Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whenever we next make a change to our badge, 03:25 - Jul 8 with 2012 viewsdominiciawful

whenever that may be, I hope we retain the current shape of it.

It's unique to us and I think is a rather recognisable outline, especially with the "turrets".

I prefer it to a bland, basic shield or a circle, the circular shape being a route which a number of clubs have gone down in the past few seasons - Brentford, Bristol City, Stevenage, Hartlepool (?), etc.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Whenever we next make a change to our badge, on 06:59 - Jul 8 with 1881 viewsChurchman

I hope the badge is left alone. A return to the 70s/80s version would be ok, but nothing more. I’ve always liked it. It was unique when it was introduced and still is.
Whenever we next make a change to our badge, on 08:21 - Jul 8 with 1785 viewsJ2BLUE

Whenever we next make a change to our badge, on 06:59 - Jul 8 by Churchman

I hope the badge is left alone. A return to the 70s/80s version would be ok, but nothing more. I’ve always liked it. It was unique when it was introduced and still is.

Agree. Most fan redesigns I see are awful. Generic sh1te which makes our badge look like Cardiff or Millwall.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Whenever we next make a change to our badge, on 09:56 - Jul 8 with 1658 viewssticklegs

Whenever we next make a change to our badge, on 06:59 - Jul 8 by Churchman

Totally agree. I prefer the old 70s badge so would be happy to revert back to that one. The last thing we need is some 'Norwich style' marketing modification...just leave the thing alone.
Whenever we next make a change to our badge, on 12:47 - Jul 8 with 1539 viewsGrandpa

Just change the red back to yellow & for goodness sake, stop hiding the three stars (on our shirt - see link!), let's have some pride & have them back crowning the crest

http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/baddielskinnerlightningseeds0.shtml
[Post edited 8 Jul 2022 12:49]
Whenever we next make a change to our badge, on 12:48 - Jul 8 with 1528 viewsBonneNIL

Whenever we next make a change to our badge, on 12:47 - Jul 8 by Grandpa

Just change the red back to yellow & for goodness sake, stop hiding the three stars (on our shirt - see link!), let's have some pride & have them back crowning the crest

You could do a modern version of the existing crest in Gold and it would look nice, although the 95' red badge looks great on the new home shirt.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Whenever we next make a change to our badge, on 15:21 - Jul 8 with 1425 viewsSamWhiteUK

I can see us changing in the next few years. I do like the elements of ours but I think it is a little fussy. I'd like to see reference to the turrets, the horse, and the waves, but maybe not in the shape of a shield.

EDIT: Something like this but less sheet

[Post edited 8 Jul 2022 15:36]
Whenever we next make a change to our badge, on 15:25 - Jul 8 with 1419 viewsCheltenham_Blue

That is awful.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Whenever we next make a change to our badge, on 15:40 - Jul 8 with 1384 viewspointofblue

Whenever we next make a change to our badge, on 15:25 - Jul 8 by Cheltenham_Blue

That is awful.

I quite like it. Though shouldn’t it be “We’re waking up” rather than “We’re going up”?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Whenever we next make a change to our badge, on 15:44 - Jul 8 with 1379 viewsPhilTWTD

Dan Thomas, who designed TWTD's logo and runs his own design company, wrote a piece on the history of the badge, the rather unfinished nature of the current one and thoughts on a future design in a piece a while back.

https://www.comehitherdesign.com/blog/files/itfc-badge-redesign.php
Whenever we next make a change to our badge, on 15:53 - Jul 8 with 1328 viewsBonneNIL

Whenever we next make a change to our badge, on 15:40 - Jul 8 by pointofblue

I quite like it. Though shouldn’t it be “We’re waking up” rather than “We’re going up”?

"We've fked it up, We've fked it up, we've fked it, Town have fked it up."

Would sum it up better.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Whenever we next make a change to our badge, on 15:54 - Jul 8 with 1332 viewsSTYG

Whenever we next make a change to our badge, on 15:44 - Jul 8 by PhilTWTD

Dan Thomas, who designed TWTD's logo and runs his own design company, wrote a piece on the history of the badge, the rather unfinished nature of the current one and thoughts on a future design in a piece a while back.

No offence to Dan, but I read that and thought everything he was saying on the font and the horse was correct and bugged me too and then went onto his concepts and woah!!!!

Yeah. Not for me!
Whenever we next make a change to our badge, on 15:55 - Jul 8 with 1322 viewsSTYG

Whenever we next make a change to our badge, on 15:40 - Jul 8 by pointofblue

Give me four things that Ipswich Town, UEFA Cup winners, Champions of England, home to Sir Alf and Sir Bobby is famous for.

Nobody: John Wark acting.
Whenever we next make a change to our badge, on 21:24 - Jul 8 with 1178 viewsVeggie

Yes to the yellow. No to the stars.
Whenever we next make a change to our badge, on 11:59 - Jul 9 with 997 viewsMillsey

Fine as it is and NO to the poxy yellow
Whenever we next make a change to our badge, on 12:10 - Jul 10 with 830 viewsstrikalite

Whenever we next make a change to our badge, on 15:44 - Jul 8 by PhilTWTD

We all have different tastes obviously, but the last design at the bottom I like, the horse looks younger and leaner, you can imagine him flying up and down that field like Wes Burns innit
Whenever we next make a change to our badge, on 12:13 - Jul 10 with 821 viewsWD19

Whenever we next make a change to our badge, on 15:21 - Jul 8 by SamWhiteUK

I can see us changing in the next few years. I do like the elements of ours but I think it is a little fussy. I'd like to see reference to the turrets, the horse, and the waves, but maybe not in the shape of a shield.

EDIT: Something like this but less sheet

[Post edited 8 Jul 2022 15:36]

A bit like our badge, but just less good.

Maybe if we put the punch upside down it might jazz it up a bit!?
Whenever we next make a change to our badge, on 12:22 - Jul 11 with 674 viewsHighgateBlue

Whenever we next make a change to our badge, on 12:10 - Jul 10 by strikalite

We all have different tastes obviously, but the last design at the bottom I like, the horse looks younger and leaner, you can imagine him flying up and down that field like Wes Burns innit

Suffolk punches aren’t exactly racehorses. It’s not just a generic horse on the badge, it’s a particular type of horse. I see nothing wrong with the punch on the actual current club badge.

Let’s keep the same badge we had when we got promoted to the premier league and just concentrate on supporting the team in trying to do the same again. This is a football club, not a marketing student’s NVQ project.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024