Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum 16:05 - May 13 with 1466 viewsSTYG

What? This Sheikh wants to buy Aguero and Kompany and Robinho and some of the worlds best.

But what about Emile Mpenza, Paul Dickov, Ched Evans and Kelvin Etuhu? They may come good and take us to the Champions League!

Come off it people. The owners will back Cook to get a squad so good that it’ll effectively mean nobody from this bunch of failures will get in the side and people are upset because the same bunch of ‘our own’ that haven’t excelled in League One over two years and have done very little in 4, 5, 6 seasons are not the nucleus of a team the manager thinks can both get promoted and push on.

Absolutely nobody, with the exception of KVY (who just can’t catch a break) has looked too good for League One over a sustained period. Nobody.

It’s exciting times and some people can’t see the difference between Cook building a championship side in league one and Hurst building a league one side in the championship?
Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 16:06 - May 13 with 1250 viewsDanTheMan

Yes, that's exactly what's happening. Well done.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 16:07 - May 13 with 1229 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Not another flounce...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 16:07 - May 13 with 1223 viewsHerbivore

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 16:06 - May 13 by DanTheMan

The forum has been swamped by eejits lately. I thought the kids were all back at school now finally.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 16:09 - May 13 with 1204 viewsgtsb1966

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 16:07 - May 13 by Herbivore

The forum has been swamped by eejits lately. I thought the kids were all back at school now finally.

You're late for class then.
Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 16:10 - May 13 with 1193 viewsHerbivore

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 16:09 - May 13 by gtsb1966

You're late for class then.

Top bantz. Sharp cookie you.

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 16:15 - May 13 with 1154 viewsjayessess

Thus far the only concrete info about incoming transfer targets is that we're definitely interested in Callum Connolly, Lee Evans and Conor McEleny.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 16:16 - May 13 with 1121 viewsBlueWorldOrder

I don't think you can compare that to hiring Francis Jeffers and sacking almost the entire first team squad in one window. City can bring in top players, we have a wage cap to work around and are in the third division.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 16:18 - May 13 with 1121 viewsjeera

This is the usual pattern isn't it.

More threads about perceived flouncing than any actual flouncing.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 16:25 - May 13 with 1083 viewsSTYG

So what’s happening in your opinion then?
Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 16:25 - May 13 with 1087 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be fair, pretty much the first thing Mansour did was to buy one of the most exciting talents in the world... before letting anyone go.

I don't get the comparison?

Kompany joined City before the takeover.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 16:33]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 16:32 - May 13 with 1029 viewsDanTheMan

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 16:25 - May 13 by STYG

So what’s happening in your opinion then?

We've told players they can leave and so far have no brought in any new players, what with the transfer window not even being open yet.

Some people are disappointed with some of those who have been told they can leave, others are not.

Discussion has happened.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 16:32]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 16:38 - May 13 with 968 viewspositivity

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 16:32 - May 13 by DanTheMan

We've told players they can leave and so far have no brought in any new players, what with the transfer window not even being open yet.

Some people are disappointed with some of those who have been told they can leave, others are not.

Discussion has happened.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 16:32]

"discussion" is maybe putting it kindly, but otherwise bang on!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 16:40 - May 13 with 959 viewsSTYG

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 16:25 - May 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

To be fair, pretty much the first thing Mansour did was to buy one of the most exciting talents in the world... before letting anyone go.

The investors are quite clearly, according to them and several sources, looking to bring in players much better than those who have failed to deliver and people are unhappy that is the case because they seem to think the players we have are good enough. Despite evidence to the contrary.

I find that strange.
Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 16:46 - May 13 with 921 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 16:40 - May 13 by STYG

The investors are quite clearly, according to them and several sources, looking to bring in players much better than those who have failed to deliver and people are unhappy that is the case because they seem to think the players we have are good enough. Despite evidence to the contrary.

I find that strange.

I think you've made up that narrative.

Most fans think the squad is below par and needs a clear out.

Some still rate a few of the players though, and would rather see them stay.

No biggie.

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 16:51 - May 13 with 879 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Eh? Dickov and Mpenza had both left before Sheikh Mansour took over and were 35 and 30 respectively, and as someone else has pointed out Kompany was already there

In this case though people are questioning our best young players seemingly being put up for sale - which as a Man City equivalent for the time would be the likes of Micah Richards, Michael Johnson, Daniel Sturridge et al

Whilst none of those ended up pulling up any trees for varying reasons (and in Sturridges case did leave after a season despite City’s best efforts), they did initially remain as part of the overhaul as the wider squad was improved

So to summarise, your rather ridiculous comparison is rubbish anyway as Man City actually did the opposite to what you’ve implied

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 16:58 - May 13 with 840 viewshaynes_toe1

I find that strange.

If the new owners think they can sign a better player than Downes whilst we're in League One then they're even more deluded than some of the posters on here.
Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 17:00 - May 13 with 827 viewsSwansea_Blue

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 16:07 - May 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not another flounce...

