Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood 11:08 - May 3 with 2224 viewsmartyblue

Anyone think we will get him ? Looks decent from a few highlights I’ve watched
Norwood on 11:10 - May 3 with 2202 viewsSuperblue95

A championship club is unlikely to take a punt on him so I reckon if we want him we will get him

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Norwood on 11:16 - May 3 with 2165 viewsKieran_Knows

Norwood on 11:10 - May 3 by Superblue95

A championship club is unlikely to take a punt on him so I reckon if we want him we will get him

We was linked with Fleetwood and Burton last month and I'd have to say if we can't beat those 2 clubs to signings, then god help us.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Norwood on 11:21 - May 3 with 2124 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Norwood on 11:10 - May 3 by Superblue95

Its an odd one really, if it we not for last summer, I would be more excited about giving a player the opportunity to step up.

Pro's: He is off the back of a prolific goal scoring season.

Cons: 29 this year, and has only really played for one season above conference level.

Is he better than Harrison, Jackson or Sears. Or for that matter Ben Morris?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Norwood on 11:22 - May 3 with 2116 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Norwood on 11:16 - May 3 by Kieran_Knows

We was linked with Fleetwood and Burton last month and I'd have to say if we can't beat those 2 clubs to signings, then god help us.

I think its probably more a question of do we want to beat them, rather than can we beat them.

Also, he might be tempted by Fleetwood due to location.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Norwood on 11:33 - May 3 with 2069 viewsMrTown

Likewise don't think a championship club will take the gamble. Here he will be the main man. Highly surprised that he hasn't been looked at before by other clubs.

On youtube you can see his goals from 2013 to 2019 really. He's so good at finding 2 or 3 yards in the penalty box, and he's deadly. Don't think he is the most glamorous striker, but he knows where the net is. Imo would score goals at any level his movement is so good.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Norwood on 11:44 - May 3 with 2025 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Norwood on 11:21 - May 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Its an odd one really, if it we not for last summer, I would be more excited about giving a player the opportunity to step up.

Cons: 29 this year, and has only really played for one season above conference level.

Hard to know if he is better than those(Morris not counting as no senior football really) but Harrison is seemingly crocked, Jackson is hit and miss, and Sears is out until december and probably with recovery time etc not even going to be at full tilt until february. He knows where the goal is, so for me, we go for him and make him the main man.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Norwood on 11:57 - May 3 with 1976 viewsMrTown

has scored 88 goals in the last 4 seasons. He really is prolific.

the thing about lower leagues is certainly valid, but i would look at it more than when he actually made the step up to League 2 (his highest level), he has actually had his best scoring season with 30 goals already. (At least another 3 games to go).

The fact he has stepped up and scored more goals is a positive for me.

Being 29 is irrelevant imo, we need a goal scorer now, not a player to develop, we have Morris and Lankester for that.

29 is hardly over the hill, also going to be on free, seems the most logical and suited transfer for us.

Norwood on 12:00 - May 3 with 1952 viewsMrTown

Think Sears is out until October at least

Harrison has been crocked all season, scored 1 goal. Think he has the most to offer out of the current set of strikers. But offers nothing in the treatment room.

Jackson, not having it, scored 3 goals in 35 league appearances, has looked well out his depth this season.
Was only the 11th highest scorer in League 2 when we signed him.

Login to get fewer ads

Norwood on 12:02 - May 3 with 1941 viewsChocorange

Norwood on 11:44 - May 3 by JammyDodgerrr

Hard to know if he is better than those(Morris not counting as no senior football really) but Harrison is seemingly crocked, Jackson is hit and miss, and Sears is out until december and probably with recovery time etc not even going to be at full tilt until february. He knows where the goal is, so for me, we go for him and make him the main man.

Does anyone really think Morris is going to get 25 plus goals in league 2, or even the national league where Norwood also did it the season before.

Norwood has got virtually twice as many goals as Jackson did in league 2 too, yes it's a risk but with the type of striker helps, it will be more about the delivery into him.

For the record , I don't think we have played to Jacksons strengths , but it seems Lambert wants to play just one up top, so as he is unable to hold the ball up at all well, it's either play him as a winger or part company and get someone in who does fit the formation/ way of planning.
Norwood on 12:21 - May 3 with 1853 viewsActionMan

Norwood on 11:16 - May 3 by Kieran_Knows

Our budget is comparable to Burtons though.
Norwood on 12:56 - May 3 with 1722 viewsITFC_Forever

Norwood on 12:21 - May 3 by ActionMan

Our budget is comparable to Burtons though.

No it's not, as had been proven to you several times in the last week or two.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024