39 - Sep 21 by blueislander

That is apocryphal. Mr. John was never married, and had no children .

Hunters son :)
Argyle v Ipswich on 12:42 - Sep 21 with 2747 viewspafcprogs

Argyle v Ipswich on 11:32 - Sep 21 by Cotty

It's not terribly accurate though. Apparently we went into administration after being relegated in '94, and were then purchased by Marcus Evans.

Thanks for that..I shall review...I did find it confusing at the time :)
Argyle v Ipswich on 13:25 - Sep 21 with 2608 viewspafcprogs

Argyle v Ipswich on 11:32 - Sep 21 by Cotty

Updated to include more accurate carbon dating of your credit history :)
Argyle v Ipswich on 13:28 - Sep 21 with 2544 viewsCotty

Argyle v Ipswich on 13:25 - Sep 21 by pafcprogs

Updated to include more accurate carbon dating of your credit history :)

You completely missed us nearly qualifying for the Champions league in 2000/01! Outrageous!
Argyle v Ipswich on 13:35 - Sep 21 with 2496 viewsblueislander

Argyle v Ipswich on 12:41 - Sep 21 by pafcprogs

Hunters son :)

Ah. Apologies. As you probably know Mr. John was , should we say, camp.
Argyle v Ipswich on 14:04 - Sep 21 with 2368 viewsfarkenhell

Argyle v Ipswich on 12:04 - Sep 21 by SamWhiteUK

He's a guy who posts on here stories of his sex life under the guise of a match report, because he thinks we are interested, I guess?

To borrow an excellent riposte on another thread last night - "oh you miserable sod!"
Argyle v Ipswich on 14:05 - Sep 21 with 2365 viewsfarkenhell

Argyle v Ipswich on 11:59 - Sep 21 by pafcprogs

https://www.twtd.co.uk/members/warkystache/
Argyle v Ipswich on 16:18 - Sep 21 with 2128 viewspafcprogs

Argyle v Ipswich on 13:28 - Sep 21 by Cotty

You completely missed us nearly qualifying for the Champions league in 2000/01! Outrageous!

Don't forget I have to do the return match as well

so I kept a few bits back....
Argyle v Ipswich on 18:13 - Sep 21 with 1967 viewsquirkie

Argyle v Ipswich on 09:18 - Sep 21 by Kieran_Knows

FFS. Pathetic.

Going to lose at some point, unless you think we can go undefeated all season.

Argyle bang on firm, at home, on Sky, so just being realistic, although 3pts would be fantastic, a point would be great.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024