Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it possible we'll see Norwood and Jackson play up top 13:43 - Jul 30 with 1356 viewsBiGDonnie

This weekend?in which case, what does that do to the rest of the side? Flat 442 or Diamond?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Is it possible we'll see Norwood and Jackson play up top on 13:49 - Jul 30 with 1335 viewsFPL_Tractor

I'd be surprised. By all accounts we looked better in the second half (when we played 4-2-3-1) than in the first half (Diamond). Although this might be partly because Huws and Judge played the second half I think he'll go for the formation he's used most in pre season with Rowe, Judge and Garbutt behind Norwood.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Is it possible we'll see Norwood and Jackson play up top on 13:52 - Jul 30 with 1316 viewsitfcjoe

I'd be surprised - for whatever reason Lambert doesn't like 2 up front and usually reverts back to 1 up top

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is it possible we'll see Norwood and Jackson play up top on 13:52 - Jul 30 with 1310 viewsBigManBlue

Is it possible we'll see Norwood and Jackson play up top on 13:49 - Jul 30 by FPL_Tractor

I'd be surprised. By all accounts we looked better in the second half (when we played 4-2-3-1) than in the first half (Diamond). Although this might be partly because Huws and Judge played the second half I think he'll go for the formation he's used most in pre season with Rowe, Judge and Garbutt behind Norwood.

That 3 behind the striker actually sounds like it could do some damage (Huws coming up from the centre isn't insignificant either). It should, at least, give Norwood more support than we saw any striker get last season.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Is it possible we'll see Norwood and Jackson play up top on 13:55 - Jul 30 with 1284 viewsBigManBlue

Is it possible we'll see Norwood and Jackson play up top on 13:52 - Jul 30 by itfcjoe

I'd be surprised - for whatever reason Lambert doesn't like 2 up front and usually reverts back to 1 up top

Weird isn't it, considering his far-and-away best spell as a manager saw.... 2 up top.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Is it possible we'll see Norwood and Jackson play up top on 13:59 - Jul 30 with 1255 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Is it possible we'll see Norwood and Jackson play up top on 14:03 - Jul 30 with 1237 viewsKeaneish

Is it possible we'll see Norwood and Jackson play up top on 13:49 - Jul 30 by FPL_Tractor

We were better second half for sure. If we had better full backs we may have looked stronger first half. Downes and Dozzell aren't naturals out in the wider areas and with a lack of running beyond we carried less threat. It's a shame as Norwood and Jackson linked well on occasion. Jackson could / should have slotted Norwood in a couple of times too.

Think we'll likely start with 4-2-3-1 but good we're utilising the 4-4-2 diamond as well.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Is it possible we'll see Norwood and Jackson play up top on 14:08 - Jul 30 with 1217 viewschicoazul

Is it possible we'll see Norwood and Jackson play up top on 13:52 - Jul 30 by itfcjoe

But surely Jackson woill play in one of the wide roles, right?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Is it possible we'll see Norwood and Jackson play up top on 14:25 - Jul 30 with 1157 viewsIllinoisblue

hope you're wrong on that! Anyway, I'm oddly excited for Saturday. I fear it might be car crash viewing, but here's hoping. COYB

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Is it possible we'll see Norwood and Jackson play up top on 14:37 - Jul 30 with 1116 viewsKeaneish

Is it possible we'll see Norwood and Jackson play up top on 14:08 - Jul 30 by chicoazul

But surely Jackson woill play in one of the wide roles, right?

Wouldn't have thought so. Left side will be Roberts or Garbutt. Right side will be Rowe, Edwards, or Lankester with some cameos from Dobra and in the middle will be Judge or Rowe.

Can't see why we'd need to go square peg round hole to accommodate when we have plenty of natural options. Jackson will partner Norwood or play up top on his own playing off the defender's shoulder i reckon.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2019 14:50]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Is it possible we'll see Norwood and Jackson play up top on 14:37 - Jul 30 with 1117 viewsGooders7592

Holy
Emmanuel (or new RB) Wolf Skuse Kenlock
Downes (hopefully no ban) Huws
Rowe Judge Garbutt
Norwood

I would't be surprised if one of the trialist centre halves signs and plays CB with Skuse moving into the middle.
Is it possible we'll see Norwood and Jackson play up top on 15:05 - Jul 30 with 1034 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I hope so, but am not convinced PL will go with it.

I think we would do better with two up front. We don't seem to have done much with a lone striker.

What system did PL utilise at Norwich?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Is it possible we'll see Norwood and Jackson play up top on 15:31 - Jul 30 with 958 viewschicoazul

Is it possible we'll see Norwood and Jackson play up top on 14:37 - Jul 30 by Keaneish

Wouldn't have thought so. Left side will be Roberts or Garbutt. Right side will be Rowe, Edwards, or Lankester with some cameos from Dobra and in the middle will be Judge or Rowe.

Can't see why we'd need to go square peg round hole to accommodate when we have plenty of natural options. Jackson will partner Norwood or play up top on his own playing off the defender's shoulder i reckon.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2019 14:50]

Edwards Lankester both injured, Judge been injured.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Is it possible we'll see Norwood and Jackson play up top on 16:05 - Jul 30 with 906 viewsFPL_Tractor

Is it possible we'll see Norwood and Jackson play up top on 13:52 - Jul 30 by BigManBlue

That 3 behind the striker actually sounds like it could do some damage (Huws coming up from the centre isn't insignificant either). It should, at least, give Norwood more support than we saw any striker get last season.

The team seems to have been constructed to get the most from Norwood. Judge is a great supplier, Garbutt has (apparently) a "wand of a left foot" (TM). I think Lankester was pencilled in for the right hand side but Rowe can do the same role of getting close to Norwood to score goals.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Is it possible we'll see Norwood and Jackson play up top on 19:24 - Jul 30 with 818 views3_5_2

Is it possible we'll see Norwood and Jackson play up top on 14:37 - Jul 30 by Gooders7592

Holy
Emmanuel (or new RB) Wolf Skuse Kenlock
Downes (hopefully no ban) Huws
Rowe Judge Garbutt
Norwood

I would't be surprised if one of the trialist centre halves signs and plays CB with Skuse moving into the middle.

why do you think Emmanuel at RB?

There is little in preseason to suggest he will start in front of Danacian, he may even be behind Skuse there

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Is it possible we'll see Norwood and Jackson play up top on 19:26 - Jul 30 with 815 viewsBlueBadger

Is it possible we'll see Norwood and Jackson play up top on 13:55 - Jul 30 by BigManBlue

Weird isn't it, considering his far-and-away best spell as a manager saw.... 2 up top.

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that he's not just like Roy in his ability with PR, he might only hit his best teams by sheer luck.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024