Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The impact of Covid on children 09:38 - Nov 16 with 2403 viewsElderGrizzly

1,000 a month hospitalised.

Of course, if you listen to the Government across the summer, kids aren't affected...

The impact of Covid on children on 10:34 - Nov 16 with 1672 viewsStokieBlue

Digger will be along in a minute to say you're wrong and to make a plea that people don't get their kids vaccinated.

There was also a study out of the US showing that children were far more likely to get myocarditis from contracting covid than having the vaccine (this is the main anti-vax line) and that there had been zero deaths in children from the vaccine.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

The impact of Covid on children on 10:42 - Nov 16 with 1635 viewsEly_Blue

The impact of Covid on children on 10:34 - Nov 16 by StokieBlue

Digger will be along in a minute to say you're wrong and to make a plea that people don't get their kids vaccinated.

There was also a study out of the US showing that children were far more likely to get myocarditis from contracting covid than having the vaccine (this is the main anti-vax line) and that there had been zero deaths in children from the vaccine.

SB

It doesn’t help when the anti vax lot are handing leaflets out at the school gates.

Ely jr is 17 and his mum had huge rolling battles with him to go and get his vax, his argument was he wanted to wait until he was 18 (I think because then he would say “it’s my choice now you can’t make me have it”)

He finally got around to getting jabbed last weekend (I should add he had covid at the end of July so will have some sort of immunity)

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

The impact of Covid on children on 10:50 - Nov 16 with 1620 viewsGlasgowBlue

I stand to be corrected on this but wasn't it the JCVI who were pushing back against vaccinating children, and the government on the advice of Chris Whitty who said they would over rule their decision as they wanted kids vaccinated?

I believe there was a thread on this at the time.

edit.

Here we are:

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs by Digger77 3 Sep 2021 17:05
Glad I won't have to take up that fight with the school now!

JVCI “ The margin of benefit, based primarily on a health perspective, is considered too small to support advice on a universal programme of vaccination of otherwise healthy 12 to 15-year-old children at this time.”

The Health ministers of all 4 home nation governments were pushing kids to be vaccinated.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2021 10:54]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The impact of Covid on children on 10:52 - Nov 16 with 1608 viewsZXBlue

The impact of Covid on children on 10:42 - Nov 16 by Ely_Blue

It doesn’t help when the anti vax lot are handing leaflets out at the school gates.

Ely jr is 17 and his mum had huge rolling battles with him to go and get his vax, his argument was he wanted to wait until he was 18 (I think because then he would say “it’s my choice now you can’t make me have it”)

He finally got around to getting jabbed last weekend (I should add he had covid at the end of July so will have some sort of immunity)

Unfortunately the rollout of vaccines is now poor. Its not just low uptake it's failure of provision. My son is still waiting for his. They finally got to his school two weeks ago but ran out with 2/3 of pupils still unvaccinated. No news on the next visit...
The impact of Covid on children on 11:24 - Nov 16 with 1536 viewsStokieBlue

The impact of Covid on children on 10:50 - Nov 16 by GlasgowBlue

I stand to be corrected on this but wasn't it the JCVI who were pushing back against vaccinating children, and the government on the advice of Chris Whitty who said they would over rule their decision as they wanted kids vaccinated?

I believe there was a thread on this at the time.

edit.

Here we are:

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs by Digger77 3 Sep 2021 17:05
Glad I won't have to take up that fight with the school now!

JVCI “ The margin of benefit, based primarily on a health perspective, is considered too small to support advice on a universal programme of vaccination of otherwise healthy 12 to 15-year-old children at this time.”

The Health ministers of all 4 home nation governments were pushing kids to be vaccinated.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2021 10:54]

Is that relevant though? The general opinion on the science has moved on. This article actually outlines the current state of play pretty well:

https://time.com/6113220/why-kids-should-get-covid-19-vaccine/

The basic message is that children are simply not supposed to die yet 650 have died in the US thus far from C19 and these deaths can pretty much be prevented. At the moment C19 is the 6th largest cause of childhood mortality in the US.

We can absolutely minimise the chance of children dying, in my opinion we should do that. Many people seem to disagree and that's up to them.

