Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morsy, “Get the enthusiasm back”comment 09:04 - Dec 7 with 1313 viewsearlsgreenblue

I’ve been thinking about this comment & don’t think it’s been spoken about on here enough, just exactly how & why apparently the enthusiasm has gone?
Pressure on PC from the top, & in turn filtered down.
I always thought PC’s enthusiasm shone through, ok, so I’m not at training etc, but that’s my perception right or wrong?
Morsy, “Get the enthusiasm back”comment on 09:10 - Dec 7 with 1229 viewshype313

I wonder if a number of players have been frustrated/confused with the formation and the changes week in week out, add in the fact that no one seems to know where to fit Harper in the side and Fraser has said himself he is an 8 and we don't operate a formation with that position, so you can start to see why there was some head scratching going on which leads to a little apathy.

I could, and probably be way off in that analysis though....

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Morsy, “Get the enthusiasm back”comment on 10:24 - Dec 7 with 1029 viewsRadioOrwell

Those results would drain the enthusiasm of anyone.
Morsy, “Get the enthusiasm back”comment on 10:42 - Dec 7 with 952 viewsJ2BLUE

It was very odd seeing that headline next to the one about them being shocked and sad.

For Morsy who is widely seen as Cook's man to say that...it's pretty odd. Not going to analyse it to death but I do think it's strange.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Morsy, “Get the enthusiasm back”comment on 10:47 - Dec 7 with 911 viewsRadlett_blue

Morsy, “Get the enthusiasm back”comment on 10:24 - Dec 7 by RadioOrwell

Those results would drain the enthusiasm of anyone.

Indeed - what comes first - "Team spirit" or a football team actually winning a few matches.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Morsy, “Get the enthusiasm back”comment on 11:03 - Dec 7 with 852 viewsDavoIPB

Definitely just because of results. The players in first half of Crewe game put loads of effort in, especially Aluko and Chaplin. But you could see the frustrations building as it wasn't working.

Think Morsy might go which I think would be shame as he is a good winner of the ball and does have good distribution. Annoyingly seems to persistently foul people and looks like getting booked every game but at least he does mix it up a bit.
Morsy, “Get the enthusiasm back”comment on 11:05 - Dec 7 with 840 viewschrismakin

I said similar yesterday someone said he was just using mcgreals words.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Morsy, “Get the enthusiasm back”comment on 11:11 - Dec 7 with 797 viewsChurchman

Morsy, “Get the enthusiasm back”comment on 11:03 - Dec 7 by DavoIPB

Definitely just because of results. The players in first half of Crewe game put loads of effort in, especially Aluko and Chaplin. But you could see the frustrations building as it wasn't working.

Think Morsy might go which I think would be shame as he is a good winner of the ball and does have good distribution. Annoyingly seems to persistently foul people and looks like getting booked every game but at least he does mix it up a bit.

I don’t know. Maybe the mix of characters isn’t right. Too many players? Wrong players? Full backs? No real leaders? It’s all fun speculation because we just don’t know.

Regardless, any player that wants to go should be let go. A team with one or two players who think they are better than the rest; bigger than the club is a recipe for disharmony and major problems. Hopefully that isn’t the case.
Morsy, “Get the enthusiasm back”comment on 13:13 - Dec 7 with 630 viewsitfcserbia

I think if your manager asked you to do the same stuff again and again and again with no apparent results you would lose the enthusiasm as well.

That being said, Morsy does come out with some quite weird quotes like that after Accrington. Not impressed by his interviews at all.

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

Login to get fewer ads

Morsy, “Get the enthusiasm back”comment on 13:33 - Dec 7 with 560 viewsbroncos77

Morsy, “Get the enthusiasm back”comment on 13:13 - Dec 7 by itfcserbia

I think if your manager asked you to do the same stuff again and again and again with no apparent results you would lose the enthusiasm as well.

That being said, Morsy does come out with some quite weird quotes like that after Accrington. Not impressed by his interviews at all.

IMHO: Morsy was Cook's biggest mistake, especially to make him captain
He shows no leadership qualities - listening to him would you find him an inspiration?
I can think of no other club captain who is a 'midfield enforcer' with the right miserly attitude to go with it

So Mcgreal's (or next) biggest challenges are whether he has the balls to 'sideline' Morsy - and Celina - decide which of Bonne/Pigott he wants for this season and let the other go, and form a Team around the spine of Edmundson, Fraser and Bonne/Pigott; oh and revert to 3-5-2 which suits the players we have now, and include some of the Ipswich based like Holy, Woolf, KVY, El Miz and Norwood . - QED!
Morsy, “Get the enthusiasm back”comment on 13:37 - Dec 7 with 544 viewsBonneNIL

I think he's talking about his and others' own dire attitude and lifeless performances on the pitch.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Morsy, “Get the enthusiasm back”comment on 13:46 - Dec 7 with 523 viewsjeera

Stood out a mile didn't it.

After 20 games the players had lost their enthusiasm? What?

Thought exactly the same thing.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024