Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is absolutely mental 18:06 - Oct 24 with 1048 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Not so much here, but in a few places I've seen Town fans yet again suggesting that somehow, "it would do us good to get relegated".

It wouldn't, at all ever, in no way.

The posts I've seen cite the likes of "Wolves, Leeds, Leicester and Norwich" as being able to reset and come back stronger.

Two of those got new owners who poured money into the playing staff, One has an absolutely bonkers structure and fires their manager every 30 seconds, and if you think Norwich are 'stronger' now then you need your head seeing to, plus, Evans will never sell.

Hurst isn't the guy for us of that I'm sure, but relegation would be a disaster for this club and we may never recover from it should it happen.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

This is absolutely mental on 18:12 - Oct 24 with 988 viewsclive_baker

I can't get my head around how it would do us good to go down, on the off chance we might come back...to where we are now. Alternatively we could drop further into obscurity, a la Charlton who are establishing themselves as a mid table League 1 side.

What we need to do pretty urgently is sack off Paul Hurst, and get a manager in that gets us fighting tooth and nail to get enough points to keep us up over the next 6 months. Then we can hit reset in the summer with a fresh approach, nurturing our academy graduates through into the senior side and looking to press on from there.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

This is absolutely mental on 18:21 - Oct 24 with 928 viewsTexaco73

I had a chat with a long standing Forest season ticket holder, who was asking what the issues were at Town.
His main comment though was ' Don't get relegated. Do whatever you have to, but don't drop into L1'
This is absolutely mental on 18:41 - Oct 24 with 822 viewsSteve_M

Well, quite. The drop in tv income was £1m last season, add in lower attendances and the loss of our promising youngsters and it's hard to see us coming back anytime soon. It would be disastrous for the club.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

This is absolutely mental on 18:47 - Oct 24 with 761 viewsEastTownBlue

Sheffield United were relegated in 2011 and returned to the Championship in 2017. I’m not sure that we would return as quickly as that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024