Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Omid Djalili on why he's fallen in love with Suffolk 20:05 - Aug 27 with 2150 viewsSitfcB

Some more nice words on ITFC as well.

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2021-08-27/comedian-omid-djalili-on-why-hes-fall

I love that someone from elsewhere is loving Suffolk and loving living in Ipswich.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Omid Djalili on why he's fallen in love with Suffolk on 20:08 - Aug 27 with 2106 viewsJ2BLUE

It's great we've attracted him as a fan. Suffolk is great. I love Ipswich as well. Sue me.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Omid Djalili on why he's fallen in love with Suffolk on 20:22 - Aug 27 with 2051 viewsdominiciawful

As somebody not from Ipswich (or Suffolk, though close enough), what are the good things* about Ipswich and living there? Not that I'm suggesting it isn't a good place, just wondering in case I ever work or live in/near the town.

*Good things apart from Ipswich Town and Portman Road.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Omid Djalili on why he's fallen in love with Suffolk on 08:10 - Aug 28 with 1512 viewsArnieM

Omid Djalili on why he's fallen in love with Suffolk on 20:22 - Aug 27 by dominiciawful

As somebody not from Ipswich (or Suffolk, though close enough), what are the good things* about Ipswich and living there? Not that I'm suggesting it isn't a good place, just wondering in case I ever work or live in/near the town.

*Good things apart from Ipswich Town and Portman Road.

Relatively safe and low crime rates
Generally an easier pace of living
More green space / parks etc per head of population than many other towns.
Living in the town you can be “ in” beautiful countryside within 10mins.
Ditto above, access to beautiful coastline (which Londoners flock too!)
Town is small enough to make you feel part of a community ( unlike a sprawling conurbation)
Decent dinning out in town
Has further education (University)
Living in this town you are less than 1hr travel to London city for work , yet have countryside, coastline and slower paced living on your doorstep

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Omid Djalili on why he's fallen in love with Suffolk on 08:22 - Aug 28 with 1477 viewstextbackup

The Ipswich show will be quality, loads of local jokes and remarks I reckon

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Omid Djalili on why he's fallen in love with Suffolk on 09:47 - Aug 28 with 1279 viewsHerbivore

Omid Djalili on why he's fallen in love with Suffolk on 20:08 - Aug 27 by J2BLUE

It's great we've attracted him as a fan. Suffolk is great. I love Ipswich as well. Sue me.

Have you ever been anywhere else?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Omid Djalili on why he's fallen in love with Suffolk on 10:26 - Aug 28 with 1190 viewsTractorWood

I've been a fan of his ever since the Mummy.

He's been in some pretty big and good films (and sex and the city 2).

Suffolk is decent. I'd definitely recommend the Stour Valley Path to anyone. Especially from Nayland onwards. Absolutely beautiful.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Omid Djalili on why he's fallen in love with Suffolk on 11:13 - Aug 28 with 1111 viewsDarkHorse

Omid Djalili on why he's fallen in love with Suffolk on 09:47 - Aug 28 by Herbivore

Omid Djalili on why he's fallen in love with Suffolk on 12:36 - Aug 28 with 968 viewsJ2BLUE

Omid Djalili on why he's fallen in love with Suffolk on 09:47 - Aug 28 by Herbivore

Yes. I like other places as well.

Typical sort of response i'd expect from you.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Omid Djalili on why he's fallen in love with Suffolk on 13:36 - Aug 28 with 890 viewsElephantintheRoom

Omid Djalili on why he's fallen in love with Suffolk on 08:10 - Aug 28 by ArnieM

Relatively safe and low crime rates
Generally an easier pace of living
More green space / parks etc per head of population than many other towns.
Living in the town you can be “ in” beautiful countryside within 10mins.
Ditto above, access to beautiful coastline (which Londoners flock too!)
Town is small enough to make you feel part of a community ( unlike a sprawling conurbation)
Decent dinning out in town
Has further education (University)
Living in this town you are less than 1hr travel to London city for work , yet have countryside, coastline and slower paced living on your doorstep

Good things about ipswich? Hmm- not many - its pretty bleak compared to Norwich and Cambridge, but perhaps nicer than Luton - and the lack of airport will see it drop further down East Anglia's pecking order in future.

Having the same river with two different names is quite unusual I suppose. It's small and relatively pleasant in places with better eateries than in former times. But the truth is that Ipswich has been on a downward spiral for a while on and off the pitch.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Omid Djalili on why he's fallen in love with Suffolk on 16:06 - Aug 28 with 749 viewsHerbivore

Omid Djalili on why he's fallen in love with Suffolk on 12:36 - Aug 28 by J2BLUE

Yes. I like other places as well.

Typical sort of response i'd expect from you.

Bore off, Corrigan.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024