Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... 08:51 - Aug 4 with 13804 viewsitfcjoe

....as can't see any new signings being any more than a bench option.

Sounds as though Fraser and Edmundson won't be fit, and would presume Chaplin not ready to start.

Does leave us a bit thin as really it will be 10 outfield players from 12 starting

KVY, Donacien
Woolf, Nsiala
Penney
Evans, Harper
Dobra, Burns
Bonne, Norwood, Pigott

Will have to be 442 with one of Bonne or Norwood joining Donacien on the bench

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 08:58 - Aug 4 with 4675 viewsdavblue

it's got a frustrating afternoon written all over it.

Morecombe will be the pin, us the balloon.
Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 08:58 - Aug 4 with 4670 viewspointofblue

Obviously there's still a month of the transfer window but going into first day so light is not good. Just having a couple more in to pad out the bench would be a plus.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 08:59 - Aug 4 with 4660 viewsSitfcB

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 08:58 - Aug 4 by davblue

5-0 win

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:00 - Aug 4 with 4629 viewschicoazul

It’s mad when you put it like that. The squad is so thin still!
Is Nolan available yet?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:00 - Aug 4 with 4624 viewsitfcjoe

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 08:58 - Aug 4 by davblue

Morecambe's manager left them so they have a new manager and approx 10 signings - plus a few loans returned - so not exactly a settled squad coming up

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:00 - Aug 4 with 4616 viewsBseaBlue

We have done some excellent business this summer but it is far from ideal needing 4,5 or 6 players at this stage! My worry is that they will need time to gel and due to last season, I'm not sure Cook will get the patience needed if things start slowly.
Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:01 - Aug 4 with 4616 viewsitfcsuth

Personally;

Hladky
KVY - Nsiala - Woolfenden - Penney
Burns - Harper - Evans - Dobra
Pigott - Bonne

Subs: Holy, Donacien, Chaplin, Humprheys, Norwood, Ndaba, Jackson

*I'm not sure current status on Nolan & El Mizouni

I have to say, the starting XI looks strong, but the squad looks thin.
Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:02 - Aug 4 with 4598 viewsitfcjoe

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:00 - Aug 4 by chicoazul

It’s mad when you put it like that. The squad is so thin still!
Is Nolan available yet?

I saw him walk across Playford Road in training kit so looks like he is 'back on the grass' so to speak......but not a minute in pre season so doubt he's available.

We have an U23s game tonight v Chelmsford - I wonder if any seniors use it as an opportunity to get minutes, I doubt it though.

Login to get fewer ads

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:04 - Aug 4 with 4561 viewsgordon

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:01 - Aug 4 by itfcsuth

Personally;

Hladky
Pigott - Bonne

Aren't we better off putting Downes or McGavin on the bench? What happens if Evans goes off injured after 15 mins?
Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:04 - Aug 4 with 4535 viewschicoazul

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:02 - Aug 4 by itfcjoe

I saw him walk across Playford Road in training kit so looks like he is 'back on the grass' so to speak......but not a minute in pre season so doubt he's available.

We have an U23s game tonight v Chelmsford - I wonder if any seniors use it as an opportunity to get minutes, I doubt it though.

Is he bomb squad anyway..? I lose track of these things.
An injury to 1P this week and it’s back to Kenlock.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:04 - Aug 4 with 4543 viewsKieran_Knows

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:04 - Aug 4 by gordon

Aren't we better off putting Downes or McGavin on the bench? What happens if Evans goes off injured after 15 mins?

I don't think people quite get it, Downes has no future with us. He doesn't want to be here, and Cook doesn't want him either.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:08 - Aug 4 with 4491 viewsgordon

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:04 - Aug 4 by Kieran_Knows

I don't think people quite get it, Downes has no future with us. He doesn't want to be here, and Cook doesn't want him either.

That's fair enough, but he's under contract, if we have no one else in the position I'd expect him to do his job. And what about McGavin?
Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:08 - Aug 4 with 4477 viewsKieran_Knows

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:08 - Aug 4 by gordon

That's fair enough, but he's under contract, if we have no one else in the position I'd expect him to do his job. And what about McGavin?

