Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Throw-ins... 23:41 - Mar 24 with 535 viewsOriginalMarkyP

We seem to take ages to throw it in these days. The refs never seem to call time-wasting on it either.

It's like throw-ins exist in another dimension of time and space where normal rules don't apply.

I don't like it when it takes too long. Still love Janoi though.

Could we please chuck 'em in a bit sooner?

That's all.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Throw-ins... on 23:46 - Mar 24 with 518 viewsXYZ

Agree. Get it in play in 10 seconds or it the opposition get the throw in.

Same for stealing yards. Lino marks the spot - go past it and it's the opposition's throw in.
Throw-ins... on 11:01 - Mar 25 with 312 viewsEwan_Oozami

I think they should implement one-armed throw-ins from from which you still couldn't be offside, but can only be done from your own half - would certainly make the game more exciting and free-flowing.....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Throw-ins... on 11:07 - Mar 25 with 300 viewsITFC_Forever

Not sure we are particularly guilty of that - ask the Cowleys.

But it is another tool in the armoury of the more sh!!thousy teams in the league.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Throw-ins... on 11:23 - Mar 25 with 267 viewstractorshark

Totally agree with this. And the refs do nothing until the final few minutes when it's easy to book a player without fear of sending him off (although Vincent-Young would probably disagree with that).
Football is in the entertainment business, it's frightening how little the ball is in play in 90 minutes when you factor in time-wasting and the dark arts.
In Germany, they use the multi-ball system and it certainly speeds things up.
It also means you don't get the situation where you have to wait for the ball boy to get up and fetch the ball.
I accept there will always be game management and when it suits your team, you turn a blind eye to it. But we all get the hump when the likes of Cheltenham were time wasting the other week so, on balance, I'd rather see it stamped out of the game.
Unfortunately it requires an edict from the rulers and then consistency from referees.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024