Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cashless economy....gott'a love it. 08:49 - Jun 25 with 3060 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jun/24/210418-tourists-charged-by-the-d

"One of England’s most popular tourist attractions has apologised after hundreds of visitors to Brighton Palace Pier were overcharged for fairground rides to the tune of thousands of pounds.

The pier — which is largely cashless — blamed the fiasco on the processing company Worldpay, which it said had used the date of the transaction instead of the actual amount in each case."

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 09:17 - Jun 25 with 2661 viewsMattinLondon

Apparently it’s impossible to be overcharged using cash.
Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 16:56 - Jun 25 with 2517 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 09:17 - Jun 25 by MattinLondon

Apparently it’s impossible to be overcharged using cash.

So Sir that will be £2,000 for your dodgem ride please!

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 18:10 - Jun 25 with 2477 viewsMattinLondon

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 16:56 - Jun 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

So Sir that will be £2,000 for your dodgem ride please!

An extreme example but cashless is going to happen.
Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 18:42 - Jun 25 with 2441 viewsdickie

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 18:10 - Jun 25 by MattinLondon

Doesn't make it right though
Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 18:52 - Jun 25 with 2432 viewsjeera

I don't doubt it will one day, but I thoroughly dislike the thought of my every move being trackable.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 19:09 - Jun 25 with 2419 viewsdickie

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 18:52 - Jun 25 by jeera

I don't doubt it will one day, but I thoroughly dislike the thought of my every move being trackable.

Agreed, and a cashless society penalises the poor
Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 20:29 - Jun 25 with 2380 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sh!t happens!
Should we roll on our backs and wiggle our legs?

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 20:32 - Jun 25 with 2371 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 19:09 - Jun 25 by dickie

..and never mind the next banking crisis when they can just flick a switch and say "hands off your savings!" to anybody stupid enough to save.

Login to get fewer ads

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 20:34 - Jun 25 with 2362 viewsLord_Lucan

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 20:29 - Jun 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

Sh!t happens!
Should we roll on our backs and wiggle our legs?

A cashless society will undoubtably happen at some point.

Of course it is a 100% control of the general public. A cashless society is the end of personal freedom.

What will happen is that people will find other things to barter with.

You can have this girl for an eight ball!

Surprises me that the some of the people who hate ID cards are in favour of a cashless society.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 20:37 - Jun 25 with 2355 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 20:34 - Jun 25 by Lord_Lucan

A cashless society will undoubtably happen at some point.

Of course it is a 100% control of the general public. A cashless society is the end of personal freedom.

What will happen is that people will find other things to barter with.

You can have this girl for an eight ball!

Surprises me that the some of the people who hate ID cards are in favour of a cashless society.

Modern, progress shizz innit!!

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 20:43 - Jun 25 with 2333 viewsKropotkin123

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 19:09 - Jun 25 by dickie

I currently live in a less affluent part of London, and the amount of cash machines that charge you to withdraw money around here is insane. It's robbery.

Cash machines charge the merchant money for using their service, and this price is naturally incorporated into costing/RRP. So if you aren't using cards, you are paying for a service you don't use.

Poorer people cannot get access to cards that offer deals like cashback on purchases, etc.

There are many ways in which poorer people get penalised by their payment method, cash or not.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 20:50 - Jun 25 with 2316 viewsLord_Lucan

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 20:43 - Jun 25 by Kropotkin123

I currently live in a less affluent part of London, and the amount of cash machines that charge you to withdraw money around here is insane. It's robbery.

Cash machines charge the merchant money for using their service, and this price is naturally incorporated into costing/RRP. So if you aren't using cards, you are paying for a service you don't use.

Poorer people cannot get access to cards that offer deals like cashback on purchases, etc.

There are many ways in which poorer people get penalised by their payment method, cash or not.

To be quite honest I don't see the point of what you are saying - and I accept I might have got the wrong end - and or I am thick.

If they want cash there are scores of local tescos, sainsburys etc everywhere where if you can be bothered to walk a few hundred yards you are served with a no charge machine.

If they have a card why can't they pay with it without having to go to the cash machine?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 00:10 - Jun 26 with 2235 viewslightuser

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 20:50 - Jun 25 by Lord_Lucan

To be quite honest I don't see the point of what you are saying - and I accept I might have got the wrong end - and or I am thick.

If they want cash there are scores of local tescos, sainsburys etc everywhere where if you can be bothered to walk a few hundred yards you are served with a no charge machine.

If they have a card why can't they pay with it without having to go to the cash machine?

