Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I wonder how far into the season... 12:38 - Jun 16 with 3094 viewsOriginalMarkyP

...we'll get before we start hearing how 'we're a work in progress', 'It's a bit of a project', 'There's a lot to turn around here', 'It's a bigger job than it first looked', 'This must be the hardest League 1 ever with some the big clubs here.' ?

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

I wonder how far into the season... on 12:39 - Jun 16 with 1777 viewsTractorCam

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I wonder how far into the season... on 12:42 - Jun 16 with 1751 viewsArnieM

OP: Tell you what I’ll start it now shall I….

……..WE ARE WORK IN PROGRESS……..

Clear enough for you ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I wonder how far into the season... on 12:44 - Jun 16 with 1725 viewsMerseyBlue

The sun is shining, the club seem to have an idea of what they are doing for the first time in a decade and we're at the start of what could be a very exciting time.

Bit early to be following this train of thought.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

I wonder how far into the season... on 12:44 - Jun 16 with 1710 viewsKieran_Knows

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I wonder how far into the season... on 12:47 - Jun 16 with 1700 viewsBlueBadger

Classic TWTD. Invent something that hasn't happened and may not happen to get upset about, then get upset about it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I wonder how far into the season... on 12:47 - Jun 16 with 1687 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I wonder how far into the season... on 12:42 - Jun 16 by ArnieM

OP: Tell you what I’ll start it now shall I….

……..WE ARE WORK IN PROGRESS……..

Clear enough for you ?

But I thought promtion was the only acceptable outcome?

I wonder how far into the season... on 12:48 - Jun 16 with 1664 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I wonder how far into the season... on 12:47 - Jun 16 by BlueBadger

Classic TWTD. Invent something that hasn't happened and may not happen to get upset about, then get upset about it.

I'm not upset. I'm just asking a question.

I wonder how far into the season... on 12:50 - Jun 16 with 1649 viewsBlueBadger

I wonder how far into the season... on 12:48 - Jun 16 by OriginalMarkyP

Course you were, chuckles. The fact that it's in exactly the same whiny, relentlessly negative tone as everything else you post is by-the-by.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

I wonder how far into the season... on 12:57 - Jun 16 with 1575 viewsStokieBlue

I wonder how far into the season... on 12:48 - Jun 16 by OriginalMarkyP

More precisely you're just having your daily moan thread.

Usually it's about signings so I guess you get a mark for mixing it up a bit.

It's becoming rather tiresome though.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

I wonder how far into the season... on 12:59 - Jun 16 with 1557 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I wonder how far into the season... on 12:50 - Jun 16 by BlueBadger

Course you were, chuckles. The fact that it's in exactly the same whiny, relentlessly negative tone as everything else you post is by-the-by.

Whiney? I have a rich velvety baritone I'll have you know.

And the vast majority of my posts are positive. I'm just asking a question based on the reality that a lot league one clubs are doing some astute business in the transfer market at the moment, and we aren't quite having the signing frenzy some were imagining. There has been a lot of people on here displaying a certain amount of blind faith in the regime and I for one think that there is nothing wrong with questioning them.

So far on balance more talent has gone out of the club than has come in. If Downes ships off to Barnsley well that would be a big loss IMO. Also there is a lot of talk of how great a signing Harper will be, but based on what evidence? He's from WBA. By that measure Bennetts should have been a revalation, yet the only thing revealed about him was his ability to run down blind alleys and lose the ball.

I'm not convinced we're going to take the league by storm yet, although a lot of people seem to have decided that we will. Cook and the owners have been very clear on what constitutes success, and so far, I see scant evidence that we'll achieve it.

I wonder how far into the season... on 12:59 - Jun 16 with 1556 viewsTractorCam

I wonder how far into the season... on 12:57 - Jun 16 by StokieBlue

More precisely you're just having your daily moan thread.

Usually it's about signings so I guess you get a mark for mixing it up a bit.

It's becoming rather tiresome though.

SB

All very strange ain't it.

After years of torture we're finally looking like we're on the up, it's June, we're in off season, the euros are on and he's still moaning about non-issues at ITFC.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I wonder how far into the season... on 13:03 - Jun 16 with 1509 viewsBlueBadger

I wonder how far into the season... on 12:59 - Jun 16 by OriginalMarkyP

And the vast majority of my posts are positive. I'm just asking a question based on the reality that a lot league one clubs are doing some astute business in the transfer market at the moment, and we aren't quite having the signing frenzy some were imagining. There has been a lot of people on here displaying a certain amount of blind faith in the regime and I for one think that there is nothing wrong with questioning them.

So far on balance more talent has gone out of the club than has come in. If Downes ships off to Barnsley well that would be a big loss IMO. Also there is a lot of talk of how great a signing Harper will be, but based on what evidence? He's from WBA. By that measure Bennetts should have been a revalation, yet the only thing revealed about him was his ability to run down blind alleys and lose the ball.

