Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City - Ashton/recruitment 09:33 - May 14 with 997 viewschrismakin

As we know, there's a lot of dissapointment from BC fans regarding the recruitment of players, especially over the last 12 months.

Something I'm surpised they hadn't picked up on was the big difference in expenditure from the recruitment team pre and during covid transfer windows

When you go back to the 19/20 season, so Pre Covid, BC spent over £27 Mill on players, (Incomings, £ 43 mill of which 2o was Webster.

Is it wrong of them to then tread carefully during a pandemic?, I wouldn' think so would you?

And when I Look at the free transfers they brought in, they are players you would generally by happy to see recruited to compliment the players already at the squad... Lansbury, Martin, Brunt,

I originally thought he must have had a terrible record bringing in players by the way his player trading is negatively seen, but all in all, looking through their past few years, they seem quite sensible transfers.
[Post edited 14 May 2021 9:58]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Bristol City - Ashton/recruitment on 09:40 - May 14 with 912 viewsGuthrum

Also, one has to take into account the effect upon fan opinion of going from a steady year-on-year progress up the division towards the play-offs to mid-table and then a season of struggling.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Bristol City - Ashton/recruitment on 09:54 - May 14 with 797 viewschrismakin

Bristol City - Ashton/recruitment on 09:40 - May 14 by Guthrum

Also, one has to take into account the effect upon fan opinion of going from a steady year-on-year progress up the division towards the play-offs to mid-table and then a season of struggling.

This year has definately been the worst for them over the past few, which does kinda does follow their cautious trading through the pandmic.

Their previous 3 finishes were so similar
67 points, 70 points, 63 points, 17, 19, 17 wins

Obviously different manager to this season etc, but player trading wise, it doesn't appear to have been that problematic for them

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Bristol City - Ashton/recruitment on 10:22 - May 14 with 655 viewsBlueBlood90

Bristol seem to have put all of their blame onto Ashton for some poor transfer business but I'm sure I've read before that Ashton allows the manager/scouts/data people to draw up the shortlists and he negotiates the best deal for the players they want to sign. Not sure how much blame can be put down to him really.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Bristol City - Ashton/recruitment on 10:28 - May 14 with 598 viewschrismakin

Bristol City - Ashton/recruitment on 10:22 - May 14 by BlueBlood90

Bristol seem to have put all of their blame onto Ashton for some poor transfer business but I'm sure I've read before that Ashton allows the manager/scouts/data people to draw up the shortlists and he negotiates the best deal for the players they want to sign. Not sure how much blame can be put down to him really.

Yeah, M/A said himself that's how it had been done,

I think it's frustration from MC fans TBH, like the injury issues being Rolls fault and now the sports scientist has been spoken about joining us, he now is a victim of being blamed for his role in the injuries despite his actual job just being to monitior and report on player fitness/heatmaps etc during training and games..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024