Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town looking to bounce back 19:33 - Aug 25 with 1490 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jewell Looking for Town to Bounce Back in Front of Cameras 19th Aug 2011 16:27
Town boss Paul Jewell is looking for his side to bounce back to form when they visit Peterborough United for this season’s first live TV game on Saturday evening (Sky Sports Two 5pm, KO 5.20pm). Despite their poor home performances, the Blues’ only away trip so far this campaign yielded a 3-0 opening day win at Bristol City. 77

That didn't really go to plan. Was that our worst ever performance?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Town looking to bounce back on 19:49 - Aug 25 with 1413 viewsgordon

Some names that I'd tried hard to erase from my memory in that squad: Stockdale, Lee-Barrett, Edwards, Cresswell, Whight, Delaney, Smith, Ainsley, Kennedy, Leadbitter, Bowyer, Andrews, Emmanuel-Thomas, Martin, Carson, Healy, Drury, Chopra, Scotland, Ellington, Priskin.
Town looking to bounce back on 19:56 - Aug 25 with 1379 viewsMerseyBlue

Town looking to bounce back on 19:49 - Aug 25 by gordon

Some names that I'd tried hard to erase from my memory in that squad: Stockdale, Lee-Barrett, Edwards, Cresswell, Whight, Delaney, Smith, Ainsley, Kennedy, Leadbitter, Bowyer, Andrews, Emmanuel-Thomas, Martin, Carson, Healy, Drury, Chopra, Scotland, Ellington, Priskin.

Why would you want to erase Cresswell?

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Town looking to bounce back on 19:59 - Aug 25 with 1360 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Top 5 the worst ones. Too many of them.
Town looking to bounce back on 20:04 - Aug 25 with 1353 viewsgordon

Town looking to bounce back on 19:56 - Aug 25 by MerseyBlue

Misunderstanding - that was the whole matchday squad that day, of which quite a lot I'd want to forget, but not Cresswell who stands out like a sore thumb in that lot! Carlos Edwards was pretty reliable as well.
Town looking to bounce back on 20:06 - Aug 25 with 1339 viewsSitfcB

Town looking to bounce back on 19:56 - Aug 25 by MerseyBlue

Some names out of that squad.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Town looking to bounce back on 20:11 - Aug 25 with 1313 viewsMerseyBlue

Town looking to bounce back on 20:04 - Aug 25 by gordon

Misunderstanding - that was the whole matchday squad that day, of which quite a lot I'd want to forget, but not Cresswell who stands out like a sore thumb in that lot! Carlos Edwards was pretty reliable as well.

I see! Yeah those are about the only two that I have any real fondness for, such a diabolical squad.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Town looking to bounce back on 20:16 - Aug 25 with 1266 viewsrgp1

Town looking to bounce back on 20:06 - Aug 25 by SitfcB

Some names out of that squad.

And unfortunately light years ahead of probably what we have now. There is a dangerous assumption that what we have now is better than what we had last season based on very little.
Town looking to bounce back on 20:22 - Aug 25 with 1238 viewsBlueBadger

In sheer terms of what it meant, I'm going to go with Bolton away in '02 as our worst ever performance. It was a must-win against a side that we should have been more than capable of beating, managed by the utterly objectionable Allardyce and we still haven't turned up for it.

Or recovered from it.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 22:55]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Town looking to bounce back on 20:22 - Aug 25 with 1223 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Any ideas when we might hit the ground so that this bounce might finally happen?

At least, when the fall is so prolonged, the bounce should be fairly high shouldn't it? Please.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Town looking to bounce back on 20:23 - Aug 25 with 1225 viewsBlueBadger

Town looking to bounce back on 20:04 - Aug 25 by gordon

Yep, you could rely on Carlos to cross to the first man or behind the line every time...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Town looking to bounce back on 20:27 - Aug 25 with 1201 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Town looking to bounce back on 20:22 - Aug 25 by BlueBadger

In sheer terms of what it meant, I'm going to go with Bolton away in '02 as our worst ever performance. It was a must-win against a side that we should have been more than capable of beating, managed by the utterly objectionable Allardyce and we still haven't turned up for it.

Or recovered from it.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 22:55]

Far too many haven't there?

