Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting ITFC/Local Chartered Football club update 10:15 - Nov 12 with 1524 viewsartsbossbeard

The local team that I coach the U15's for has a Mini girls section for youngsters between 5-9yrs old.

Knowing that players who are interested in coaching after football thus having to do their badges and thus having to prove that they can plan & deliver training sessions, our chap who looks after the MG section wrote to the club at the start of the season asking if any of the players would be interested in running a session. No response.

The club last week received a letter from the club on the lines of "the new manager, Mr Lambert feels that it is key for the club to be active in the local footballing community and we've organised for xxxx & xxxx to take a training session for your club"

Both are senior players who are prominent first teamers but not sure if I should name them, so I've not.

He's got the hang of this managing a football team business, hasn't he?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Interesting ITFC/Local Chartered Football club update on 12:03 - Nov 12 with 1477 viewsflimflam

I have posted umpteen times on here that Norwich are killing us in Suffolk for PDC and Academy development for Girls and Boys.

I am not talking about the level of academy we run currently which is just the cream of young talent but the more inclusive lower levels in the community type stuff.
Norwich run girls Elite in Ipswich and boys in Ipswich and Bury at all age groups and even go into my daughters school and put on sessions there. I believe they also do stuff over at Needham Market.

They are light years ahead of us on that side of things and who knows may even unearth a gem or two from under our noses!!!

If Ipswich are looking to get back into this side of things then that is only a good thing but they will struggle initially as Norwich have hoovered up all the local players currently.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Interesting ITFC/Local Chartered Football club update on 16:36 - Nov 12 with 1396 viewschicoazul

Trying very hard not to be cynical about all this stuff but it seems to me that club are on a charm offensive after the Mini Roy disaster. I strongly doubt Lambert will have said to anyone in the club in the 2 weeks he has been here "our players need to do more in the community" anymore than I believe it was his idea to get Warky George and Butcher along for a day. I suppose it's possible that I am just a misanthrope.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Interesting ITFC/Local Chartered Football club update on 16:39 - Nov 12 with 1387 viewsFrimleyBlue

Interesting ITFC/Local Chartered Football club update on 16:36 - Nov 12 by chicoazul

Trying very hard not to be cynical about all this stuff but it seems to me that club are on a charm offensive after the Mini Roy disaster. I strongly doubt Lambert will have said to anyone in the club in the 2 weeks he has been here "our players need to do more in the community" anymore than I believe it was his idea to get Warky George and Butcher along for a day. I suppose it's possible that I am just a misanthrope.

I do think the op is right. Lambert has always been about clubs and community. He effectively started what norwich have continued.

I bet anything next season we go for cat 1 too

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Interesting ITFC/Local Chartered Football club update on 16:41 - Nov 12 with 1383 viewschicoazul

Interesting ITFC/Local Chartered Football club update on 16:39 - Nov 12 by FrimleyBlue

I do think the op is right. Lambert has always been about clubs and community. He effectively started what norwich have continued.

I bet anything next season we go for cat 1 too

I bet anything if we go down this season that won't happen.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Interesting ITFC/Local Chartered Football club update on 16:42 - Nov 12 with 1380 viewsFrimleyBlue

Interesting ITFC/Local Chartered Football club update on 16:41 - Nov 12 by chicoazul

I bet anything if we go down this season that won't happen.

Good point actually

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024