Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Highest ever Covid cases in UK today 16:29 - Dec 15 with 1126 viewsElderGrizzly

Omicron data starting to take hold

Hospitalisations up 10% across UK and 38% in London

Get that booster…
[Post edited 15 Dec 2021 16:33]
Highest ever Covid cases in UK today on 16:31 - Dec 15 with 1081 viewsVic

Ooof - that’s a lot!

Got my booster first thing tomorrow - not a moment too soon.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Highest ever Covid cases in UK today on 16:37 - Dec 15 with 1017 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Highest ever Covid cases in UK today on 16:31 - Dec 15 by Vic

Ooof - that’s a lot!

I am sure it goes without saying, but in case it doesn't for anyone - still take every precaution you can even once vaccinated. The full effect takes 2 weeks and we can still catch and pass it on even once vaccinated.

A figure I read today suggests that something like 65% of hospital admissions are among people who have had some level of vaccination.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Highest ever Covid cases in UK today on 16:39 - Dec 15 with 993 viewsElderGrizzly

Highest ever Covid cases in UK today on 16:37 - Dec 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am sure it goes without saying, but in case it doesn't for anyone - still take every precaution you can even once vaccinated. The full effect takes 2 weeks and we can still catch and pass it on even once vaccinated.

A figure I read today suggests that something like 65% of hospital admissions are among people who have had some level of vaccination.

Most of the country has been vaccinated, so hospitalisations will always see a higher proportion of vaccinated now.
Highest ever Covid cases in UK today on 16:44 - Dec 15 with 963 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Highest ever Covid cases in UK today on 16:39 - Dec 15 by ElderGrizzly

Most of the country has been vaccinated, so hospitalisations will always see a higher proportion of vaccinated now.

Not necessarily. If the virus was ONLY hitting the unvaccinated. it wouldn't.

My point is that the vaccine (whilst providing a high level of protection) does not make us impregnable and we must take responsibility to stay safe even once vaccinated.

Of course, proportionally the unvaccinated are in there in much greater numbers. Far lower than 35% of the population in those demographics are unvaccinated, I am sure.

Highest ever Covid cases in UK today on 16:52 - Dec 15 with 902 viewsElderGrizzly

Highest ever Covid cases in UK today on 16:44 - Dec 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not necessarily. If the virus was ONLY hitting the unvaccinated. it wouldn't.

My point is that the vaccine (whilst providing a high level of protection) does not make us impregnable and we must take responsibility to stay safe even once vaccinated.

Of course, proportionally the unvaccinated are in there in much greater numbers. Far lower than 35% of the population in those demographics are unvaccinated, I am sure.

I meant, we are likely to see higher actual numbers who are vaccinated.

The “look there are vaccinated people in hospital” is the go-to anti-vax line
Highest ever Covid cases in UK today on 16:57 - Dec 15 with 873 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Highest ever Covid cases in UK today on 16:52 - Dec 15 by ElderGrizzly

I meant, we are likely to see higher actual numbers who are vaccinated.

The “look there are vaccinated people in hospital” is the go-to anti-vax line

I realise that and I thought I was being very clear to state that is not the way I am using it at all. You and I are both clever enough to realise how much worse the figures would be without the levels of vaccination that we do have. I hope most others reading are too.

We must not shy away from stating facts simply because anti-vaxxers will misuse those facts.

Highest ever Covid cases in UK today on 17:00 - Dec 15 with 848 viewsElderGrizzly

Highest ever Covid cases in UK today on 16:57 - Dec 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

I realise that and I thought I was being very clear to state that is not the way I am using it at all. You and I are both clever enough to realise how much worse the figures would be without the levels of vaccination that we do have. I hope most others reading are too.

We must not shy away from stating facts simply because anti-vaxxers will misuse those facts.

Sorry, yes not in any way implying you are a mouth breather
Highest ever Covid cases in UK today on 17:02 - Dec 15 with 827 viewsTractorWood

Wow. Lockdown incoming?

Avoiding London and the North West appears a good prevention strategy too!

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Highest ever Covid cases in UK today on 17:04 - Dec 15 with 802 viewsBlueBadger

Highest ever Covid cases in UK today on 17:02 - Dec 15 by TractorWood

Wow. Lockdown incoming?

Avoiding London and the North West appears a good prevention strategy too!

It's a good strategy for life in general....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Highest ever Covid cases in UK today on 17:25 - Dec 15 with 733 viewsThisIsMyUsername

It's going to go on forever, isn't it? A new variant every 3 or 4 months, requiring new restrictions yet again, until enough people forget that life ever used to be different and it's just how we 'live' now.

I've given up believing that it's going to stop one day.

Does anyone still think otherwise for any reason?

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Highest ever Covid cases in UK today on 17:40 - Dec 15 with 682 viewsGlasgowBlue

30% of Londoners not vaccinated. The fools.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Highest ever Covid cases in UK today on 17:45 - Dec 15 with 666 viewsChurchman

Highest ever Covid cases in UK today on 16:31 - Dec 15 by Vic

Ooof - that’s a lot!

Good to hear it, mate
Highest ever Covid cases in UK today on 17:47 - Dec 15 with 664 viewsGlasgowBlue

30% of Londoners not vaccinated. The fools.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Highest ever Covid cases in UK today on 18:11 - Dec 15 with 569 viewsTractorWood

Highest ever Covid cases in UK today on 17:25 - Dec 15 by ThisIsMyUsername

It's going to go on forever, isn't it? A new variant every 3 or 4 months, requiring new restrictions yet again, until enough people forget that life ever used to be different and it's just how we 'live' now.

I've given up believing that it's going to stop one day.

Does anyone still think otherwise for any reason?

I think it will just continue to ebb and flow with winter and variants.

Get your vaccine, boosters and wear a mask when it's bad or travelling in small spaces. Not sure we can do much else tbh. Probably have to spend a few days on the couch every year or so with it but what can you do.

I've not had anything cancelled recently that I genuinely wanted to be at, maybe that's me being introverted though!

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Highest ever Covid cases in UK today on 18:14 - Dec 15 with 545 viewsnodge_blue

I read that 30% of people in London are unvaccinated. Never mind a booster. So that's one in three who can't get to any decent level of immunisation this winter.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Highest ever Covid cases in UK today on 18:19 - Dec 15 with 521 viewsfactual_blue

Highest ever Covid cases in UK today on 18:14 - Dec 15 by nodge_blue

I read that 30% of people in London are unvaccinated. Never mind a booster. So that's one in three who can't get to any decent level of immunisation this winter.

Not bad, seeing as The Official Level Of Stupidity In The UK is 52%.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024