Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don't think McKenna will be delivering any Churchillian speeches 15:16 - Dec 20 with 1186 viewsMaySixth

but if he improves players on the grass, happy days

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Pert looks more like..... on 15:19 - Dec 20 with 1178 viewsBloots

....the shouty type to me.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

I don't think McKenna will be delivering any Churchillian speeches on 15:20 - Dec 20 with 1164 viewshatch

Agreed. Paint watches him dry.

But equally comes across like someone you wouldn't mess with and seems sure it what he wants to do.
I don't think McKenna will be delivering any Churchillian speeches on 15:32 - Dec 20 with 1107 viewsSomethingBlue

George Burley was extremely dull in front of a camera and that went pretty well.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I don't think McKenna will be delivering any Churchillian speeches on 15:32 - Dec 20 with 1111 viewsjayessess

never thought it was tremendously productive judging Cook or Lambert by their press conferences, same applies to McKenna

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I don't think McKenna will be delivering any Churchillian speeches on 15:41 - Dec 20 with 1071 viewsBlueBadger

I don't think McKenna will be delivering any Churchillian speeches on 15:32 - Dec 20 by jayessess

never thought it was tremendously productive judging Cook or Lambert by their press conferences, same applies to McKenna

That applies to all football managers. To a greater or lesser degree, it's just flannel.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I don't think McKenna will be delivering any Churchillian speeches on 18:22 - Dec 20 with 947 viewsMaySixth

I don't think McKenna will be delivering any Churchillian speeches on 15:32 - Dec 20 by jayessess

I tend to agree but I think the media dealings are actually a big part of the game, particularly for a new, novice manager

I don't think McKenna will be delivering any Churchillian speeches on 18:27 - Dec 20 with 926 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I don't think McKenna will be delivering any Churchillian speeches on 18:22 - Dec 20 by MaySixth

I tend to agree but I think the media dealings are actually a big part of the game, particularly for a new, novice manager

And why should media dealings require Churchillian speeches?

He sounded very polished and professional in the interview I heard from him. A million times more so than Roy Keane.

You have decided he is going to fail. Don't follow that up with then determining that anything you can find wrong with him should be amplified a billion times. We get it that you were happy with Cook but please, in that case, judge the new guy on the same expectations.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I don't think McKenna will be delivering any Churchillian speeches on 18:29 - Dec 20 with 917 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I don't think McKenna will be delivering any Churchillian speeches on 18:27 - Dec 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

He sounded very polished and professional in the interview I heard from him. A million times more so than Roy Keane.

You have decided he is going to fail. Don't follow that up with then determining that anything you can find wrong with him should be amplified a billion times. We get it that you were happy with Cook but please, in that case, judge the new guy on the same expectations.

Oh, and how many Churchillian speeches do you think the man of many voices gave? And why do you think every single one of them was so ineffective?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

I don't think McKenna will be delivering any Churchillian speeches on 19:44 - Dec 20 with 857 viewsDarth_Koont

He is certainly very, very serious about his football. But as a fan of Andy Murray that seriousness and focus makes sense. And, just like Murray, there’s enough of a glint in there when K-Mac can address other less technical areas.

The best insight I got was the shot of the directors’ box when we scored – nice, fairly private, little fist clench from him that suggests he sees the club’s success as his success even when he’s just sitting in the stand watching someone else’s team.

But let’s be honest ... until we know his favourite cheese, I’m on the fence.

Pronouns: He/Him

I don't think McKenna will be delivering any Churchillian speeches on 19:53 - Dec 20 with 836 viewsChurchman

I don't think McKenna will be delivering any Churchillian speeches on 19:44 - Dec 20 by Darth_Koont

He is certainly very, very serious about his football. But as a fan of Andy Murray that seriousness and focus makes sense. And, just like Murray, there’s enough of a glint in there when K-Mac can address other less technical areas.

The best insight I got was the shot of the directors’ box when we scored – nice, fairly private, little fist clench from him that suggests he sees the club’s success as his success even when he’s just sitting in the stand watching someone else’s team.

What is the minimum cheese acceptance level before the posse needs to be assembled to chase him out of Playford Road?.

Does Dairylea keep the restless lynch mob at bay? Is cheese with fruit in it cause for a stoning? For me, buying grated cheese in a bag is a straight red card for sure. Goat or Sheep cheese - assemble the firing squad.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 19:54]
I don't think McKenna will be delivering any Churchillian speeches on 20:03 - Dec 20 with 795 viewsDarth_Koont

I don't think McKenna will be delivering any Churchillian speeches on 19:53 - Dec 20 by Churchman

What is the minimum cheese acceptance level before the posse needs to be assembled to chase him out of Playford Road?.

Does Dairylea keep the restless lynch mob at bay? Is cheese with fruit in it cause for a stoning? For me, buying grated cheese in a bag is a straight red card for sure. Goat or Sheep cheese - assemble the firing squad.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 19:54]

Dairylea is a sackable offence. American cheese too.

I’d accept lactose intolerant over those two.

Pronouns: He/Him

I don't think McKenna will be delivering any Churchillian speeches on 20:24 - Dec 20 with 753 viewsChurchman

I don't think McKenna will be delivering any Churchillian speeches on 20:03 - Dec 20 by Darth_Koont

Dairylea is a sackable offence. American cheese too.

I’d accept lactose intolerant over those two.

Secret confession: I’ve always liked dairylea, the round packets, challenge of unwrapping it, how well it spreads or how east it is to eat…. But my excuse is that I don’t count it as cheese. Now American cheese, I totally agree with you. It is totally bland. Even their version of stilton is rubbish. If he likes that, out he goes. Cheap own brand mild cheddar is a sacking offence. It’s in there with the American rubbish.
I don't think McKenna will be delivering any Churchillian speeches on 20:28 - Dec 20 with 742 viewsjeera

I don't think McKenna will be delivering any Churchillian speeches on 20:24 - Dec 20 by Churchman

Secret confession: I’ve always liked dairylea, the round packets, challenge of unwrapping it, how well it spreads or how east it is to eat…. But my excuse is that I don’t count it as cheese. Now American cheese, I totally agree with you. It is totally bland. Even their version of stilton is rubbish. If he likes that, out he goes. Cheap own brand mild cheddar is a sacking offence. It’s in there with the American rubbish.

But surely if you must have spreadable cheese then cream cheese is the answer?

Not whateverthefeckthatotherstuffis.

It's like molten plastic.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I don't think McKenna will be delivering any Churchillian speeches on 20:34 - Dec 20 with 723 viewsclive_baker

I don't think McKenna will be delivering any Churchillian speeches on 19:44 - Dec 20 by Darth_Koont

He is now. Wait until we win the playoff final, he’ll be windmilling his dick around Wembley.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I don't think McKenna will be delivering any Churchillian speeches on 20:51 - Dec 20 with 687 viewsBluesky

No, but he is articulate and intelligent. I didn't count many of the usual clichés that adorn most manager interviews. He has a quiet strength and I think as good a chance of moulding what is effectively someone else's squad into a winning team as anyone. Let's see.
I don't think McKenna will be delivering any Churchillian speeches on 23:47 - Dec 20 with 525 viewsMaySixth

I don't think McKenna will be delivering any Churchillian speeches on 18:27 - Dec 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

Obviously, I really want McKenna to succeed.

I hope he walks into that dressing room Tuesday and garners immediate respect and, from those who don't, he wins them over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024