Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big Frank is off to Chelsea then... 12:12 - Jun 25 with 1187 viewsNazemariner

Derby have given them permission to talk terms with the fat lad.
Big Frank is off to Chelsea then... on 12:14 - Jun 25 with 1180 viewsSuperblue95

I’m surprised that they genuinely seem to want him. It’ll most likely all end in tears

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Big Frank is off to Chelsea then... on 12:14 - Jun 25 with 1179 viewsBrianTablet

I always knew Nouble was too good for us.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Big Frank is off to Chelsea then... on 12:16 - Jun 25 with 1156 viewsKieran_Knows

Big Frank is off to Chelsea then... on 12:14 - Jun 25 by Superblue95

I’m surprised that they genuinely seem to want him. It’ll most likely all end in tears

This.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Big Frank is off to Chelsea then... on 12:16 - Jun 25 with 1157 viewsACP84

Career suicide
Big Frank is off to Chelsea then... on 12:19 - Jun 25 with 1141 viewsSitfcB

Agree.

Way to early for him to be going there.

Needs a good few years in management before ending up there.

Gerrard will one day end up managing Liverpool but I hope it it’s for years and years.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Big Frank is off to Chelsea then... on 12:29 - Jun 25 with 1068 viewsfooters

Indeed. What could go wrong? Suppose Roman is shopping in Aldi these days though (shout out to Aldi).

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Big Frank is off to Chelsea then... on 12:32 - Jun 25 with 1055 viewsGuthrum

As was being said on the radio yesterday, what top level manager is going to go to Chelsea with a transfer embargo in place and having sold Hazard? Lampard may well be the best choice, given his goodwill credit with the fans, to tide them over a tricky season.

And for Frank himself, if he doesn't go to Chelsea now, will the chance come again, soon or ever? Future lack of success at Derby may rule him out, or another man get too well established at Stamford Bridge.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 12:33]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Big Frank is off to Chelsea then... on 12:46 - Jun 25 with 1009 viewsSuperblue95

Big Frank is off to Chelsea then... on 12:32 - Jun 25 by Guthrum

As was being said on the radio yesterday, what top level manager is going to go to Chelsea with a transfer embargo in place and having sold Hazard? Lampard may well be the best choice, given his goodwill credit with the fans, to tide them over a tricky season.

And for Frank himself, if he doesn't go to Chelsea now, will the chance come again, soon or ever? Future lack of success at Derby may rule him out, or another man get too well established at Stamford Bridge.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 12:33]

I certainly understand it from Lampards point of view as the chance would likely never come back around and it must be his dream job.

From the clubs point of view though you’d think they could easily find a better manager than a bloke who has one championship season under their belt and didn’t really pull up any trees, even if said bloke will get lots of goodwill from the fans as you say.

Thankless task for anybody going there though with the embargo.

Edit: I did have a little chuckle at your suggestion that a manager be too established though. Not sure I see that ever happening while Abramovic is there!
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 12:48]

Login to get fewer ads

Big Frank is off to Chelsea then... on 12:58 - Jun 25 with 969 viewsGuthrum

Big Frank is off to Chelsea then... on 12:46 - Jun 25 by Superblue95

I certainly understand it from Lampards point of view as the chance would likely never come back around and it must be his dream job.

From the clubs point of view though you’d think they could easily find a better manager than a bloke who has one championship season under their belt and didn’t really pull up any trees, even if said bloke will get lots of goodwill from the fans as you say.

Thankless task for anybody going there though with the embargo.

Edit: I did have a little chuckle at your suggestion that a manager be too established though. Not sure I see that ever happening while Abramovic is there!
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 12:48]

Problem the club has, who that is actually good would go there, under present circumstances? Otherwise the're reduced to the usual roster of Prem journeymen managers (Hughes, Pulis, Allardyce), all of lower standard than Chelsea are used to.

Interesting experienced names like Hughton might be more inclined to opt for somewhere like Newcastle, where they can have some influence over the squad and expectations are somewhat lower. Overseas options are something of a gamble if they can't poach the best.

It's not like Lampard proved himself particularly lacking in competence last season. He made the play-offs, which is at least average for Derby.

Big Frank is off to Chelsea then... on 13:01 - Jun 25 with 959 viewsElderGrizzly

2 window transfer embargo is going to seriously hamper them, especially with their better players like Hazard and Willian leaving.

All depends how far their fans accept them falling next season and what ‘success’ looks like.

It’s not a job a top manager will take in the next 12 months, so sentiment over logic appears the route for them
Big Frank is off to Chelsea then... on 13:03 - Jun 25 with 950 viewsSuperblue95

Big Frank is off to Chelsea then... on 12:58 - Jun 25 by Guthrum

Problem the club has, who that is actually good would go there, under present circumstances? Otherwise the're reduced to the usual roster of Prem journeymen managers (Hughes, Pulis, Allardyce), all of lower standard than Chelsea are used to.

Interesting experienced names like Hughton might be more inclined to opt for somewhere like Newcastle, where they can have some influence over the squad and expectations are somewhat lower. Overseas options are something of a gamble if they can't poach the best.

It's not like Lampard proved himself particularly lacking in competence last season. He made the play-offs, which is at least average for Derby.

Chelsea are generally pretty good at bringing in some foreign export nobody has really heard of to manage them for a year or so and then let them disappear back into obscurity when they haven’t won everything.

I guess getting Lampard as manager just doesn’t feel a very ‘Chelsea’ thing to do, despite him being a former hero.

Big Frank is off to Chelsea then... on 13:11 - Jun 25 with 917 viewsHipsterectomy

It is win/win for Lampard. He has the excuse of a transfer ban that is not his fault so less expectations.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Big Frank is off to Chelsea then... on 13:16 - Jun 25 with 892 viewsGuthrum

Big Frank is off to Chelsea then... on 13:03 - Jun 25 by Superblue95

Chelsea are generally pretty good at bringing in some foreign export nobody has really heard of to manage them for a year or so and then let them disappear back into obscurity when they haven’t won everything.

I guess getting Lampard as manager just doesn’t feel a very ‘Chelsea’ thing to do, despite him being a former hero.

Possibly they're feeling a little burnt after the unpopularity (despite his success) of Sarri.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024