Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? 18:40 - Jan 27 with 1641 viewsPecker

Why do side who are not going to win the league or get relegated not try and win the best cup competition in the world. Sides like Everton, Spurs, West Ham and alike should go for it, surely. If I were the Chairman/ Chairperson of these clubs I would be saying go win a cup.
Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 18:45 - Jan 27 with 1623 viewsSuperblue95

Since Kane got injured they’ve probably decided to dedicate everything to clinging onto top 4 in the league

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 18:46 - Jan 27 with 1620 viewsSuperfrans

Because each league position higher is worth £1.9m.

Plus, failing to qualify for the Champions League dwarfs that - and a resurgent Man U means it’s going to be very competitive in the last few months, especially with Spurs missing Dele Alli and Harry Kane over the next few weeks.

Not ustifying it, but that’s why these clubs think that way,
[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 18:47]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 18:47 - Jan 27 with 1613 viewsWD19

Everton tried, but had an off day.
A few of West Ham’s players let them down.
Pochetino is just making a point about investment/squad depth before leaving for Man Utd.
Eddie Howe is disrespecting the FA and should be blacklisted from any role there in future.
Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 19:07 - Jan 27 with 1581 viewsPecker

Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 18:47 - Jan 27 by WD19

Everton tried, but had an off day.
A few of West Ham’s players let them down.
Pochetino is just making a point about investment/squad depth before leaving for Man Utd.
Eddie Howe is disrespecting the FA and should be blacklisted from any role there in future.

I know a lot on here detest Bournemouth and Eddie Howe in particular, just don't know why.
Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 19:09 - Jan 27 with 1572 viewsPecker

Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 18:45 - Jan 27 by Superblue95

Since Kane got injured they’ve probably decided to dedicate everything to clinging onto top 4 in the league

Every year the Safe side put out weaken sides and if I were a supporter of one of those clubs, I would be hugely disappointed.
Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 19:10 - Jan 27 with 1570 viewsTrequartista

Sadly, Champions League qualification is a higher priority for Spurs. As I said earlier, the efforts of Everton, West Ham and Bournemouth, who are highly unlikely to be challenging for the top 4 or relegation are baffling.

The FA Cup really ranks so low with football clubs and Premier League, and much higher with football club fans.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 19:11 - Jan 27 with 1567 viewsWD19

Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 19:07 - Jan 27 by Pecker

I know a lot on here detest Bournemouth and Eddie Howe in particular, just don't know why.

I think it is because of his association with Bully.

....well I say association.....by which I mean Bully has a poster of him on his wall.
Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 19:12 - Jan 27 with 1564 viewsPecker

Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 18:45 - Jan 27 by Superblue95

With their squad they are not going to win the Champions League. With their squad they could win the F.A Cup. If I supported them, I would take an F.A Cup win all day long.
Login to get fewer ads

Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 19:13 - Jan 27 with 1570 viewsBlueBadger

Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 19:10 - Jan 27 by Trequartista

Sadly, Champions League qualification is a higher priority for Spurs. As I said earlier, the efforts of Everton, West Ham and Bournemouth, who are highly unlikely to be challenging for the top 4 or relegation are baffling.

The FA Cup really ranks so low with football clubs and Premier League, and much higher with football club fans.

The simple solution to this is to award the final Champions League place to the FA Cup winner.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 19:14 - Jan 27 with 1558 viewsgtsb

Years ago the FA cup was the greatest domestic cup competition in the world. The third round was one of the most eagerly awaited and attended games of the season. Clubs would have given anything to get to Wembley. Nowadays Wembley isn't special anymore and cash is king hence the reason football is shiiiite now.
Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 19:15 - Jan 27 with 1551 viewsPecker

Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 19:11 - Jan 27 by WD19

I think it is because of his association with Bully.

....well I say association.....by which I mean Bully has a poster of him on his wall.

" I think "? You posted a hatred of Eddie Howe. Do you not know why?
Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 19:16 - Jan 27 with 1547 viewsTrequartista

Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 19:13 - Jan 27 by BlueBadger

The simple solution to this is to award the final Champions League place to the FA Cup winner.

I'm sure a large majority of fans would agree with that, but I think the Premier League would have to decide this, and considering they are intent on destroying the F .A. Cup, it will not happen.

Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 19:17 - Jan 27 with 1538 viewsPecker

Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 19:13 - Jan 27 by BlueBadger

That is the solution. I vote to elect you to the board of the FA.
Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 19:18 - Jan 27 with 1527 viewsBlueBadger

Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 19:16 - Jan 27 by Trequartista

I'm sure a large majority of fans would agree with that, but I think the Premier League would have to decide this, and considering they are intent on destroying the F .A. Cup, it will not happen.

Isn't it the FA that ultimately decides who gets CL places?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 19:20 - Jan 27 with 1521 viewsWD19

Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 19:15 - Jan 27 by Pecker

" I think "? You posted a hatred of Eddie Howe. Do you not know why?

Personally I am not a big fan.

But I am not sure it is ‘hatred’ to highlight that he deliberately turns it in on the FA cup every year, whilst simultaneously harbouring ambition to be the FAs England manager one day. I think that is a contradiction that someone at the FA should be man enough to do something about.....if only to encourage him to stop.
Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 19:22 - Jan 27 with 1509 viewsPecker

Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 19:20 - Jan 27 by WD19

Personally I am not a big fan.

But I am not sure it is ‘hatred’ to highlight that he deliberately turns it in on the FA cup every year, whilst simultaneously harbouring ambition to be the FAs England manager one day. I think that is a contradiction that someone at the FA should be man enough to do something about.....if only to encourage him to stop.

Fair point well made.
Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 19:23 - Jan 27 with 1503 viewsTrequartista

Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 19:18 - Jan 27 by BlueBadger

Come to think of it, it may be UEFA. I think it is their stipulation that domestic cup winners enter the Europa League.

Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 19:25 - Jan 27 with 1491 viewsRegencyBlue

Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 19:18 - Jan 27 by BlueBadger

On paper the FA run football in this country.

In reality it’s the Premier League!
Why wouldn't Spurs try and win the F.A Cup? on 19:36 - Jan 27 with 1465 viewsstrikalite

Having been knocked out of the Carabao Cup I too would have thought he'd have tried for this one, he's won nothing at Spurs yet and he needs a trophy, though I understand the importance of the Champs league especially next season being in their new stadium...they have to be in the CL if they want to bring in the quality during the summer too, an absolute must..

Wouldn't surprised me if he's had a word with the owner and between them they've 100% prioritized the importance of the CL. Shame though...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024