Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started 21:48 - Jul 24 with 2589 viewsN2_Blue

Our squad is wafer thin and we are making it weaker. Yes i know we'll bring in a replacement but i can bet it will not be anyone who has as much impact as Waggy has had on our team. Some players fit in, Waggy did, some don't, Parkin, Chopra, etc it's always risk,...why take the risk when we have a good player here already. Selling Webster should be enough, we shouldn't need to sell more...

We are fast tracking ourselves to L1, that's nothing to do with Hurts, that's the reflection of the squad.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 21:51 - Jul 24 with 2566 viewsSuperblue95

Season over? Christ above man you are taking flouncing to the next level.

I don't think anyone here wants to lose Waggy but there's plenty of time left this window and plenty of players out there to plug the gap.

Oh, and he's not even left yet

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 21:51 - Jul 24 with 2548 viewsBluedandy

Yes it's all over .. raise the white flag ... .. just like our season was finshed last year if we did not sign someone from Glasgow Rangers for 200K ...
If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 21:52 - Jul 24 with 2531 viewsSimonds92

I didnt mean to downvote this i agree!
If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 21:52 - Jul 24 with 2530 viewsjas0999

Providing every last penny is reinvested into the squad I’m not so sure. We need two CBs, a goal scoring creative midfielder and replacement for Waghorn. £8 M is just enough. The question is will Evans spend? Is there time?
If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 21:53 - Jul 24 with 2498 viewsN2_Blue

If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 21:51 - Jul 24 by Superblue95

I don't think anyone here wants to lose Waggy but there's plenty of time left this window and plenty of players out there to plug the gap.

Maybe a bit...but just shows how bitterly disappointed I would be to lose him. I wouldn't say there are plenty of players to fill the gap and 2 weeks is not much time in the world of football transfers, it leads to more of a panic buy and the added risk.

Its just all a bit depressing and all to predictable

If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 21:55 - Jul 24 with 2451 viewsgtsb

If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 21:55 - Jul 24 with 2434 viewsbraveblue

If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 21:51 - Jul 24 by Superblue95

Plenty of time?
If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 21:57 - Jul 24 with 2403 viewsVic

I don’t agree with your pessimism, but do believe that it’s essential to use a good chunk of this money to fund 2 if not 3 top quality, proven track record, signings, not simply the ‘above average’ league one and two players we’ve signed of been linked to so far.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 21:57 - Jul 24 with 2390 viewsN2_Blue

If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 21:55 - Jul 24 by braveblue

Plenty of time?

Exactly, we are screwing up our season, we are supposed to be building a squad not dismantling it with 2 weeks to go

If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 21:58 - Jul 24 with 2362 viewsfloridaboy

If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 21:52 - Jul 24 by Simonds92

I didnt mean to downvote this i agree!

Trouble is there is no guarantee he can repeat last season. As for Derby will he be guaranteed a regular start.

Real shame re his supposed comment that he wants to move on. If it's correct reporting of course
If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 21:58 - Jul 24 with 2355 viewsSuperblue95

If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 21:55 - Jul 24 by braveblue

Plenty of time?

I would say a couple of weeks or however long is left is plenty of time to secure a replacement for a player who has been widely tipped to leave.

If he does in fact leave that is.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 22:01 - Jul 24 with 2313 viewsagentp

If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 21:58 - Jul 24 by floridaboy

Trouble is there is no guarantee he can repeat last season. As for Derby will he be guaranteed a regular start.

Real shame re his supposed comment that he wants to move on. If it's correct reporting of course

Much has been made of SP wages of late. I would imagine the derby wages would be too much to turn down at 28.

Good luck to him. Good move at a crucial age and sh1t... £8m. The season is looking amazing if that is spent wisely.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 22:01 - Jul 24 with 2302 viewsflimflam

If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 21:58 - Jul 24 by Superblue95

I would say a couple of weeks or however long is left is plenty of time to secure a replacement for a player who has been widely tipped to leave.

If he does in fact leave that is.

This scenario would have been discussed already as was always probable he would go if someone met the valuation so I would hope that they have a list of targets.

I said on another forum if we get 8 million for one player and it is invested wisely and can bring in 4 more quality players then I can see the logic and any player is replaceable.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 22:02 - Jul 24 with 2288 viewsgreyhound

Saying its over before a ball is kicked is frankly daft.

Mick had a slim squad at times hurst will know that especially as he brings players back from injury.

I think the discussion will have been had though that to boost numbers funds will need to be raised. We can't kid ourselves this will be a big rebuild, new tactics, new mentality, different training intensity, different approach to sports science, and players that fit that mould and want to play in that environment.

If we have to sell to find a magic formula then let's do it, football has been dire for to long not to, it can't be much worse, but for goodness sake let it pan out.

There will be heavy defeats and great wins Im sure, and if it all goes belly up we start again, it's the circle of football ☺
If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 22:04 - Jul 24 with 2256 viewsmonty_radio

If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 21:57 - Jul 24 by N2_Blue

Exactly, we are screwing up our season, we are supposed to be building a squad not dismantling it with 2 weeks to go

Still think that Hurst's opening remark that Waggy was excellent, but he wasn't sure what at, is the clue. He has swapped players, but the formation remains the same; Waggy is neither a centre-forward, nor a no10. We seem to have found the first in Harrison. If my analysis is any near correct then expect to see a chunk of the money for Waggy go on a no10 -unless Hurst thinks Dozzell might be that man.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 22:13 - Jul 24 with 2147 viewsSimonds92

If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 22:01 - Jul 24 by flimflam

This scenario would have been discussed already as was always probable he would go if someone met the valuation so I would hope that they have a list of targets.

I said on another forum if we get 8 million for one player and it is invested wisely and can bring in 4 more quality players then I can see the logic and any player is replaceable.

Except we continually under bid for players meaning we'll miss out on our top targets or we wont get them in early enough. Tilt we want and have had the extra £250,000 they want but we've waited an extra 2/3 weeks when we could have got him in and integrated. He's going to take a while to slot in if we even get him at all.
Im also not sure who we can sign for anything less than £5million who is a good proven championship player these days.
If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 22:14 - Jul 24 with 2136 viewsKieran_Knows

Give over you massive wet wipe.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 22:30 - Jul 24 with 2062 viewsBloomBlue

We have Freddie, just you wait we're going to get the old Freddie back, confident and banging in the goals, 25+ goals for Freddie this season.
If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 22:37 - Jul 24 with 2027 viewsStokieBlue

Flounce-O-meter is going off the scale tonight.

Nothing has happened. Let's get the facts and then done reasoned discussion.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

If Waggy goes, i feel this season is over before it even started on 22:58 - Jul 24 with 1966 viewsrgp1

Very well put and yes our squad is wafer thin. However whilst I'm optimistic After the McCarthy years I'm more concerned that we'd be really stuffed if we have injuries and have to bring in the yoofs. Rock hard pitches will take it's toll on players and even with a few signings we just don't have any back up, even before the McCarthy years we always seemed to have a couple of players who seemed to be permanently chained to the treatment table.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024