Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this such a resounding mandate for Brexit? 03:10 - May 27 with 702 viewsunstableblue

If you ignore Tories and Labour - AT THIS TIME - the total votes from the extremes of Brexit policy are as follows:

Leave: 5,793,000

Remain: 6,708, 716

That’s a million more people voting to remain.

Now based on Labours very soft Brexit stance (see below manifesto pledge for these elections), that would take a pro-Europe stance to:

to

7,394,000 if you added Tories into a hard Brexit stance. Whereas of course the Tories are soft Brexit as well!!!

And finally this is all based on a low turnout with Brexit party probably galvanising more voters and hence expecting a higher proportionate vote.

In summary Brexit continues to be a very divisive issue. And would no doubt now lead to an extreme PM, as it continues to destroy the Tories.

Finally- it worries me how the BBC runs scared of Farage. They are spinning as a great night for Brexit and towing Farages line.

Labour position:
“Labour has put forward an alternative plan to seek a close and cooperative relationship with the European Union, including a new comprehensive customs union with a UK say, close single market alignment, guaranteed rights and standards, and the protection of the Good Friday peace agreement in Northern Ireland.”

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I’ll let Sir John Curtice on 03:19 - May 27 with 695 viewsunstableblue

One of our leading political academics sum it up in a different way:

“It's probably best read as approximating to a draw - between the Remain and Leave sides, that is. (I'm leaving out the nationalists.)
Two parties, both in favour of leaving without a deal overwhelmingly almost entirely supported by Leave voters: The Brexit Party and UKIP. Total vote: 35%
Three parties: the Liberal Democrats, the Greens and Change UK, all in favour of another referendum. Total vote: 35%.
I think the oddest truth is that what this election has done is two things.
One is to demonstrate just how polarised the public are on this issue.
The second is to remind us, as the opinion polls have been telling us, that support for Remain and support for Leave are still very close to each other”

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I’ll let Sir John Curtice on 07:08 - May 27 with 599 viewsgordon

I’ll let Sir John Curtice on 03:19 - May 27 by unstableblue

One of our leading political academics sum it up in a different way:

“It's probably best read as approximating to a draw - between the Remain and Leave sides, that is. (I'm leaving out the nationalists.)
Two parties, both in favour of leaving without a deal overwhelmingly almost entirely supported by Leave voters: The Brexit Party and UKIP. Total vote: 35%
Three parties: the Liberal Democrats, the Greens and Change UK, all in favour of another referendum. Total vote: 35%.
I think the oddest truth is that what this election has done is two things.
One is to demonstrate just how polarised the public are on this issue.
The second is to remind us, as the opinion polls have been telling us, that support for Remain and support for Leave are still very close to each other”

why didn't your leading academic count the SNP as a remain party?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024