Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Might be time for the rest of the World to re-evaluate the worth of a US dollar? 23:32 - Apr 14 with 1487 viewsWeWereZombies

'"I am directing my administration to halt funding while a review is conducted to access the World Health Organisation's role in severely mismanaging and covering up the spread of the coronavirus," says Trump.'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52275989

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Might be time for the rest of the World to re-evaluate the worth of a US dollar? on 23:37 - Apr 14 with 1465 viewsStokieBlue

That won't happen in a hurry, he really is a manchild though. His go-to response is to threaten to withdraw funding just as his did with NATO. This is clearly an attempt to distract from his truly awful press conference earlier and his generally poor handling of everything.

Just watching Newsnight and they are saying that the WHO have been praising the transparency of the China response and numbers - that doesn't seem like a very good position from them either given it seems provably wrong (I am only going by the what the political editor on Newsnight said).

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Might be time for the rest of the World to re-evaluate the worth of a US dollar? on 23:40 - Apr 14 with 1440 viewsPinewoodblue

Watching Trump on Sky looks to me that he is electioneering. Despicable individual.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Might be time for the rest of the World to re-evaluate the worth of a US dollar? on 05:27 - Apr 15 with 1311 viewsSpruceMoose

Might be time for the rest of the World to re-evaluate the worth of a US dollar? on 23:37 - Apr 14 by StokieBlue

That won't happen in a hurry, he really is a manchild though. His go-to response is to threaten to withdraw funding just as his did with NATO. This is clearly an attempt to distract from his truly awful press conference earlier and his generally poor handling of everything.

Just watching Newsnight and they are saying that the WHO have been praising the transparency of the China response and numbers - that doesn't seem like a very good position from them either given it seems provably wrong (I am only going by the what the political editor on Newsnight said).

SB

He's also just delayed tens of millions of stimulus checks that were soon supposed to be going out to desperate people... Because he wanted his name printed on them.

He always needs a pat on the head for the things he hasn't achieved. What a tragic and insecure individual.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2020 5:30]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Might be time for the rest of the World to re-evaluate the worth of a US dollar? on 07:01 - Apr 15 with 1241 viewsBlueBadger

Might be time for the rest of the World to re-evaluate the worth of a US dollar? on 05:27 - Apr 15 by SpruceMoose

He's also just delayed tens of millions of stimulus checks that were soon supposed to be going out to desperate people... Because he wanted his name printed on them.

He always needs a pat on the head for the things he hasn't achieved. What a tragic and insecure individual.

He's coming across like the two gimps from yesterday who were blaming the UK's weak response to the pandemic on the last Labour government. Only with actual real-world influence.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Might be time for the rest of the World to re-evaluate the worth of a US dollar? on 10:29 - Apr 15 with 1111 viewsElephantintheRoom

On the other hand he could just have watched 'Contagion' and realised that a more dynamic and pro-active approach is required to combat the next pandemic..... just as advocated by Bill Gates, who I think donates more than most countries to the WHO.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Might be time for the rest of the World to re-evaluate the worth of a US dollar? on 12:23 - Apr 15 with 1059 viewsGuthrum

Might be time for the rest of the World to re-evaluate the worth of a US dollar? on 10:29 - Apr 15 by ElephantintheRoom

On the other hand he could just have watched 'Contagion' and realised that a more dynamic and pro-active approach is required to combat the next pandemic..... just as advocated by Bill Gates, who I think donates more than most countries to the WHO.

The problem with films is that the plot usually contains some solution, which will make everything alright in the end (albeit often with big explosions along the way). Clearly right and wrong courses of action. Obvious heroes and villains/idiots.

The Covid-19 situation does not have any of that yet. There is no cure. There is no means of prevention. There is no means of knowing if what anybody is doing is having much effect really. There are tricky balances to be struck between lockdowns and destroying the economy.

Nothing is clear cut.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Might be time for the rest of the World to re-evaluate the worth of a US dollar? on 12:36 - Apr 15 with 1022 viewsElephantintheRoom

Might be time for the rest of the World to re-evaluate the worth of a US dollar? on 12:23 - Apr 15 by Guthrum

The problem with films is that the plot usually contains some solution, which will make everything alright in the end (albeit often with big explosions along the way). Clearly right and wrong courses of action. Obvious heroes and villains/idiots.

The Covid-19 situation does not have any of that yet. There is no cure. There is no means of prevention. There is no means of knowing if what anybody is doing is having much effect really. There are tricky balances to be struck between lockdowns and destroying the economy.

Nothing is clear cut.

I was not being entirely serious - but if you have seen Bill Gates' Vancouver speach from 2015 he outlined how the world should be prepared for a global pandemic like the one we are currently experiencing - and has presumablyy been lobbying governments and the WHO in the intervening five years with little success..

IF the WHO is reorganised to act in such a manner then it might be one good thing to come out of all this... after all this doesnt seem a particularly deadly strain, so doesnt require the input of Matt Damon & laurence fishburn just yet..

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Might be time for the rest of the World to re-evaluate the worth of a US dollar? on 14:27 - Apr 15 with 970 viewsSpruceMoose

Might be time for the rest of the World to re-evaluate the worth of a US dollar? on 05:27 - Apr 15 by SpruceMoose

Joke is on Trump though. We got ours paid by direct deposit this morning, so his name was nowhere in sight!

In fact thanks to the payment, donations to Planned Parenthood, NPR, Every Town For Gun Safety and the Get Mitch or Die Trying fund have already gone out the door.

Thanks Donny.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2020 14:42]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Might be time for the rest of the World to re-evaluate the worth of a US dollar? on 15:17 - Apr 15 with 935 viewsWeWereZombies

Might be time for the rest of the World to re-evaluate the worth of a US dollar? on 10:29 - Apr 15 by ElephantintheRoom

At the moment I am struggling to find how, if anything, much Bill Gates gives directly to the World Health Organisation. Perhaps you could provide a link to your claim.

That being said the value of the many billions he does give to give to health charities, disaster relief and similar aid would be severely compromised by, say, a twenty per cent fall in the value of the US dollar. Then again, this underlines the difficulty of relying on philanthropy from one nation rather than having all the World's nations establish a sound footing for their healthcare systems.

Might be time for the rest of the World to re-evaluate the worth of a US dollar? on 15:29 - Apr 15 with 929 viewseireblue

Might be time for the rest of the World to re-evaluate the worth of a US dollar? on 23:40 - Apr 14 by Pinewoodblue

Watching Trump on Sky looks to me that he is electioneering. Despicable individual.

He hasn’t stopped electioneering.

He will probably relax a bit after he wins the next term, and play more golf, and maybe do a bit of campaigning for Ivanka.
Might be time for the rest of the World to re-evaluate the worth of a US dollar? on 22:07 - Apr 15 with 875 viewsWeWereZombies

I've found a chart of who donates to WHO - and you are right, The Gates Foundation is the second name on the list, after the United States of America:

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/04/who-funds-world-health-organization-un-co

Might be time for the rest of the World to re-evaluate the worth of a US dollar? on 22:14 - Apr 15 with 861 viewsLord_Lucan

Might be time for the rest of the World to re-evaluate the worth of a US dollar? on 22:07 - Apr 15 by WeWereZombies

I've found a chart of who donates to WHO - and you are right, The Gates Foundation is the second name on the list, after the United States of America:

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/04/who-funds-world-health-organization-un-co

The fact that any individual, or charity of an individual pays so much money to a supposedly unbiased world organisation is frankly frightening and could lead to terrible actions.

It really is very concerning

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024