Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would Huws have been a better substitution than Downes? 08:26 - Oct 4 with 738 viewsWeWereZombies

Obviously I am not the manager and he has all the info and insight but, given that we had lost our grip on the game (and perhaps never had any grip on it in the first place), I wonder if a calmer and more measured influence coming on would have stabilised things and allowed us to put more passes together, press higher up the pitch and cause MK Dons problems rather than them causing us problems?

Every time I have seen Downes come on this season he appears to have adopted a bull in a china shop approach, maybe that is what Lambert wants in targeting the opposition players that are most likely to start effective attacks but it has seemed risky on both the previous occasions and proved to have a negative impact yesterday.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Would Huws have been a better substitution than Downes? on 08:32 - Oct 4 with 714 viewsKeaneish

It was the correct sub in my opinion and a good tackle from Downes, which innocuously lead to his injury. The farcical sub was Judge for Sears at the same time.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Would Huws have been a better substitution than Downes? on 08:36 - Oct 4 with 702 viewsWeWereZombies

Would Huws have been a better substitution than Downes? on 08:32 - Oct 4 by Keaneish

It was the correct sub in my opinion and a good tackle from Downes, which innocuously lead to his injury. The farcical sub was Judge for Sears at the same time.

I thought Judge was busy and looked the most likely of our midfield or attack to open up MK Dons when he came on, I hadn't noticed Sears so much as the second half wore on and maybe Lambert knows that his engine only has so much capacity these days.

Would Huws have been a better substitution than Downes? on 08:41 - Oct 4 with 684 viewsKeaneish

Would Huws have been a better substitution than Downes? on 08:36 - Oct 4 by WeWereZombies

I thought Judge was busy and looked the most likely of our midfield or attack to open up MK Dons when he came on, I hadn't noticed Sears so much as the second half wore on and maybe Lambert knows that his engine only has so much capacity these days.

As Herbs said in another thread, Judge provides no cover and with Kenlock behind him we looked all over the place. Using all your subs on the 55th minute mark is ridiculous. Completely unforced and with so much of the game to go it was there to be punished. Luckily MK Dons, despite being tidy on the ball, offered little threat.

Got out of jail free yesterday. If that performance is a hall mark of things to come, we’ll never make top six.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Would Huws have been a better substitution than Downes? on 08:56 - Oct 4 with 650 viewsWeWereZombies

Would Huws have been a better substitution than Downes? on 08:41 - Oct 4 by Keaneish

As Herbs said in another thread, Judge provides no cover and with Kenlock behind him we looked all over the place. Using all your subs on the 55th minute mark is ridiculous. Completely unforced and with so much of the game to go it was there to be punished. Luckily MK Dons, despite being tidy on the ball, offered little threat.

Got out of jail free yesterday. If that performance is a hall mark of things to come, we’ll never make top six.

True that Judge leaves a space behind him all too often and a sharper opposition would have punished us, starting with same eleven for a couple of games may have given us a false sense that the team is well balanced. Whilst I don't want to see a return to Lambingo I think we have to realise that we are far from a finished project, we should be prepared for some significant changes to the line up now.

Would Huws have been a better substitution than Downes? on 09:03 - Oct 4 with 634 viewsRadlett_blue

Would Huws have been a better substitution than Downes? on 08:56 - Oct 4 by WeWereZombies

True that Judge leaves a space behind him all too often and a sharper opposition would have punished us, starting with same eleven for a couple of games may have given us a false sense that the team is well balanced. Whilst I don't want to see a return to Lambingo I think we have to realise that we are far from a finished project, we should be prepared for some significant changes to the line up now.

Rather worryingly like last season, when we started well in terms of results, despite plenty of criticism of the performances. Then Lambert started making multiple changes to personnel & formation in almost every game & we became a rabble. Let's hope some calm tweaks are made this time, although the Mickey Mouse cup game in midweek should be a chance to try out some players who are coming back from injury and give some others game time.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Would Huws have been a better substitution than Downes? on 09:11 - Oct 4 with 616 viewstextbackup

Would Huws have been a better substitution than Downes? on 08:32 - Oct 4 by Keaneish

judge and sears are just as pointless as one another. lankcaster would have been a different/better option

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Totally agree on 09:24 - Oct 4 with 590 viewsDyland

Would Huws have been a better substitution than Downes? on 08:41 - Oct 4 by Keaneish

There's also the question of Judge vs Lankester or whoever, and yes the manager sees them every day so is in a better position to make these calls... except demonstrably keeps doing things that are ineffective. Dare I say, er, gets it wrong again and again :)

Plus point is the point... and we defended that point resolutely at least after the bad luck with Downes.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Would Huws have been a better substitution than Downes? on 10:43 - Oct 4 with 511 viewsBlueBadger

No. Jackson would have been a better sub than Judge.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024