Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s the ideal time to get rid of Lambert 01:17 - Dec 27 with 438 viewsCopfordBlue

2 good months out of 14 under him and we’re on a downward spiral. I can’t see him turning it back around . I don’t think he believes he can either. The comments he made post-match today aren’t going to inspire the players or make them look up to him as a leader. Nice guy, who has done some good things off the pitch but its time to bring in a manager who can progress the team.

Why now?

1. Unlikely we’ll get more than a point from the games at Wycombe and Lincoln with Lambert. A change, even a short term caretaker manager, may give a short term bounce. We’ve then got 11 days until our next league game.

2.Transfer window opens next week. No point waiting until February to make a changeL it would be a lost opportunity

3. Despite the fact promotion is slipping away and this squad with him in charge won’t go up, we’re still second. The squad, maybe with one or two new players next month ( and a few leaving) is good enough to finish in the top two if they have a manager capable of getting the most out of them.

4. We need to go up but we also need to stay there if/ when we do. 20 or so league one games under a new manager with a clear plan and style of play will mean if we go up we will be equipped to stay there. The biggest disappointment for me this year is that we have lost an opportunity to develop a style of play and clear sense of identity on the pitch. We just muddle through games. We need to be a lot better if we’re to have any chance of staying up if we go up.

5. If we don’t go up this season or at least show enough signs that we will do it next year, crowds will drop dramatically.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2019 1:18]

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024