Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a great signing James Wilson has proved to be 08:08 - Jan 19 with 1711 viewsMaySixth

and to think the signing was criticised on here
those that go know

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

What a great signing James Wilson has proved to be on 08:28 - Jan 19 with 1646 viewsIPS_wich

He’s really suited to playing in the middle of a back three where the left and right are tasked with generating forward momentum. The total opposite to the sweeper/Libero role from the Italia 90 era where the middle of the back three was the cultured player.

He’s a no nonsense, you shall not pass, type who will be hugely exposed in the championship, but an ideal player for League one. Someone said on another thread he thought Wilson had a poor game yesterday...I had him in my top 3 players for us.
What a great signing James Wilson has proved to be on 08:33 - Jan 19 with 1624 viewsHerbivore

He's a decent League 1 CB which is exactly what we needed. I always thought he was fine as cover. He's played more than I expected, but that's been down to his performances and also Toto's form completely imploding this season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What a great signing James Wilson has proved to be on 08:33 - Jan 19 with 1626 viewsBluefish

What a great signing James Wilson has proved to be on 08:28 - Jan 19 by IPS_wich

He’s really suited to playing in the middle of a back three where the left and right are tasked with generating forward momentum. The total opposite to the sweeper/Libero role from the Italia 90 era where the middle of the back three was the cultured player.

He’s a no nonsense, you shall not pass, type who will be hugely exposed in the championship, but an ideal player for League one. Someone said on another thread he thought Wilson had a poor game yesterday...I had him in my top 3 players for us.

I didn't say he had a poor game I pointed out that he kicked the ball off the pitch 4 times while trying to pass. He defended ok but his distribution is terrible. He is a average filler player and miles off the level of Chambers or Woolfenden. I wonder if the 3 cbs will become

Lcb Earl
CB Chambers
Rcb Woolfenden

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

What a great signing James Wilson has proved to be on 08:36 - Jan 19 with 1610 viewsIPS_wich

What a great signing James Wilson has proved to be on 08:33 - Jan 19 by Bluefish

I didn't say he had a poor game I pointed out that he kicked the ball off the pitch 4 times while trying to pass. He defended ok but his distribution is terrible. He is a average filler player and miles off the level of Chambers or Woolfenden. I wonder if the 3 cbs will become

Lcb Earl
CB Chambers
Rcb Woolfenden

I think Chambo is more of a liability as the middle of the three. He’s far les adept at keeping the typical league one lump quiet compared to Wilson.
What a great signing James Wilson has proved to be on 08:38 - Jan 19 with 1596 viewsBluefish

What a great signing James Wilson has proved to be on 08:36 - Jan 19 by IPS_wich

I think Chambo is more of a liability as the middle of the three. He’s far les adept at keeping the typical league one lump quiet compared to Wilson.

Chambers was excellent yesterday and is much stronger than Wilson. He didnt lose a battle all day

What a great signing James Wilson has proved to be on 09:03 - Jan 19 with 1474 viewsHullblue

What a great signing James Wilson has proved to be on 08:38 - Jan 19 by Bluefish

Chambers was excellent yesterday and is much stronger than Wilson. He didnt lose a battle all day

Apart from for their goal. I do think he’s 10x better than Wilson though, as well as Wilson has done this season.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

What a great signing James Wilson has proved to be on 09:04 - Jan 19 with 1465 viewsBluefish

What a great signing James Wilson has proved to be on 09:03 - Jan 19 by Hullblue

Apart from for their goal. I do think he’s 10x better than Wilson though, as well as Wilson has done this season.

Huws was picking up their scorer....well supposed to be. We were very static for the goal

What a great signing James Wilson has proved to be on 09:23 - Jan 19 with 1379 viewsHullblue

What a great signing James Wilson has proved to be on 09:04 - Jan 19 by Bluefish

Huws was picking up their scorer....well supposed to be. We were very static for the goal

Fair enough - looked like Chambers from the highlights. Yeah didn’t look brilliant, made the win sweeter in the end though.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Login to get fewer ads

What a great signing James Wilson has proved to be on 09:37 - Jan 19 with 1324 viewsRonFearonsHair

I don’t understand the criticism he gets for booting it out when other defenders not doing so has led to goals being conceded.
What a great signing James Wilson has proved to be on 09:39 - Jan 19 with 1313 viewsBluefish

What a great signing James Wilson has proved to be on 09:37 - Jan 19 by RonFearonsHair

I don’t understand the criticism he gets for booting it out when other defenders not doing so has led to goals being conceded.

Clearances aren't a problem, passing it off the pitch while not under pressure is more so

What a great signing James Wilson has proved to be on 09:47 - Jan 19 with 1287 viewsPhilTWTD

What a great signing James Wilson has proved to be on 09:37 - Jan 19 by RonFearonsHair

Seemed an eminently sensible approach on that pitch. Agree, thought he was one of our standout players yesterday.
What a great signing James Wilson has proved to be on 10:31 - Jan 19 with 1170 viewsNthQldITFC

What a great signing James Wilson has proved to be on 09:23 - Jan 19 by Hullblue

Fair enough - looked like Chambers from the highlights. Yeah didn’t look brilliant, made the win sweeter in the end though.

Chambers got a well timed and stealthy nudge in the back as he challenged for it, which the referee didn't spot. Didn't make much of it, and happens all the time, but made the goal look worse than it was from a defender's point of view.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024