I'm not convinced we're going to take the league by storm yet, although a lot of people seem to have decided that we will. Cook and the owners have been very clear on what constitutes success, and so far, I see scant evidence that we'll achieve it.

Your profile is proof that this is yet another ludicrous claim.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/members/OriginalMarkyP

I wonder how far into the season... on 13:04 - Jun 16 with 1499 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I wonder how far into the season... on 12:47 - Jun 16 by BlueBadger

AKA the pre-emptive flounce.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I wonder how far into the season... on 13:05 - Jun 16 with 1489 viewschrismakin

Apart from Wigan, which other competitors are doing some astute business?

It's a very slow market at the moment.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I wonder how far into the season... on 13:06 - Jun 16 with 1479 viewsCoastalblue

I'm not expecting to take the league by storm, be nice if we did but probbably a bit unrealistic considering we'll have new owners, a new structure, a new manager and mostly a new team. I am looking forward to us being competitive though, playing decent football and laying the foundation for what will hopefully be a decade that heads in the opposite direction to the last one.

Just lower your expectations a notch or two and enjoy the ride, let's be honest, top 6 will be a massive improvement on where we've been.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

I wonder how far into the season... on 13:07 - Jun 16 with 1470 viewsMerseyBlue

These things take time. You have to remember that despite our new-found wealth, we're still a League 1 side. There is a pecking order. We might not be able to get the players we're after until the end of the window. Not ideal but it's where we are in the pecking order.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

I wonder how far into the season... on 13:12 - Jun 16 with 1415 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I wonder how far into the season... on 13:05 - Jun 16 by chrismakin

Apart from Wigan, which other competitors are doing some astute business?

It's a very slow market at the moment.

MK Dons, Fleetwood, Wigan and Portsmouth have already done some good business.

I wonder how far into the season... on 13:16 - Jun 16 with 1379 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I wonder how far into the season... on 13:03 - Jun 16 by BlueBadger

No. I'd argue my posts are postive. Just because some may off criticism, doesn't mean they don't come from a postive place. You can see I actually like the 2 signings we have made if you read the threads. All it proves is you don't like my posts. Which is fine with me. You do appear to like commenting on them though.

I wonder how far into the season... on 13:20 - Jun 16 with 1347 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I wonder how far into the season... on 13:06 - Jun 16 by Coastalblue

I'm not expecting to take the league by storm, be nice if we did but probbably a bit unrealistic considering we'll have new owners, a new structure, a new manager and mostly a new team. I am looking forward to us being competitive though, playing decent football and laying the foundation for what will hopefully be a decade that heads in the opposite direction to the last one.

Just lower your expectations a notch or two and enjoy the ride, let's be honest, top 6 will be a massive improvement on where we've been.

I agree. And my expectations are that if we got into the playoffs we'd have done tremendously well. Even finishing just outside playing decent football would be an achievement.

Believe me, I don't think we have any god-given right to do well.

But I think some people on here have allowed themselves to be swept up on the understandable wave of enthusiasm. I just think football being football a little dose of realism to temper that enthusiasm is a good thing.

The way it's been talked up Cook could find himself out of a job if we finish outside the playoffs, and that's not really a sustainable model for success unless you're Chelsea.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2021 13:21]

I wonder how far into the season... on 13:22 - Jun 16 with 1327 viewsHciwspi

I wonder how far into the season...

It will be before you post something positive. Everything I read for you is negative (usually bemoaning our apparent "lack" of signings).

Maybe you should take a break from TWTD until the season starts!
I wonder how far into the season... on 13:22 - Jun 16 with 1319 viewschrismakin

I wonder how far into the season... on 13:12 - Jun 16 by OriginalMarkyP

What business have they done? especially pompy.. who've lost a load of players but can't see any signed yet.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2021 13:24]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I wonder how far into the season... on 13:23 - Jun 16 with 1309 viewsEly_Blue

I wonder how far into the season... on 13:03 - Jun 16 by BlueBadger

Careful there, he’ll be calling you out for bullying next………. These snowflakes, you know what they’re like

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

I wonder how far into the season... on 13:25 - Jun 16 with 1286 viewsMerseyBlue

Portsmouth and MK Dons have signed one player each.

Fleetwood have signed a few but have had a few more go the other way.

Wigan have had 4 come in and a 'Norfolk handful' go.

There's work to be done but it's not really putting us to shame.

I wonder how far into the season... on 13:27 - Jun 16 with 1263 viewsMerseyBlue

I wonder how far into the season... on 13:22 - Jun 16 by chrismakin

What business have they done? especially pompy.. who've lost a load of players but can't see any signed yet.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2021 13:24]

Pompey have signed Liam Vincent from Bromley according to this: https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/league-one-transfer-window-2021-804020

I wonder how far into the season... on 13:28 - Jun 16 with 1251 viewstractorboy1978

Portsmouth? Haha you are trolling. They've lost most of their team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024