Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nottingham Forest's badge 20:48 - Aug 26 with 1000 viewsMalcolmMeatballHead

Following from Badger's post about the best club badges, something that's always bugged me is why is Forest spelt with a mix of upper and lower case letters? It looks weird on that stand to the right of where us away fans sit.

Any ideas folks?
Nottingham Forest's badge on 20:56 - Aug 26 with 944 viewsgtsb1966

Forget that, couldn't believe Birmingham and Millwall were so low. Both great badges imho
Nottingham Forest's badge on 21:26 - Aug 26 with 887 viewsKropotkin123

Nottingham Forest's badge on 20:56 - Aug 26 by gtsb1966

Forget that, couldn't believe Birmingham and Millwall were so low. Both great badges imho

I'd rather have no badge than Birmingham's

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Nottingham Forest's badge on 21:27 - Aug 26 with 887 viewsMattinLondon

I don’t know the official reason - and maybe there isn’t one, but that badge simply works. A bit like Derby’s badge, its quite a simple yet great design. I would put Sheffield Wednesdays old badge in the same bracket - their new one is awful.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 21:28]
Nottingham Forest's badge on 22:11 - Aug 26 with 804 viewsPendejo

Nottingham Forest's badge on 20:56 - Aug 26 by gtsb1966

Millwall's definitely plays to their rep

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Nottingham Forest's badge on 22:29 - Aug 26 with 778 viewsMalcolmMeatballHead

Nottingham Forest's badge on 21:27 - Aug 26 by MattinLondon

I don’t know the official reason - and maybe there isn’t one, but that badge simply works. A bit like Derby’s badge, its quite a simple yet great design. I would put Sheffield Wednesdays old badge in the same bracket - their new one is awful.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 21:28]

Great comment. Totally agree re derby and Sheffield Wednesday too. The simple owl was iconic, if it ain't broke don't fix it

Remember Swindon's old badge? It was so bad it was great. A bit like Aberdeen's, their badge is so bad it makes me laugh

Edit: special mention to Bournemouth's badge. What on earth is that about?
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 22:34]
Nottingham Forest's badge on 08:31 - Aug 27 with 562 viewsMattinLondon

Nottingham Forest's badge on 22:29 - Aug 26 by MalcolmMeatballHead

Great comment. Totally agree re derby and Sheffield Wednesday too. The simple owl was iconic, if it ain't broke don't fix it

Remember Swindon's old badge? It was so bad it was great. A bit like Aberdeen's, their badge is so bad it makes me laugh

Edit: special mention to Bournemouth's badge. What on earth is that about?
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 22:34]

Their badge looks like a really really bad Sunday league footballer heading the ball.
Nottingham Forest's badge on 12:22 - Aug 27 with 468 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Nottingham Forest's badge on 21:26 - Aug 26 by Kropotkin123

I'd rather have no badge than Birmingham's

Agreed. My judgement is perhaps clouded by my dislike for them as a club, but that badge is horrid

I don’t understand how Manchester United are so high.. yes it’s an instantly recognisable badge, however that is because of their success. Taking their badge purely on aesthetic it’s not great

Also, I was a little surprised how much I liked the Blackburn badge.. analysing other clubs’ badges are not something I’ve ever given thought to, but that one stood out
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024