The possible main side-effect that anti-vaxxers point to with regards to vaccinations has now been shown to be a far higher risk if a child actually gets covid.

SB

The impact of Covid on children on 11:34 - Nov 16 with 1510 viewsIllinoisblue

The impact of Covid on children on 11:24 - Nov 16 by StokieBlue

Is that relevant though? The general opinion on the science has moved on. This article actually outlines the current state of play pretty well:

The basic message is that children are simply not supposed to die yet 650 have died in the US thus far from C19 and these deaths can pretty much be prevented. At the moment C19 is the 6th largest cause of childhood mortality in the US.

We can absolutely minimise the chance of children dying, in my opinion we should do that. Many people seem to disagree and that's up to them.

The possible main side-effect that anti-vaxxers point to with regards to vaccinations has now been shown to be a far higher risk if a child actually gets covid.

SB

My 11-year-old son is getting his first jab later today. The school district have done a nice job of organizing it all. Not mandatory but pleased to see all available appointment slots very quickly filled up. And the plan is, to ease out the current mandatory wearing of masks in schools by early January .

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The impact of Covid on children on 11:41 - Nov 16 with 1487 viewsGlasgowBlue

SB

It's relevant because the author of the article in EG's op was highlighting the failings of the JCVI at the time and was linked in the thread that I linked

The article that EG liked in his op has the header: How the UK sleepwalked into another Covid disaster, and opened with a critique of the UK not vaccinating children in the summer whilst other countries were doing so.

You're normally a stickler for facts. I was correcting EG who wrote "Of course, if you listen to the Government across the summer, kids aren't affected" , when in fact it was the JCVI who were pushing this narrative, and the governments of UK, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland who were threatening to over rule them.

So yeah, all relevant.

Iron Lion Zion

The impact of Covid on children on 11:46 - Nov 16 with 1458 viewsfactual_blue

Does boris ever imagine he's a parent? If so, to how many children?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

The impact of Covid on children on 11:48 - Nov 16 with 1455 viewsDigger77

The impact of Covid on children on 11:41 - Nov 16 by GlasgowBlue

It's relevant because the author of the article in EG's op was highlighting the failings of the JCVI at the time and was linked in the thread that I linked

The article that EG liked in his op has the header: How the UK sleepwalked into another Covid disaster, and opened with a critique of the UK not vaccinating children in the summer whilst other countries were doing so.

You're normally a stickler for facts. I was correcting EG who wrote "Of course, if you listen to the Government across the summer, kids aren't affected" , when in fact it was the JCVI who were pushing this narrative, and the governments of UK, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland who were threatening to over rule them.

So yeah, all relevant.

Follow the science, except don't follow the science.
The impact of Covid on children on 11:55 - Nov 16 with 1430 viewsStokieBlue

So yeah, all relevant.

Fair enough, I unfortunately can't click on Twitter articles at the moment so that context was lost on me. It's not right to criticise that decision based on new data, although at the time many countries interpreted the data differently to the JCVI which is a separate debate.

I think the rest of my reply is fine though, opinions on this have moved on and thus we should be vaccinating children.

SB

The impact of Covid on children on 12:35 - Nov 16 with 1336 viewsGlasgowBlue

The impact of Covid on children on 11:55 - Nov 16 by StokieBlue

Fair enough, I unfortunately can't click on Twitter articles at the moment so that context was lost on me. It's not right to criticise that decision based on new data, although at the time many countries interpreted the data differently to the JCVI which is a separate debate.

I think the rest of my reply is fine though, opinions on this have moved on and thus we should be vaccinating children.

SB

We should do. Mine was one of the first in her school to be vaccinated. The benefit of her surname beginning with an 'A'.

Her class had a very poor uptake rate.

Iron Lion Zion

The impact of Covid on children on 12:38 - Nov 16 with 1331 viewsfactual_blue

SB

Presumably digger wants others to spurn vaccinating their children to validate his own view on the matter. if he doesn't want to have his children vaccinated, that's his funeral.

And possibly theirs as well.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2021 12:38]

The impact of Covid on children on 12:48 - Nov 16 with 1288 viewsCotty

The impact of Covid on children on 12:38 - Nov 16 by factual_blue

Presumably digger wants others to spurn vaccinating their children to validate his own view on the matter. if he doesn't want to have his children vaccinated, that's his funeral.

