Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pubs, restaurants etc 16:53 - Feb 3 with 599 viewsgtsb1966

really are going to be struggling for a while aren't they. Was listening to someone on the radio in the trade saying that not only are they having to deal with food prices going up massively the energy increases will finish some off. Not just because of the energy bills for their premises but people won't be going out so much now as they struggle to pay their household bills. I hadn't thought about that. Worrying times ahead.
Pubs, restaurants etc on 17:03 - Feb 3 with 567 viewsHARRY10

Th knock on effect to that is the part time staff, often woman, who work at w/e's, busy times will see much of the work disappear and so cut their income likewise..

I know of two chaps who have dumped Sky recently. They can watch their team on streaming services, and the rest is just sh yte.

Those under 45 have never seen rising interest rates/inflation. Lets hope it is not as bad as the early 90's.
Pubs, restaurants etc on 17:03 - Feb 3 with 562 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Went for one of my occassional cafe lunches today. Had gone up about 15% since last week.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Pubs, restaurants etc on 17:06 - Feb 3 with 549 viewshype313

Pubs, restaurants etc on 17:03 - Feb 3 by HARRY10

Th knock on effect to that is the part time staff, often woman, who work at w/e's, busy times will see much of the work disappear and so cut their income likewise..

I know of two chaps who have dumped Sky recently. They can watch their team on streaming services, and the rest is just sh yte.

Those under 45 have never seen rising interest rates/inflation. Lets hope it is not as bad as the early 90's.

Could have a knock on affect within football aswell, especially when things like season tickets are paid monthly by DD, quite easily get cancelled to try and balance the monthly budget.

I fear we are about to enter some very nervy times.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Pubs, restaurants etc on 17:06 - Feb 3 with 549 viewsIllinoisblue

Pubs, restaurants etc on 17:03 - Feb 3 by HARRY10

Re your last point, yes, this is going to be new for a lot of people. And not in a good way. Inflation over here is kicking in too; I swear that every item at the supermarket has jumped in price by 20 - 30% over the last few weeks.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Pubs, restaurants etc on 17:15 - Feb 3 with 501 viewsHARRY10

Pubs, restaurants etc on 17:06 - Feb 3 by Illinoisblue

Re your last point, yes, this is going to be new for a lot of people. And not in a good way. Inflation over here is kicking in too; I swear that every item at the supermarket has jumped in price by 20 - 30% over the last few weeks.

For many, it is just going be a case of paying for the essentials.

Can you justify raking on a ST for next season if it's a PL club, similarly a Sky subscription. Much else will be put on hold.

Whilst there are jobs, a lot is the low paid/unskilled stuff that was previously carried out by immigrant labour.

Credit card rates will go up, and bankruptcies will follow. You can survive (bloody hard) if you do not have huge outgoings based on previous income.

Time for some to learn the harsh lessons of previous generations, I'm afraid.
Pubs, restaurants etc on 17:44 - Feb 3 with 465 viewsclive_baker

Yep, nice things like trips to the pub are the balancing item in a monthly budget for many people. Going to be a rough couple of years.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024