Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who’s to say PL won’t stay if we go down? 10:02 - Nov 11 with 1047 viewsGerkensBeard

If we have the scenario of it going down to the last day and we have the heartbreak of not staying up. Imagine that we have been fighting for months putting in similar displays to yesterday just not getting the wins. Lambert looking around and seeing how he has united the football club and got our fight back. What’s to say he won’t stay? Relegated championship managers won’t be able to walk into another job either even if he did go.
Who’s to say PL won’t stay if we go down? on 10:48 - Nov 11 with 1009 viewsGarv

Well if everything he has said since joining is genuine then he will jump at the chance to stay with us. If not we'll know it was a bit of spin, I'd suggest.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Who’s to say PL won’t stay if we go down? on 10:50 - Nov 11 with 1006 viewsPecker

Has anybody said that he would leave?
Who’s to say PL won’t stay if we go down? on 10:57 - Nov 11 with 999 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who’s to say PL won’t stay if we go down? on 10:50 - Nov 11 by Pecker

He might, we don't know. I think a lot are assuming he'll stay as he signed a 3 year deal, but we don't know if he has a break clause on relegation.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Who’s to say PL won’t stay if we go down? on 11:07 - Nov 11 with 993 viewsWD19

The way I see it, it will likely go one of two ways. Lambert is putting every effort into getting the maximum out of the squad between now and January. That includes uniting the club and 'ensuring' the fans give maximum support. Every little counts.

In January he will either get exactly what he wants, in which case we will stay up. Absolutely no question in my mind.

or....

He won't get what he wants, in which case all of the fans ire will be turned towards ME. The relationship between PL and ME will become fractious......we won't stay up and he won't stay.
Who’s to say PL won’t stay if we go down? on 11:26 - Nov 11 with 966 viewsBent_double

Who’s to say PL won’t stay if we go down? on 10:50 - Nov 11 by Pecker

Quite a few people on here have suggested he would - not that that means anything, of course.

He's signed a 3 year deal at a club at the bottom of the league, unless he's specifically asked for a relegation clause, or a 'let me go if a bigger Champ/PL club come in for him, then I'm sure he will still be here next season.

Mind you, I thought that about Hurst, so clearly I'm clueless!

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Who’s to say PL won’t stay if we go down? on 11:26 - Nov 11 with 967 viewsDinnernotTea

You are joking right? Have a look at his CV and you won't find much loyalty anywhere. Never lasted more than 3 years at any club. He's here to pick up a similar bonus McCarthy trousered and if that fails he will be one of the first out of the door. No one would blame him but Christ come on.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Who’s to say PL won’t stay if we go down? on 11:50 - Nov 11 with 915 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who’s to say PL won’t stay if we go down? on 11:26 - Nov 11 by Bent_double

Quite a few people on here have suggested he would - not that that means anything, of course.

He's signed a 3 year deal at a club at the bottom of the league, unless he's specifically asked for a relegation clause, or a 'let me go if a bigger Champ/PL club come in for him, then I'm sure he will still be here next season.

Mind you, I thought that about Hurst, so clearly I'm clueless!

Your first 'unless' is a pretty big one and shouldn't be dismissed so lightly.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Who’s to say PL won’t stay if we go down? on 11:55 - Nov 11 with 907 viewsGeoffSentence

If it happens I really hope he does stay. I would be confident of an immediate return if he does.

I imagine that's why ME has given him a 3 year contract

If ( year one relegated = true ) {
(year two = promoted back) && (year 3 = promoted to premier league)}
else {
(year two = promotion to premier league) && ( year 3 = europa cup qualication)}
[Post edited 11 Nov 2018 11:57]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024