Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Jackson gets his new contract 11:15 - Apr 16 with 445 viewsCheltenham_Blue

as we are all assuming. Does he become our main striker, or do we bring in someone else and Jackson is the back up?

I know there was talk of a transfer record being broken, but I rather assumed that was about Celina and the L1 record.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2022 11:16]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If Jackson gets his new contract on 11:17 - Apr 16 with 419 viewswrightsrightglove

I definitely can’t see him being our first choice striker, probably not even second choice. I would imagine he’ll be on the bench due to his ability to cover several positions and also if we need his pace to stretch a game later on.
If Jackson gets his new contract on 11:21 - Apr 16 with 397 viewsFrimleyBlue

Jackson will be one of the backups imo as he can play in various roles. As he said KM concentrates on what he can do, this is great but it's not a starter every week imo.

i can't see us breaking the bank for Celina, you just wouldn't. he's a class above sometimes but, the truth is he's not scored many goals and goals win games. For all his good games, if we are only playing 1 uptop we need alot more goals from our other front line players. if we spent over £3 mill on celina, It doesn't bode well for the future under Ashton if that's our recruitment policy.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

If Jackson gets his new contract on 11:24 - Apr 16 with 376 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If Jackson gets his new contract on 11:17 - Apr 16 by wrightsrightglove

I definitely can’t see him being our first choice striker, probably not even second choice. I would imagine he’ll be on the bench due to his ability to cover several positions and also if we need his pace to stretch a game later on.

Then maybe he wouldn't sign in any case.

Given the experience he's has here of being overlooked by Cook and then getting some belief from McKenna, to go back to being 2nd or 3rd choice, be may well feel he needs to go elsewhere and be someone's first choice.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If Jackson gets his new contract on 11:52 - Apr 16 with 307 viewswrightsrightglove

If Jackson gets his new contract on 11:24 - Apr 16 by Cheltenham_Blue

Then maybe he wouldn't sign in any case.

Given the experience he's has here of being overlooked by Cook and then getting some belief from McKenna, to go back to being 2nd or 3rd choice, be may well feel he needs to go elsewhere and be someone's first choice.

Quite possibly but I feel like all of the attacking players know that under McKenna they’ll get a chance. He’ll use different attacking players based on how we need to play against different opposition to expose their weaknesses. It’ll be up to the strikers to make themselves undroppable and I think KJ will be up for that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024