Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Small business advice needed 19:28 - Mar 20 with 1147 viewswiffin1

My partner opened her own hair salon at the start of December and business was going really well unfortunately now 80-90% of customers are cancelling there appointments and she is going to struggle to afford the rent let alone her own personal bills, we have some money set aside to get through a couple of months etc, just wondering does anyone know if she will be able to claim any grants etc to help through this period, she is a sole trader and not vat registered.

Keep safe everyone!

Thanks
Small business advice needed on 19:34 - Mar 20 with 1108 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hi. I’m only dipping in here for a couple of minutes so excuse the brief post.

Is she entitled to small business rate relief? If so she can get a grant of ten grand. Is she employed by her own Company? She should be able to get 80% of her own and her staff wages back from 1st March.

There is other stuff that I can post tomorrow although I saw Lucan put up some useful info that went into more detail.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Small business advice needed on 20:37 - Mar 20 with 1030 viewsPlums

I understand in other countries, hairdressers have been able to stay open when other high street shops have been forced to close. She may find business picks up. I hope so for you both.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Small business advice needed on 21:23 - Mar 20 with 981 viewsallezlesbleus

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-

This should give you the information you need. Good luck.
Small business advice needed on 22:18 - Mar 20 with 946 viewsLord_Lucan

This is an easy to read take on things prior to today.

If you have a business rates bill (even if you get 100% relief) you will get a £10k freebie

https://www.pricebailey.co.uk/blog/government-support-covid-19/

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024