Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MK Dons reaction 22:04 - Jul 24 with 1481 viewsMrTown

Town dominated from start to finish. Stand out performers wet ethe wide . Gwion Edwards very very direct and skilful, Grant Ward looks a completely different players. Downes and Skuse were a very good pair first half.

Ellis Harrison looks very sharp, had a couple of half chances but nothing massive.

And the ultimate stand out performer was Luke woolfenden. Without doubt should be in the first team squad, has proven his worth in previous games but today topped them all. Was up against a good striker in Kieran Agard but pocketed him for 90 minutes. Was absolutely superb.

Was very very promising display tonight.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

MK Dons reaction on 22:07 - Jul 24 with 1391 viewssolemio

How dare you make a positive, optimistic contribution on here. Disgraceful.
MK Dons reaction on 22:12 - Jul 24 with 1280 viewsFreddies_Ears

I nearly agree with you! For me our MotM was Downes, by a mile. Tough in the tackle, safe in the pass, strong in the ball. We were superb first hour, but reverted to longer high balls once we tired. That will be a concern. Doig was not happy when that happened btw. Ward wasn't great, Sears only ok - both tried hard, but seem just to lack a bit of confidence. Harrison was sharp, quick and positive. Bart has enough to do to make me glad he was there. Woolfie very good, just one horrible error, but he tends to make his mistakes far enough upfield that we can recover.
MK Dons reaction on 22:17 - Jul 24 with 1191 viewsBetablocker

MK Dons reaction on 22:12 - Jul 24 by Freddies_Ears

I nearly agree with you! For me our MotM was Downes, by a mile. Tough in the tackle, safe in the pass, strong in the ball. We were superb first hour, but reverted to longer high balls once we tired. That will be a concern. Doig was not happy when that happened btw. Ward wasn't great, Sears only ok - both tried hard, but seem just to lack a bit of confidence. Harrison was sharp, quick and positive. Bart has enough to do to make me glad he was there. Woolfie very good, just one horrible error, but he tends to make his mistakes far enough upfield that we can recover.

Interesting re. Ward and Sears

If so, true maybe of 2 more naturally gifted players who had MM 'coach it out of them' maybe he can see that turning so is persevering with in particular Freddie. I hope so anyway
MK Dons reaction on 22:21 - Jul 24 with 1150 viewsYaffle

Agree with all the above. Difficult to separate Downes or Wolffenden for MoM. Sears looked a few lbs of the pace but despite plenty of endeavour not a lot of end product. Harrison has pace to burn and works hard. Very exciting.
MK Dons reaction on 22:23 - Jul 24 with 1105 viewsClapham_Junction

MK Dons reaction on 22:21 - Jul 24 by Yaffle

Agree with all the above. Difficult to separate Downes or Wolffenden for MoM. Sears looked a few lbs of the pace but despite plenty of endeavour not a lot of end product. Harrison has pace to burn and works hard. Very exciting.

I was really disappointed that Woolfenden didn't get more game time last season as I thought he looked impressive whenever he played. Great to see that he's clearly in the first team picture this season - at Barnet I thought he was the better of the two centre halves as he won pretty much every header and passed the ball around and brought it out of defence confidently.
MK Dons reaction on 22:43 - Jul 24 with 948 viewsITFC_Forever

MK Dons reaction on 22:23 - Jul 24 by Clapham_Junction

I was really disappointed that Woolfenden didn't get more game time last season as I thought he looked impressive whenever he played. Great to see that he's clearly in the first team picture this season - at Barnet I thought he was the better of the two centre halves as he won pretty much every header and passed the ball around and brought it out of defence confidently.

He’s only clearly in the first team picture as there is no one else.

As soon as Hurst signs a CB or two, Woofy will be back to fourth choice.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024