Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beattie is Back running today 09:52 - Sep 16 with 771 viewsPhilTWTD

The horse Beattie is Back, named after the great man himself for the KB Foundation, is running today at the Ayr Bronze Cup, 3.45pm. Four years to the day since Beat died. RIP.
Beattie is Back running today on 10:10 - Sep 16 with 719 viewsITFC_Forever

Cheers Phil, he done us well last time out.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Beattie is Back running today on 12:18 - Sep 16 with 627 viewsportmanroadblue

Beattie is Back running today on 10:10 - Sep 16 by ITFC_Forever

Cheers Phil, he done us well last time out.

Worth a punt or just having a run out?
Beattie is Back running today on 14:57 - Sep 16 with 507 viewsHighgateBlue

Beattie is Back running today on 12:18 - Sep 16 by portmanroadblue

Worth a punt or just having a run out?

It's a big field handicap, so you need a bit of luck on your side. I talked him down last time only for him to go and win, so I shouldn't say anything at all.

But I can't help myself. Although his handicap mark looks fair for what he's achieved thus far, this is his first race against his elders and he only gets 2lb for it. He looked like 7 furlongs suited him well last time, so it's not certain that the drop to 6 furlongs will suit, especially up so much in class. Having said all that, it's odd in a big field handicap with 25 runners, where many are going up in class, for only 2 of the runners to have won last time out, and one of those was the Beat. Stranger things have happened. He's not for me, but you can actually get 43/1 on betfair right now...
Beattie is Back running today on 15:07 - Sep 16 with 490 viewsportmanroadblue

Beattie is Back running today on 14:57 - Sep 16 by HighgateBlue

It's a big field handicap, so you need a bit of luck on your side. I talked him down last time only for him to go and win, so I shouldn't say anything at all.

But I can't help myself. Although his handicap mark looks fair for what he's achieved thus far, this is his first race against his elders and he only gets 2lb for it. He looked like 7 furlongs suited him well last time, so it's not certain that the drop to 6 furlongs will suit, especially up so much in class. Having said all that, it's odd in a big field handicap with 25 runners, where many are going up in class, for only 2 of the runners to have won last time out, and one of those was the Beat. Stranger things have happened. He's not for me, but you can actually get 43/1 on betfair right now...

Thanks, I'll stick it in a £1 EW treble and see what happens.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2022 15:08]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024