Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 at the back from now? 11:49 - Feb 1 with 1343 viewsGerkensBeard

We’re best balanced as a 5-3-2 now. We don’t have natural wingers that are starting currently. It gives everyone a chance in their best position. Plus we’d probably concede less while still having creativity up the pitch. Bree and Kenlock are both very attacking. Gives a nice balance to the team

Bart
Bree Pennington Chambers Collins Kenlock
Skuse Chalobah
Judge
Quaner Keane

I’d like Bishop in there to partner Chalobah but seems Lambert feels he’s a little way off.
5 at the back from now? on 11:51 - Feb 1 with 1332 viewsSteve_M

Not with those three as central defenders. Lambert will keep the same formation, one of the things he has worked on is getting players comfortable with their roles and how he wants them to play.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

5 at the back from now? on 11:57 - Feb 1 with 1304 viewsbluefunk

Can’t see it personally. The way PL sets up the full backs push on anyway, and the 2 “holding” midfield players offer defensive cover. If we tried a 3 with those CB’s we’d struggle because none of those are really comfortable coming out with the ball at their feet.
5 at the back from now? on 12:01 - Feb 1 with 1292 viewspositivity

edwards and dawkins are wingers...

i can't see lambert changing it, but if he did, chalobah has to be one of the 3 cbs for me, with someone more creative in the midfield (bish or doz)

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

5 at the back from now? on 12:42 - Feb 1 with 1249 viewsdavray9

It would suit us if we had a ball playing centre back... and preferably one of the three had pace. I think the system could work well, however, as other posters have pointed out, we seem to have a formation that is here until the end of the season at least. Your team selection also has all six loan signings i it
Next season though... may be different depending on the division, plus Woolfenden et, etc...
5 at the back from now? on 12:53 - Feb 1 with 1218 viewsGerkensBeard

5 at the back from now? on 12:42 - Feb 1 by davray9

It would suit us if we had a ball playing centre back... and preferably one of the three had pace. I think the system could work well, however, as other posters have pointed out, we seem to have a formation that is here until the end of the season at least. Your team selection also has all six loan signings i it
Next season though... may be different depending on the division, plus Woolfenden et, etc...

No it doesn’t have 6 loan signings I’ve left out Elder.
I fully expect us to keep the back 4. But with Bree coming in at right back we will be more defensively frail as Lambert seems happy to do that as long as we’re better going forward.
Plus I really want to see Judge in a midfield 3. Not on the wing
on 12:55 - Feb 1 with 1214 views_

5 at the back from now? on 14:25 - Feb 1 with 1145 viewsbraveblue

We need to win matches. Playing a back 8 is a bit like bringing back McCarthy.
5 at the back from now? on 14:30 - Feb 1 with 1138 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Pennington to bring the ball out from the back as a sweeper? Or put Chalobah in the back 5! Better on the ball then bishop can slide into the middle
Login to get fewer ads

5 at the back from now? on 14:30 - Feb 1 with 1138 viewsPecker

You have left our top scorer out.
5 at the back from now? on 14:41 - Feb 1 with 1121 viewsParmigiano

On Football Manager, absolutely 5-3-2.

But in reality it seems clear that Lambert has accepted our defense for what it is and has put most of his efforts into trying to make sure we score one more than we concede, hence the recent 4-2-4 formation he's employed (which, to be fair, would have paid off at Villa with a competent ref).
5 at the back from now? on 15:26 - Feb 1 with 1081 viewsBluefish

It is too defensive. None of the 3 defenders are ball carriers (like Webster was) and skuse and Chalobah drop deep. That side would have a huge gap between midfield and forwards just like we did under Hurst

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

5 at the back from now? on 15:29 - Feb 1 with 1078 viewsMrTown

Would have gone 5-3-2 way back when Lambert arrived, incredibly defensive and hit on the counter attack.
But we need wins, and a sh*t load of them. I don't see a back five and a midfield 2 of Skuse and Chalobah being attacking enough.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024