Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Leeds - I'd put a spoon down my pants if I were a single Muslim woman 08:23 - Jul 13 with 1154 viewsWeWereZombies

One of those headlines that you think is daft beyond words but when you read on informs you in ways you did not imagine:

Leeds school uses spoons to help prevent forced marriage - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-44812530
[Post edited 13 Jul 2018 8:29]

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Well done Leeds - I'd put a spoon down my pants if I were a single Muslim woman on 09:56 - Jul 13 with 1028 viewsGuthrum

A nice idea, but publicising it rather negates the effectiveness.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Well done Leeds - I'd put a spoon down my pants if I were a single Muslim woman on 10:54 - Jul 13 with 963 viewsWeWereZombies

Well done Leeds - I'd put a spoon down my pants if I were a single Muslim woman on 09:56 - Jul 13 by Guthrum

A nice idea, but publicising it rather negates the effectiveness.

True, but if you do not make the point in the classroom there is the danger that the shy girls never get the message. Having a quiet word would undoubtedly be seen, and even received, as proselytism.

And, having had a conversation with my Presbyterian neighbour that started off about our shared chimney breast and then went on to the football (he didn't know there was a match on) and on inevitably to evolution, I can vouch for religious fundamentalists not always picking up on the news.

Well done Leeds - I'd put a spoon down my pants if I were a single Muslim woman on 11:30 - Jul 13 with 919 viewsbrazil1982

The wonderful diverse Britain.
Well done Leeds - I'd put a spoon down my pants if I were a single Muslim woman on 11:31 - Jul 13 with 917 viewschicoazul

What a world we now live in.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Well done Leeds - I'd put a spoon down my pants if I were a single Muslim woman on 11:45 - Jul 13 with 881 viewsWeWereZombies

Well done Leeds - I'd put a spoon down my pants if I were a single Muslim woman on 11:31 - Jul 13 by chicoazul

What a world we now live in.

As far as the having to do unusual things to avoid the unpleasant consequences of other people's eccentric ideas I think it's been that way since we got opposable thumbs.

Or are just excited by the idea of a spoon down your pants?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024