The worst match I can recall was Stockport home on a wet and cold Tuesday night with Megson managing them.

Grimsby away to finish Burley was bad. That was a cold wet night in Grimsby as well.

But, yes that performance was the worst I can recall. The match was over after 30 minutes. As you say, we never turned up at all.

Town looking to bounce back on 20:28 - Aug 25 with 1187 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Town looking to bounce back on 20:23 - Aug 25 by BlueBadger

Yep, you could rely on Carlos to cross to the first man or behind the line every time...

For a full back he was an OK winger. Or as a winger he could just about play full back.

Did we have him and Jaime Peters as our full back options for some time?

Town looking to bounce back on 20:31 - Aug 25 with 1176 viewsrgp1

Town looking to bounce back on 20:27 - Aug 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

The worst match I can recall was Stockport home on a wet and cold Tuesday night with Megson managing them.

Grimsby away to finish Burley was bad. That was a cold wet night in Grimsby as well.

But, yes that performance was the worst I can recall. The match was over after 30 minutes. As you say, we never turned up at all.

If I'm right in thinking didn't Andrew's give us the lead in that game? I remember walking out for a smoke at 6-1!
Town looking to bounce back on 20:40 - Aug 25 with 1152 viewsWicklowBlue

Oh god why are you doing this to me! Remember watching this Tomlin tore us apart, then Lee Martin had his brain fart. The ultimate indignity was Tommy coming on and lasting about 30 seconds.

TWTDs unfortunately....clueless
Town looking to bounce back on 20:52 - Aug 25 with 1103 viewsmutters

Town looking to bounce back on 20:27 - Aug 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

That Stockport game was terrible. I was sat there with my older sister, freezing cold, having a mug of homemade soup (highlight of the game!) looking around the near-empty stadium thinking what are we doing?!?! We must be mad.

Luckily it was either the nadir or close to it and Burley started to turn things around.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Town looking to bounce back on 20:56 - Aug 25 with 1082 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Town looking to bounce back on 20:31 - Aug 25 by rgp1

If I'm right in thinking didn't Andrew's give us the lead in that game? I remember walking out for a smoke at 6-1!

Unsure what game you are referring to.

We lost 0-2 to Stockport.

We lost to a Kabba hat trick at Grimsby and Andrews certainly didn't play for us under Burley.

EDIT: Just realised you were talking about the OP Peterborough game.

I also see Taylor scored 2 of their first 3.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 21:04]

Town looking to bounce back on 21:06 - Aug 25 with 1040 viewsBlueschev

I got engaged that night. When I left the hotel bar full of nerves we were 1 up!
Town looking to bounce back on 21:37 - Aug 25 with 967 viewsrgp1

Town looking to bounce back on 20:56 - Aug 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

Unsure what game you are referring to.

We lost 0-2 to Stockport.

We lost to a Kabba hat trick at Grimsby and Andrews certainly didn't play for us under Burley.

EDIT: Just realised you were talking about the OP Peterborough game.

I also see Taylor scored 2 of their first 3.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 21:04]

Although I didn't like him as our manager I actually felt a bit sorry for Jewell as he signed some half decent players but always appeared to be tactically clueless.
Town looking to bounce back on 21:39 - Aug 25 with 964 viewsLord_Lucan

Town looking to bounce back on 19:49 - Aug 25 by gordon

I used to get so annoyed with the criticism of Delaney.

He proved his worth when he left and I will never forget when he broke down in tears in the Wembley tunnel after Palace play off win.

Nice bloke and terribly abused by idiots.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Town looking to bounce back on 09:53 - Aug 26 with 661 viewsBlueBadger

Town looking to bounce back on 21:37 - Aug 25 by rgp1

Although I didn't like him as our manager I actually felt a bit sorry for Jewell as he signed some half decent players but always appeared to be tactically clueless.

In the harsh light of hindsight, the only ones of Jewell's signings who look decent now is Chambers, Cresswell and Murphy. All the rest were either quick fixes that were neither quick or fixed anything(Ellington, Ingimarsson), utterly pointless(Stevenson, Wright) or big-time charlies who flattered to deceive at best and were mostly openly disruptive(Bullard, Chopra, Reo-Coker).
[Post edited 26 Aug 2021 9:58]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024