I presume Humphreys will step up, like he has done for most of pre-season.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:09 - Aug 4 with 4465 viewsgordon

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:04 - Aug 4 by chicoazul

Is he bomb squad anyway..? I lose track of these things.
An injury to 1P this week and it’s back to Kenlock.

Kenlock's probably about the same level as Penney anyway, isn't he?
Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:10 - Aug 4 with 4442 viewschicoazul

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:09 - Aug 4 by gordon

Kenlock's probably about the same level as Penney anyway, isn't he?

Haven’t seen 1P play but given we are in for Couson he is obvs a squad player.

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:11 - Aug 4 with 4425 viewsgordon

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:08 - Aug 4 by Kieran_Knows

I presume Humphreys will step up, like he has done for most of pre-season.

Yup, but I think putting in a 17 year old winger in at central midfield might be a bit much, when there's two more experienced central midfielders who are available and under contract.
Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:13 - Aug 4 with 4385 viewschicoazul

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:08 - Aug 4 by gordon

Give to understand Cook would rather put you or me in the team ahead of Downes. So yeah McGavin would come in I guess

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:20 - Aug 4 with 4295 viewsWallingford_Boy

Its only Wednesday AM and as we know, Ashton works on the transfers as PC gets the team focused for Saturday.

Still time.... but yeah, unlikely.

Looking at the fixtures, we SHOULD have more than enough for our first few opponents, so getting it right for end of August is the priority.

RIP Sir Bobby

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:24 - Aug 4 with 4264 viewsThe_Realist_09

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:00 - Aug 4 by BseaBlue

We have done some excellent business this summer but it is far from ideal needing 4,5 or 6 players at this stage! My worry is that they will need time to gel and due to last season, I'm not sure Cook will get the patience needed if things start slowly.

The patience is a slight worry of mine, it's a long old season and history tells us anyone can take points from anyone. Obviously it is good to have expectations but this is a big project. I was reading comments from Pompey fans just after they won the league under Cook. Lots of them were apologising for calling for his head when things were going a bit rough but praising him for implementing his plan in the end.

Interesting times ahead for sure! COYB!
Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:29 - Aug 4 with 4203 viewsWallingford_Boy

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:24 - Aug 4 by The_Realist_09

The patience is a slight worry of mine, it's a long old season and history tells us anyone can take points from anyone. Obviously it is good to have expectations but this is a big project. I was reading comments from Pompey fans just after they won the league under Cook. Lots of them were apologising for calling for his head when things were going a bit rough but praising him for implementing his plan in the end.

Interesting times ahead for sure! COYB!

We may well be nowehere near the top come Christmas, but if any fans are seriously calling for PC's head after the summer of transition we have had/are having, then they have a screw loose.

This is not an overnight project, you cannot buy league one, it may well take another season to get up.

Patience is required!

RIP Sir Bobby

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:29 - Aug 4 with 4214 viewsitfcjoe

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:20 - Aug 4 by Wallingford_Boy

Its only Wednesday AM and as we know, Ashton works on the transfers as PC gets the team focused for Saturday.

Still time.... but yeah, unlikely.

Looking at the fixtures, we SHOULD have more than enough for our first few opponents, so getting it right for end of August is the priority.

I just can't see anyone we sign now, starting on Saturday - the cup game a more realsitic chance for them to get minutes ahead of Burton/Cheltenham

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:31 - Aug 4 with 4177 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Don't we have until midday Friday to sign players who can play Saturday? It's only just Wednesday now!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:34 - Aug 4 with 4138 viewsThe_Realist_09

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:31 - Aug 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

Don't we have until midday Friday to sign players who can play Saturday? It's only just Wednesday now!

Does anyone else feel like their working week is dragging in anticipation for this weekend, or is that just me!?

Maybe the constant refreshing of TWTD doesn't help!
Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:38 - Aug 4 with 4076 viewsMookamoo

Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:01 - Aug 4 by itfcsuth

Personally;

Hladky
Pigott - Bonne

Good opportunity for Dobra. He's obvious done enough to get his chance.

You would assume the Celina type player we are after will mean his time is limited.
Looks like we will go into Morecambe with what we have now..... on 09:42 - Aug 4 with 4037 viewsSteve_M

We look a bit short, always a big risk with making as many changes as Cook wanted to this Summer. I still think we've been a bit careless with those players we've let go but still a month to go but we should still have enough to get off to an ok start.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024