Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He scored one of the best goals I have ever seen in person... RIP Beat 17:05 - Sep 16 with 1523 viewsEly_Blue

I only wish I could find a link for it, half way line goal against Leeds Utd, we lost 3-2 but the legend scored such a stunner.

In this age when the word legend is used all too frequently Kevin Beattie was a real true legend who will live forever in the memory of any town fan who ever had the pleasure to watch him play or met him

Edit, I found the goal

[Post edited 16 Sep 2018 17:08]

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

He scored one of the best goals I have ever seen in person... RIP Beat on 17:08 - Sep 16 with 1514 viewshomer_123

It's in the YouTube clip below from Pen I think.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

He scored one of the best goals I have ever seen in person... RIP Beat on 17:14 - Sep 16 with 1487 viewshowdonblue

I was there !

Great positioning from David Harvey lol

RIP The beat
He scored one of the best goals I have ever seen in person... RIP Beat on 17:25 - Sep 16 with 1456 viewsLord_Lucan

I was in The Churchmans and David Harvey was in goal, to be fair I very much doubt he meant it, in fact I am certain he didn’t.

I started watching Ipswich late 75 I think and even then it seemed like he was often out injured, so much so that his anthem ended up being Beattie is Back, I preferred Kevin Beattie, Alleluia, Allelulia.

Never got to know or have a drink with the man but bumped into him a couple of times on the way back from away games - he was travelling back as a fan in Yankee Woody’s car.

He may be recognised as our greatest player but I can’t help but still think he was undervalued by the club - and us fans to an extent.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

He scored one of the best goals I have ever seen in person... RIP Beat on 17:44 - Sep 16 with 1395 viewsPJH

He scored one of the best goals I have ever seen in person... RIP Beat on 17:25 - Sep 16 by Lord_Lucan

I was in The Churchmans and David Harvey was in goal, to be fair I very much doubt he meant it, in fact I am certain he didn’t.

I started watching Ipswich late 75 I think and even then it seemed like he was often out injured, so much so that his anthem ended up being Beattie is Back, I preferred Kevin Beattie, Alleluia, Allelulia.

Never got to know or have a drink with the man but bumped into him a couple of times on the way back from away games - he was travelling back as a fan in Yankee Woody’s car.

He may be recognised as our greatest player but I can’t help but still think he was undervalued by the club - and us fans to an extent.

I don't think that the great man was undervalued by the fans Lucan, either at the time or in times since-the multiple posts from those of us lucky enough to have seen him at his bestI(which due to injuries was at a relatively young age)would testify to that.
You are certainly right about him missing a hell of a lot of football from 1975 onwards.
His starts per season were:-

1972/73 48(plus 1 sub).
1973/74 57
1974/75 52
1975/76 36
1976/77 34(plus 1 sub).
1977/78 21
1978/79 26(plus 1 sub).
1979/80 12(plus 2 sub).
1980/81 11(plus 6 sub).
He scored one of the best goals I have ever seen in person... RIP Beat on 18:28 - Sep 16 with 1321 viewsswede

He scored one of the best goals I have ever seen in person... RIP Beat on 17:25 - Sep 16 by Lord_Lucan

Like you, I was in the Churchmans that day and have never forgotten that goal. Many years later on one of the occasions I met him socially, I asked him about it and he admitted he himself was also very surprised that it ended up in the back of the net.
However, being the joker he was, the next comment was "nah, I meant it all the time!"
[Post edited 16 Sep 2018 18:30]
He scored one of the best goals I have ever seen in person... RIP Beat on 21:55 - Sep 16 with 1167 viewsCoastalblue

That was my first ever Town game, and my first sporting hero emerged from it.

Incredibly shocked to read of his death today, left me feeling quite empty, I really hope the club does something in the coming months to honour him properly.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024