Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh ffs. New manager 19:00 - Mar 3 with 1529 viewschrismakin

Same sht coming out of Evan's.

Tight times for clubs. Efl caps. Blah blah.

You've got a squad of 50 players. It's not covid fault you've got more outgoings than needed.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:03 - Mar 3 with 1478 viewsJ2BLUE

His comments were pretty fair to be honest.

Just hope he's selling and that email isn't true.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:06 - Mar 3 with 1443 viewschrismakin

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:03 - Mar 3 by J2BLUE

But it's the same every year just a different time stamp.

In championship it was FFP. In league 1 its EFL caps.

You barely see any other club owners going on about them. They just get on with it.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:06 - Mar 3 with 1439 viewsDanTheMan

Like even if we ignore all the journalists saying otherwise, why is the same group they've said are investing doing searches on the training ground?

It makes absolutely no sense. I don't understand why he just doesn't mention it. He wasn't directly asked, it was a fan letter.

He loves shooting himself in the foot.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:07 - Mar 3 with 1416 viewsPlums

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:06 - Mar 3 by DanTheMan

Like even if we ignore all the journalists saying otherwise, why is the same group they've said are investing doing searches on the training ground?

It makes absolutely no sense. I don't understand why he just doesn't mention it. He wasn't directly asked, it was a fan letter.

Hopefully it’s the takeover equivalent of the vote of confidence.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:09 - Mar 3 with 1399 viewsDanTheMan

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:07 - Mar 3 by Plums

Hopefully it’s the takeover equivalent of the vote of confidence.

It's just such a silly thing to deny when there is a public paper trail of something going on, and at a late stage too.

talking about finishing in top 2 also on 19:10 - Mar 3 with 1374 viewsdavblue

just doesn't need to say it.
Oh ffs. New manager on 19:18 - Mar 3 with 1314 viewsJ2BLUE

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:09 - Mar 3 by DanTheMan

It's just such a silly thing to deny when there is a public paper trail of something going on, and at a late stage too.

As I said yesterday or whenever it was the main thing that annoys me about LON and Evans is them talking to us like we're all idiots. Like they can say anything and we'll believe it.

Truly impaired.

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:20 - Mar 3 with 1294 viewsTieDyedIn95

I am not sure he can blame Covid 19 for us being in the third division though!

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Login to get fewer ads

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:21 - Mar 3 with 1263 viewsDanTheMan

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:18 - Mar 3 by J2BLUE

As I said yesterday or whenever it was the main thing that annoys me about LON and Evans is them talking to us like we're all idiots. Like they can say anything and we'll believe it.

Lee O'Neill doesn't bother me as much. Imagine he's told what to say and just does not have the training to think up decent answers in real time when asked. Yeah, it's silly and he shouldn't do it but I do understand it.

Marcus on the other hand (we assume) wrote this and had all the time in the world for this. Nobody was clamouring for it as far as I can tell, everyone is just happy Lambert is gone and we've got a seemingly competent manager.

It just did not need addressing, let alone denying when it's obviously not the case.

For a supposedly clever man he sure doesn't act like it.

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:22 - Mar 3 with 1229 viewschrismakin

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:21 - Mar 3 by DanTheMan

Lee O'Neill doesn't bother me as much. Imagine he's told what to say and just does not have the training to think up decent answers in real time when asked. Yeah, it's silly and he shouldn't do it but I do understand it.

Marcus on the other hand (we assume) wrote this and had all the time in the world for this. Nobody was clamouring for it as far as I can tell, everyone is just happy Lambert is gone and we've got a seemingly competent manager.

It just did not need addressing, let alone denying when it's obviously not the case.

For a supposedly clever man he sure doesn't act like it.

Spot on.

People know refunds are being looked into
We know we wouldn't find out what was said between him.and lambert.
No one cares if they are on good or bad terms.

I don't know why he felt the need to do that.

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:23 - Mar 3 with 1225 viewsjeera

Can I ask if it's possible that although talks have been ongoing that Evans is as reluctant as he now appears, but that these people are determined to get what they want and have been employing tactics to put on as much pressure to sell as possible?

I have no idea of course, but like everyone else am trying to make some sense of this apparent conundrum.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:25 - Mar 3 with 1178 viewsjeera

Not sure I understand this line:

"You've got a squad of 50 players. It's not covid fault you've got more outgoings than needed."

On that count he cannot win then. He hasn't got 50 players, the manager accumulated the players and Evans backed him.

There's enough material to throw at him but not sure about that.

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:27 - Mar 3 with 1145 viewsJ2BLUE

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:25 - Mar 3 by jeera

"You've got a squad of 50 players. It's not covid fault you've got more outgoings than needed."

On that count he cannot win then. He hasn't got 50 players, the manager accumulated the players and Evans backed him.

And even if we had a squad of 20 they would still need to be paid and there's still next to no money coming in.

Truly impaired.

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:29 - Mar 3 with 1091 viewschrismakin

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:25 - Mar 3 by jeera

He's the owner of the club Jeers. He has no director of football. Seemingly no one else involved in the football finances. So he has to take responsibility for player wages etc. He also signed off the loanees in Jan despite the likes of dobra etc being available and shunted to u23s.

I appreciate he gets moaned at for not backing people but its not a coincidence that hurst went wild in the market and Lambert ends up with this size squad.
Theres no management of player purchase and that's fine to Evan's

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:30 - Mar 3 with 1074 viewschrismakin

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:27 - Mar 3 by J2BLUE

And even if we had a squad of 20 they would still need to be paid and there's still next to no money coming in.

I know that I appreciate that.
But its hard to feel sorry for him and the lack of finances when hes allowing such mismanagement of player recruitment.

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:31 - Mar 3 with 1065 viewsjeera

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:27 - Mar 3 by J2BLUE

Absolutely.

We cannot complain about no communication and then complain when there is some.

If anything more updates explaining things would have gone a long way over the years to build a relationship, which has been sorely missing all along.

Spelling out the obstacles isn't unfair if they make sense, which the current losses regarding matchday and lack of use of facilities at least do make sense on a practical level.

But why allow things to always get so bad before speaking up? It's not good enough.

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:35 - Mar 3 with 1011 viewsjeera

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:29 - Mar 3 by chrismakin

He's the owner of the club Jeers. He has no director of football. Seemingly no one else involved in the football finances. So he has to take responsibility for player wages etc. He also signed off the loanees in Jan despite the likes of dobra etc being available and shunted to u23s.

I appreciate he gets moaned at for not backing people but its not a coincidence that hurst went wild in the market and Lambert ends up with this size squad.
Theres no management of player purchase and that's fine to Evan's

It's obviously not fine though is it. I very much doubt he's ok with any of it.

As for the rest of your post, it's no secret how poor he's been as an owner.

Of course the club needs proper leadership, we have all been saying this until blue in the face.

Yes, there is no argument that he either needs to step up and do things properly or walk away and let someone else have it.

If he had built some integrity with the fan base and could be trusted if/when he says, "I refuse to sell to [so&so] because I don't think they're good for the club" then at least that would be respected.

But of course that level of trust just isn't there.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 19:37]

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:35 - Mar 3 with 1003 viewsjeera

Oh ffs. New manager on 19:30 - Mar 3 by chrismakin

I know that I appreciate that.
But its hard to feel sorry for him and the lack of finances when hes allowing such mismanagement of player recruitment.

No one is feeling sorry for him.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024