Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 wins in our last 34 live TV games. 17:44 - Apr 14 with 1248 viewsIllinoisblue

Truly horrific record. I like what KMac says here about making new records and having the chance to write a new story.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/mckenna-on-itfc-tv-curse-8900906

PS. Who’s the fan who claims to have been to 26 consecutive away games and not seen us win? That doesn’t sound quite right.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

3 wins in our last 34 live TV games. on 18:53 - Apr 14 with 1135 viewsMach_foreignBlue

If he's that keen to stop bad record then make our players hungry to score one or two after taking the lead.

I know that the current squad aren't his players but it was still annoying to see our players cease going forwards at Shrewsbury after taking the lead. Just pissing around with the ball in the middle of the pitch.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2022 18:57]
3 wins in our last 34 live TV games. on 19:01 - Apr 14 with 1110 viewsIllinoisblue

3 wins in our last 34 live TV games. on 18:53 - Apr 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

If he's that keen to stop bad record then make our players hungry to score one or two after taking the lead.

I know that the current squad aren't his players but it was still annoying to see our players cease going forwards at Shrewsbury after taking the lead. Just pissing around with the ball in the middle of the pitch.

We do seem to lack a bit of nous to see games out. We have to get streetwise to protect slender leads or, preferably, be up by 3 goals and have the opposition forced to chase the game.

62 - 78 - 81

3 wins in our last 34 live TV games. on 19:11 - Apr 14 with 1090 viewsmarchy

3 wins in our last 34 live TV games. on 18:53 - Apr 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

Bloody Skuse eh?
3 wins in our last 34 live TV games. on 19:14 - Apr 14 with 1080 viewsMach_foreignBlue

3 wins in our last 34 live TV games. on 19:01 - Apr 14 by Illinoisblue

We do seem to lack a bit of nous to see games out. We have to get streetwise to protect slender leads or, preferably, be up by 3 goals and have the opposition forced to chase the game.

Yes we have.

And the stupid inviduals' mistakes cost us points. Woolfendens needless foul that led to the Cambridge goal or Burgess' madness last Saturday. We can multiply it.

It's nice fine to play a passing football but so far the so called 'so smaller teams' have successfully been nullyfying our threats.
3 wins in our last 34 live TV games. on 19:21 - Apr 14 with 1066 viewsMach_foreignBlue

3 wins in our last 34 live TV games. on 19:11 - Apr 14 by marchy

Bloody Skuse eh?

You can venerate this parasite who relegated us without a fight as long as you wish but he fortunately he isn't in the team at the moment.
3 wins in our last 34 live TV games. on 19:30 - Apr 14 with 1042 viewsSteve_M

3 wins in our last 34 live TV games. on 19:01 - Apr 14 by Illinoisblue

I don’t think we lack nous under McK, we’ve failed to win twice when ahead and one of those was down to a daft red card and a long-range shot. We look very comfortable in stark contrast to the early part of the season which was a car crash.

We don’t score enough goals though, that’s the bit that needs to improve.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

3 wins in our last 34 live TV games. on 19:58 - Apr 14 with 996 viewsGarv

3 wins in our last 34 live TV games. on 19:14 - Apr 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

Yes we have.

And the stupid inviduals' mistakes cost us points. Woolfendens needless foul that led to the Cambridge goal or Burgess' madness last Saturday. We can multiply it.

It's nice fine to play a passing football but so far the so called 'so smaller teams' have successfully been nullyfying our threats.

Harsh on Wolf. Type of tackle he makes 10s of times a game and more often than not wins the ball. Cambridge played us well.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

3 wins in our last 34 live TV games. on 20:13 - Apr 14 with 970 viewsMach_foreignBlue

3 wins in our last 34 live TV games. on 19:58 - Apr 14 by Garv

Harsh on Wolf. Type of tackle he makes 10s of times a game and more often than not wins the ball. Cambridge played us well.

I agree 100% with you re Woolfenden. Mistakes happen as he's a human being. But.......it's a long but as to what I could say.
Login to get fewer ads

3 wins in our last 34 live TV games. on 21:16 - Apr 14 with 901 viewsMuncher

That’s me.
3 wins in our last 34 live TV games. on 21:18 - Apr 14 with 888 viewsIllinoisblue

3 wins in our last 34 live TV games. on 21:16 - Apr 14 by Muncher

That’s me.

To clarify, you went to 26 games away and didn’t see us win, but they weren’t consecutive games?

62 - 78 - 81

3 wins in our last 34 live TV games. on 21:25 - Apr 14 with 876 viewsMuncher

3 wins in our last 34 live TV games. on 21:18 - Apr 14 by Illinoisblue

To clarify, you went to 26 games away and didn’t see us win, but they weren’t consecutive games?

I believe it’s actually 28 games, I have never seen us win an away game in 31 years as a fan. I saw us win at Wembley but that was obviously a neutral venue.

My record is so bad that no one would go with me. The closest to a victory was in 2005 at Reading I believe when we went 1-0 up in the 90th minute and conceded in the 93rd. I pretty much stopped going since then, lost at the Emirates in the league cup in 2011 and then I went to MK Dons this season as I thought it would be a good first win. Several people on here can vouch for my away record.

I might be going to Crewe.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2022 21:28]
3 wins in our last 34 live TV games. on 22:43 - Apr 14 with 794 viewsIllinoisblue

3 wins in our last 34 live TV games. on 21:25 - Apr 14 by Muncher

I believe it’s actually 28 games, I have never seen us win an away game in 31 years as a fan. I saw us win at Wembley but that was obviously a neutral venue.

My record is so bad that no one would go with me. The closest to a victory was in 2005 at Reading I believe when we went 1-0 up in the 90th minute and conceded in the 93rd. I pretty much stopped going since then, lost at the Emirates in the league cup in 2011 and then I went to MK Dons this season as I thought it would be a good first win. Several people on here can vouch for my away record.

I might be going to Crewe.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2022 21:28]

Go to Crewe and break the seal! That’s a heck of a run!

62 - 78 - 81

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024