Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barry Fry 17:01 - Jan 31 with 3114 viewsSitfcB

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/peterborough-united-dire

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Barry Fry on 17:03 - Jan 31 with 3040 viewsBurwell_Blue

Not sure whats funny.

Couple of harmless bets which there is nothing he could have done to affect the outcome if he were to win.

Storm in a teacup.
Barry Fry on 17:04 - Jan 31 with 3029 viewssparks

Why only for months?

Manager of my local club got caught betting, was banned for years. And thats at a level where there is no money in the game to speak of...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Barry Fry on 17:07 - Jan 31 with 2985 viewsSitfcB

Barry Fry on 17:03 - Jan 31 by Burwell_Blue

Not sure whats funny.

Couple of harmless bets which there is nothing he could have done to affect the outcome if he were to win.

Storm in a teacup.

The bet he made and the situation is funny (about the bonus payment etc)

Up the Barry Fry!
[Post edited 31 Jan 2019 17:07]

COYB

Barry Fry on 17:10 - Jan 31 with 2930 viewssparks

Barry Fry on 17:07 - Jan 31 by SitfcB

The bet he made and the situation is funny (about the bonus payment etc)

Up the Barry Fry!
[Post edited 31 Jan 2019 17:07]

The rule is strict and it is routinely swung around very heavily at every opportunity by the FA...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Barry Fry on 17:12 - Jan 31 with 2904 viewsmonty_radio

Barry Fry on 17:10 - Jan 31 by sparks

The rule is strict and it is routinely swung around very heavily at every opportunity by the FA...

There's a discount if you're classed as a Geezer.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Barry Fry on 17:20 - Jan 31 with 2831 viewssparks

Barry Fry on 17:12 - Jan 31 by monty_radio

There's a discount if you're classed as a Geezer.

Or if you are well known it seems.

Whereas good guys, who put stacks of time into local football for little reward get thoroughly kicked.

The double standards make me sick (see also- Joey Barton).

Barry Fry on 17:32 - Jan 31 with 2703 viewsSitfcB

Barry Fry on 17:04 - Jan 31 by sparks

Why only for months?

Manager of my local club got caught betting, was banned for years. And thats at a level where there is no money in the game to speak of...

It should be the other way round, the higher the profile the bigger the example they should set.

It does all depend on the types of bet though.

COYB

Barry Fry on 17:36 - Jan 31 with 2645 viewssparks

Barry Fry on 17:32 - Jan 31 by SitfcB

It should be the other way round, the higher the profile the bigger the example they should set.

It does all depend on the types of bet though.

No- it shouldnt depend on the bet. The rule is quite clear.

Login to get fewer ads

Barry Fry on 18:27 - Jan 31 with 2467 viewsBlueBadger

He's basically the poor man's Harry Redknapp. With all the attendant basic honesty associated.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Barry Fry on 18:50 - Jan 31 with 2365 viewsSuperblue95

Barry Fry on 17:36 - Jan 31 by sparks

No- it shouldnt depend on the bet. The rule is quite clear.

Of course it should depend on the bet. You think a bet on your striker to finish as top scorer in the league is the same as a manager who bets on his own team to lose where he can directly affect the outcome?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Barry Fry on 19:25 - Jan 31 with 2205 viewsXYZ

Why shouldn't the club be able to insure against a contingent contractual liability?

I bet (yes, I know ...) it's cheaper and easier to cover the possibility of contingent bonus liabilities crystallising with William Hill than Lloyds of London.

It's not like Barry Fry could influence the outcome.
Barry Fry on 20:12 - Jan 31 with 2119 viewssparks

Barry Fry on 18:50 - Jan 31 by Superblue95

Of course it should depend on the bet. You think a bet on your striker to finish as top scorer in the league is the same as a manager who bets on his own team to lose where he can directly affect the outcome?

I think that in order to avoid any possibility of an issue, and keep the sport absolutely clear of suspicion, the rule has to be absolute and it has to apply equally to all. Every player and manager is quite capable of choosing not to place a bet.

Barry Fry on 02:30 - Feb 1 with 1800 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Barry Fry on 20:12 - Jan 31 by sparks

I think that in order to avoid any possibility of an issue, and keep the sport absolutely clear of suspicion, the rule has to be absolute and it has to apply equally to all. Every player and manager is quite capable of choosing not to place a bet.

That makes no sense though. A manager, or indeed player betting on their own team to lose is clearly worse than a bet on something they have no ability to influence, that’s just common sense

Agree with the general gist though - although worth noting that more high profile characters like Fry and Barton will have had the means and wherewithal to defend themselves more than someone in local football

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024