A flounce about a flounce. What we need now are some more threads flouncing about the flounce about a flounce. Def info.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 17:01 - May 13 with 826 viewsjayessess

I find that strange.

It's not that though, is it?

If on Monday morning they'd come in and said "we won't be renewing anyone's contracts", everyone would've shrugged their shoulders and said "fair enough", with the odd bit of minor dissent here or there. Even if they'd come in and said, we'll also be looking to move on all the older under contract players I don't think you'd have seen many complaints.

That's a solid 25 players everyone was happy to see moved on. There's plenty of appetite for massive change here.

There's some disappointment that a few of the younger players are being moved on. Lots of people were hopeful that with better players around them and a good pre-season with a manager capable of improving players, they'd kick on and that'd be something for the club to be proud of. It's disappointing and worrying that the club's management don't back themselves to improve any of the players currently at the club.

If the squad looks in great shape come August I don't think it'll matter to anyone much and it'll matter even less if positive results start coming in. But, as yet, there's nothing in the credit column to offset that disappointment.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 17:07]

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 17:04 - May 13 with 801 viewspositivity

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 17:01 - May 13 by jayessess

It's not that though, is it?

If on Monday morning they'd come in and said "we won't be renewing anyone's contracts", everyone would've shrugged their shoulders and said "fair enough", with the odd bit of minor dissent here or there. Even if they'd come in and said, we'll also be looking to move on all the older under contract players I don't think you'd have seen many complaints.

That's a solid 25 players everyone was happy to see moved on. There's plenty of appetite for massive change here.

There's some disappointment that a few of the younger players are being moved on. Lots of people were hopeful that with better players around them and a good pre-season with a manager capable of improving players, they'd kick on and that'd be something for the club to be proud of. It's disappointing and worrying that the club's management don't back themselves to improve any of the players currently at the club.

If the squad looks in great shape come August I don't think it'll matter to anyone much and it'll matter even less if positive results start coming in. But, as yet, there's nothing in the credit column to offset that disappointment.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 17:07]

do you mean credit rather than debit?

to be fair, in terms of actual departures, nydam's the only one who has significant numbers of people thinking cook was wrong.

until actual departures happen, i think we should just calm down a bit. if doz gets given to norwich on a free, the flouncing can then begin in earnest!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 17:11 - May 13 with 768 viewsjayessess

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 17:04 - May 13 by positivity

do you mean credit rather than debit?

to be fair, in terms of actual departures, nydam's the only one who has significant numbers of people thinking cook was wrong.

until actual departures happen, i think we should just calm down a bit. if doz gets given to norwich on a free, the flouncing can then begin in earnest!

Yes, credit, thanks!

True on the actual departures. We will have to wait and see on all of it, I guess. Personally, I still hope some of these lads stay and fight for their place and that we make a good fist of trying to develop them as top players.

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 17:16 - May 13 with 749 viewsSTYG

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 16:58 - May 13 by haynes_toe1

If the new owners think they can sign a better player than Downes whilst we're in League One then they're even more deluded than some of the posters on here.

Lol.

How good is Downes?

Not in the future. Not in a few seasons. Now?

He’s been nothing more than a fairly decent midfielder in League One over 24 months. He’s been far from outstanding which is what promoted teams have throughout their sides.

So yes. As one of the biggest teams in this division with significant financial backing we should be able to have players that are superb at this level now.
Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 17:22 - May 13 with 716 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 16:15 - May 13 by jayessess

Thus far the only concrete info about incoming transfer targets is that we're definitely interested in Callum Connolly, Lee Evans and Conor McEleny.

Everytime I see Lee Evans linked I think of the rubber-faced, sweaty comedian and I think sigh...not only is he past it, he's not even a footballer.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 17:26 - May 13 with 699 viewshaynes_toe1

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 17:16 - May 13 by STYG

Lol.

How good is Downes?

He’s been nothing more than a fairly decent midfielder in League One over 24 months. He’s been far from outstanding which is what promoted teams have throughout their sides.

So yes. As one of the biggest teams in this division with significant financial backing we should be able to have players that are superb at this level now.

Flynn Downes is wanted by Championship clubs, for a reason.

We're not going to be able to attract players who are wanted by Championship clubs, because we're in the third tier of English Football. We certainly aren't going to get a 22 year old with potential who's wanted by Championship clubs.
Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 17:39 - May 13 with 663 viewsHerbivore

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 17:16 - May 13 by STYG

Lol.

How good is Downes?

He's very good. He's struggled this season, which has been very disrupted for him with two injuries and a suspension, but last season he was very good. That's why Crystal Palace from the Premiership wanted to buy him. I can't imagine we'll be beating Palace to signing whoever replaces Downes.

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 18:16 - May 13 with 602 viewsstonojnr

Imagine the Manchester City fans on their forum on 16:25 - May 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

Plus also worth 22 billion dollars, he could spend 1 billion of his money buying the best players on the planet money could buy for his team and still be insanely wealthy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024