Do Tesco's sell smack, charlie, no vat booze and cigs now? 😉😁

Lol...I got the wrong end of the stick with yours. Free cash machines. Gottit. Doh
[Post edited 26 Jun 2021 0:20]
Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 00:23 - Jun 26 with 2202 viewsClapham_Junction

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 20:43 - Jun 25 by Kropotkin123

Yes, I've noticed all the cashpoints round where I live now charge. I've pretty much given up on using cash, even to the extent of letting the local fish and chip shop charge me an extra 50p when I occasionally visit them to get me above the threshold for using a card.

I've also seen buskers on the tube are now taking card payments. They're slightly behind beggars in China (or at least Beijing), who were using QR codes for money transfers when I first went in 2015.
Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 00:26 - Jun 26 with 2193 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 20:50 - Jun 25 by Lord_Lucan

That is the point. Go to the sink estates around the edges of larger towns and cities and you will find that they are Big Four Supermarket-Free Zones.

They often just have a small Spar or similar, charging a lot more for the same or worse products. If people can't afford cars they often can't access the best value supermarket deals.

Spar type shops often have cashpoints which are not free to use.
Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 10:55 - Jun 26 with 2047 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/jun/26/banks-access-to-cash-age-uk-atm

"Age UK warned that millions of UK citizens are cut off from cash and banking services. The lack of facilities is causing many to fall victim to financial abuse after being forced to rely on others to make transactions on their behalf, the charity found."

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 11:36 - Jun 26 with 2030 viewsBluefish

I have made my business cashless. I get some grumbles from boomers and tax dodgers but there are so many benefits. Most importantly the safety of my staff

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 12:42 - Jun 26 with 2000 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 11:36 - Jun 26 by Bluefish

I have made my business cashless. I get some grumbles from boomers and tax dodgers but there are so many benefits. Most importantly the safety of my staff

Did you used to throw coins at them?

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 14:24 - Jun 26 with 1942 viewsMattinLondon

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 11:36 - Jun 26 by Bluefish

How’s your bar going?

Before the pandemic a cashless business wasn’t a rarity but it was quite uncommon - but since last year, more and more seem to be going that way. My old driving instructor told me that he no longer accepts cash or cheques as he doesn’t want a lot of cash on him.

I do know someone who resents being ‘forced’ to use debit or came cut cards as he doesn’t want to be tracked - he’s not that interesting so I don’t know who would want to track him in the first place.
Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 14:32 - Jun 26 with 1922 viewsMattinLondon

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 10:55 - Jun 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/jun/26/banks-access-to-cash-age-uk-atm

"Age UK warned that millions of UK citizens are cut off from cash and banking services. The lack of facilities is causing many to fall victim to financial abuse after being forced to rely on others to make transactions on their behalf, the charity found."

This will sound heartless but progress - or attempts to progress- shouldn’t be halted due to its elderly population.
Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 14:55 - Jun 26 with 1901 viewsLord_Lucan

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 14:32 - Jun 26 by MattinLondon

This will sound heartless but progress - or attempts to progress- shouldn’t be halted due to its elderly population.

Personally I don't use cash - hardly ever really, I prefer to use a card, but that's just my choice.

Hooever - I view an enforced cashless society as the final screw by "The Man"

It won't be long before your spending habits will be brought up in front of a jury - should you be in a bit of a kerfuffle.

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 15:01 - Jun 26 with 1888 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Change is not necessarily 'progress', in many ways society has been regressing for most of my lifetime.

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 17:18 - Jun 26 with 1828 viewsBluefish

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 14:24 - Jun 26 by MattinLondon

How’s your bar going?

Before the pandemic a cashless business wasn’t a rarity but it was quite uncommon - but since last year, more and more seem to be going that way. My old driving instructor told me that he no longer accepts cash or cheques as he doesn’t want a lot of cash on him.

I do know someone who resents being ‘forced’ to use debit or came cut cards as he doesn’t want to be tracked - he’s not that interesting so I don’t know who would want to track him in the first place.

Hit and miss sometimes but on the whole way ahead of our wildest expectations. Sadly that doesn't mean big profits though because the extra staff for table service is a killer

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 17:47 - Jun 26 with 1795 viewsjeera

How does still having X amount of cash in circulation hold up progress?

Not to mention that's a bit of a rotten thing to say really.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 18:11 - Jun 26 with 1761 viewsMattinLondon

Cashless economy....gott'a love it. on 17:47 - Jun 26 by jeera

How does still having X amount of cash in circulation hold up progress?

Not to mention that's a bit of a rotten thing to say really.

It wasn’t a rotten thing to say at all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024