It's interesting how quickly "Don't tell me what to do, I thought it was a free country" (it is, nobody is forced to have vaccine) turns into "Don't vaccinate your children".
[Post edited 16 Nov 2021 13:00]
The impact of Covid on children on 12:55 - Nov 16 with 1257 viewsElderGrizzly

So yeah, all relevant.

Yet, the Government have overruled JCVI when it suits them.

And it was the Govt decision to abandon all measures in schools on their return in September, on the basis that schools were not a vector of infection, when in fact they are the MAIN vector outside of healthcare.

Experts are only useful when they say the thing this Govt want. It was in fact politically helpful for JCVI to say it wasn't recommending it.

And if you read the entire study by JCVI from the summer and the analysis of it, the narrowness of their remit meant they could come to no other conclusion. Handy eh?

And as you'll see, there are still those in the profession questioning how they came to their conclusion and data normally freely available is still hidden

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2718
[Post edited 16 Nov 2021 12:58]
The impact of Covid on children on 12:55 - Nov 16 with 1255 viewsfactual_blue

The impact of Covid on children on 12:48 - Nov 16 by Cotty

It's interesting how quickly "Don't tell me what to do, I thought it was a free country" (it is, nobody is forced to have vaccine) turns into "Don't vaccinate your children".
[Post edited 16 Nov 2021 13:00]

I wonder how aware parents of that sort are of 'Gillick Competence'?

The impact of Covid on children on 12:56 - Nov 16 with 1251 viewsBlueBadger

The impact of Covid on children on 11:48 - Nov 16 by Digger77

Follow the science, except don't follow the science.

Had your jabs yet, PTA?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The impact of Covid on children on 13:01 - Nov 16 with 1195 viewsBlueBadger

So yeah, all relevant.

Oh Glassers, look who's agreeing with you.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

The impact of Covid on children on 13:26 - Nov 16 with 1137 viewsIllinoisblue

The impact of Covid on children on 11:46 - Nov 16 by factual_blue

Does boris ever imagine he's a parent? If so, to how many children?

Can you imagine if the UK had a female PM who publicly couldn’t or wouldn’t say how many children she had?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The impact of Covid on children on 13:53 - Nov 16 with 1089 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

SB

I remember back at the start of this when I was saying there was a lot about what we were being told about Covid not making sense that many in the know posters were parrotting the 'kids aren't affected' narrative we were being fed!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

The impact of Covid on children on 13:55 - Nov 16 with 1077 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

SB

If only people didn't argue with such force based on the science at any particular moment!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

The impact of Covid on children on 13:58 - Nov 16 with 1060 viewsXYZ

The impact of Covid on children on 13:53 - Nov 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

I remember back at the start of this when I was saying there was a lot about what we were being told about Covid not making sense that many in the know posters were parrotting the 'kids aren't affected' narrative we were being fed!

Only just last week the Daily Telegraph was effectively claiming that the death of a kid with asthma mattered less than the death of one without.

Eugenicists are in decision making positions in the UK. (Johnson believes the Telegraph is his "boss").
The impact of Covid on children on 15:15 - Nov 16 with 915 viewsBlueBadger

The impact of Covid on children on 12:55 - Nov 16 by factual_blue

I wonder how aware parents of that sort are of 'Gillick Competence'?

In my experience, the answer is 'not very many'.

The impact of Covid on children on 15:17 - Nov 16 with 897 viewsDigger77

The impact of Covid on children on 12:38 - Nov 16 by factual_blue

With the median age of death with covid at 83, I'll take the risk thanks.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2021 15:18]
The impact of Covid on children on 15:33 - Nov 16 with 854 viewshype313

The impact of Covid on children on 15:17 - Nov 16 by Digger77

But you have previously stated you are double jabbed?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The impact of Covid on children on 15:35 - Nov 16 with 836 viewsBlueBadger

The impact of Covid on children on 15:17 - Nov 16 by Digger77

I'm sure that'll be a great comfort to people who've lot parents and grandparents.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024