Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This team is worse than John Duncan’s 10:12 - Oct 3 with 1093 viewstractorshark

Having sat through what I thought was the worst team I’ve seen at Ipswich under John Duncan, I am now of the opinion they were better than this current lot.
Yes it was turgid, yes we had Graham Harbey but at least they were competitive.
Hurst’s team is muddled, the tactics are nothing like those that were promised and the football and quality on show is embarrassingly bad.
Duncan was unfortunate. He came in at a time when Ipswich fans were hopeful of rekindling glories that were still fresh in the memory.
Hurst hasn’t got that pressure. We’re realistic now. We all want to shoot for the stars yet we know it’s unlikely.
But this team looks bereft of talent and direction and, while confidence plays a part, the boss is to blame.
I am not one who normally calls for a manager’s head but this guy will take us into League One.
Don’t be fooled by those who say we’ll do a Norwich or Southampton and bounce back straight away. We haven’t got the investment they had or the crowds.
We will linger in League One.
Evans must be brave, admit the mistake and act now.
You don’t have to go for a firefighter like Mick, someone like Warburton would be a happy medium.
Or give it to Burley and Klug for the rest of the season. It’s a short term fix but it’s cheap.
It was the right decision to ditch Mick, he had served his time. But only the blinkered are of the belief Hurst’s reign is better than last two seasons.
McCarthy was right, it’s a results business.
Hurst knows that, Evans must be brave.

This team is worse than John Duncan’s on 15:33 - Oct 3 with 1032 viewstractorshark

Someone just told me Jewell’s team was worse than Duncan’s.
Not sure about that, although I concede it was calamitous at the end.
Still think both had more quality than this one.
This team is worse than John Duncan’s on 16:18 - Oct 3 with 1003 viewsParisBlue

Duncan had Atkinson, Dozzell, Kiwomya, Stockwell, Lowe, Forrest, Thompson, Linighan, Gayle, Brennan, Wark, Redford.

I'd settle for that...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

This team is worse than John Duncan’s on 16:19 - Oct 3 with 1000 viewsDeano69

This team is worse than John Duncan’s on 16:18 - Oct 3 by ParisBlue

Duncan had Atkinson, Dozzell, Kiwomya, Stockwell, Lowe, Forrest, Thompson, Linighan, Gayle, Brennan, Wark, Redford.

I'd settle for that...

and 45% win rate

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

This team is worse than John Duncan’s on 16:22 - Oct 3 with 992 viewslowhouseblue

i can't remember us looking so far off the pace or carrying so little threat as we do now. it's not that we're a comical shambles, as we have been on odd occasions in the past, it's that we're consistently not really competing.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

This team is worse than John Duncan’s on 17:46 - Oct 3 with 930 viewsMelford

This team is worse than John Duncan’s on 16:18 - Oct 3 by ParisBlue

I'd settle for that...

You forgot Romeo Zondervan.
Looking back now that Duncan team wasn't bad, two 8ths and a 9th. Lyall didn't have to change it too much to get them promoted. Only Whitton and Goddard really.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

This team is worse than John Duncan’s on 18:42 - Oct 3 with 896 viewsBluespeed225

This team is worse than John Duncan’s on 17:46 - Oct 3 by Melford

You forgot Romeo Zondervan.
Looking back now that Duncan team wasn't bad, two 8ths and a 9th. Lyall didn't have to change it too much to get them promoted. Only Whitton and Goddard really.

with an energetic Milton, Palmer and Johnson emerging. Thing was it was quality coaching from Lyall, just what we need now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024