Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed 14:32 - Jun 1 with 6072 viewsSpruceMoose

Shocking behaviour.

At least he's banned from football for 6 years and Everton games for life. Mind you the way Everton have been playing that might be more of a blessing than a curse.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/01/everton-fan-jailed-for-attackin
[Post edited 1 Jun 2018 14:36]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 15:01 - Jun 1 with 4493 viewsDarth_Koont

I'm not sure what they've got to base the sentence on but that sounds about right.

That was one of the more saddening things to see in 2017 — even though there were a lot of other things more serious and fatal clearly.

Pronouns: He/Him

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 15:07 - Jun 1 with 4474 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 15:01 - Jun 1 by Darth_Koont

I'm not sure what they've got to base the sentence on but that sounds about right.

That was one of the more saddening things to see in 2017 — even though there were a lot of other things more serious and fatal clearly.

Assault according to the article. Seems reasonable.

The article does not mention the consequences in terms of his parenthood aside from his fear it would lead to him no longer having access to any of his children. I suspect his fears are well-founded.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 16:05 - Jun 1 with 4358 viewsLord_Lucan

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 15:01 - Jun 1 by Darth_Koont

I think two months is quite lenient for that.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 16:11 - Jun 1 with 4339 viewsDarth_Koont

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 16:05 - Jun 1 by Lord_Lucan

Yeah, I think I'd have thrown the book at him a lot harder, and at his head.

I'm guessing there's not much precedent to go from. And the sentence at least sends out the right message.

Pronouns: He/Him

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 16:12 - Jun 1 with 4332 viewsSpruceMoose

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 16:05 - Jun 1 by Lord_Lucan

Indeed. He got lucky with the incident. If he'd have dropped that kid on his head and caused him some damage...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 16:19 - Jun 1 with 4319 viewstcblue

Am I the only one who found it a bit funny?

NB: things can be funny and shocking and appalling all at the same time
Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 16:30 - Jun 1 with 4289 viewsSpruceMoose

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 16:19 - Jun 1 by tcblue

Am I the only one who found it a bit funny?

NB: things can be funny and shocking and appalling all at the same time

What did you find funny about it?

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 17:10 - Jun 1 with 4216 viewstextbackup

jesus christ, he didn't hit the player did he, he pushed him. seriously OTT

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 17:21 - Jun 1 with 4191 viewsSpruceMoose

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 17:10 - Jun 1 by textbackup

Yeah a man should be free to assault someone doing their job, in a public place of his choosing, while holding his scared toddler.

Some people see the world through seriously weird eyes.

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 17:27 - Jun 1 with 4174 viewstcblue

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 16:30 - Jun 1 by SpruceMoose

What did you find funny about it?

The ridiculousness, for want of better way to describe it. Just how over-the-top and cartoonish it was.

Like when I heard my mother drop the C bomb for the first and only time, shock and disproportionate actions can be quite funny.

Whilst at the same time, being appalled at it, and to an extent myself for laughing.
Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 17:30 - Jun 1 with 4164 viewsSpruceMoose

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 17:27 - Jun 1 by tcblue

The ridiculousness, for want of better way to describe it. Just how over-the-top and cartoonish it was.

Like when I heard my mother drop the C bomb for the first and only time, shock and disproportionate actions can be quite funny.

Whilst at the same time, being appalled at it, and to an extent myself for laughing.

I guess I get what you mean. I suppose the pathetic spectacle of a grown man unable to control his feelings over a football match is funny in a dark, point and laugh sort of way.

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 17:34 - Jun 1 with 4148 viewsLord_Lucan

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 17:10 - Jun 1 by textbackup

You can’t do that with a kid in your hand, even I wouldn’t do that.

Didn’t help that he was on the tele. He’ll be out in a month, he should be thankful I reckon.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 17:42 - Jun 1 with 4122 viewstextbackup

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 17:21 - Jun 1 by SpruceMoose

Yeah a man should be free to assault someone doing their job, in a public place of his choosing, while holding his scared toddler.

Some people see the world through seriously weird eyes.

push = assault these days? crikey

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 17:43 - Jun 1 with 4115 viewsSpruceMoose

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 17:42 - Jun 1 by textbackup

How is it not assault in this context? Even if you're being charitable and ignoring the fact that the punches he swung didn't seem to hit much it's still assault.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2018 17:46]

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 17:46 - Jun 1 with 4106 viewsLord_Lucan

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 17:42 - Jun 1 by textbackup

Section 4

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 17:46 - Jun 1 with 4098 viewstextbackup

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 17:43 - Jun 1 by SpruceMoose

How is it not assault in this context? Even if you're being charitable and ignoring the fact that the punches he swung didn't seem to hit much it's still assault.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2018 17:46]

don't cry Spruce, I just don't think a push is assault, I mean there was a load of pushing going on there on the pitch.
if everyone went to prison for a push the place would be overflowing

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 17:48 - Jun 1 with 4083 viewsSpruceMoose

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 17:46 - Jun 1 by textbackup

don't cry Spruce, I just don't think a push is assault, I mean there was a load of pushing going on there on the pitch.

Righto. Should have known reasonable discussion was beyond you.

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 17:50 - Jun 1 with 4078 viewstcblue

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 17:46 - Jun 1 by textbackup

It's common assault and can carry a prison sentence of up to six months.

Stop pushing people texty.
Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 17:52 - Jun 1 with 4073 viewsSpruceMoose

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 17:50 - Jun 1 by tcblue

Might be best off for society if he carries on and hits the books in that prison library for a month or two

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 18:03 - Jun 1 with 4039 viewstextbackup

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 17:50 - Jun 1 by tcblue

i'm talking more bouncers push people out of pubs all the time, police push fans, stewards push fans....

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 18:04 - Jun 1 with 4035 viewsSpruceMoose

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 18:03 - Jun 1 by textbackup

i'm talking more bouncers push people out of pubs all the time, police push fans, stewards push fans....

If you watch the clip you can see why the examples you've given are vastly different.

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 18:05 - Jun 1 with 4032 viewscrunchie1978

8 weeks for pushing someone.
13months for Facebook live stream.
Better not drop any litter or I'm looking at life!
Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 18:06 - Jun 1 with 4028 viewsSpruceMoose

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 18:05 - Jun 1 by crunchie1978

8 weeks for pushing someone.
13months for Facebook live stream.
Better not drop any litter or I'm looking at life!

We should be so lucky!

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 18:06 - Jun 1 with 4028 viewstextbackup

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 18:04 - Jun 1 by SpruceMoose

If you watch the clip you can see why the examples you've given are vastly different.

ive seen it.

the players have a push about, up again advertising boards, fans are in close proximity, fan pushes an opposition player.

he's only been set down because people like you get massively offended by everything

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 18:11 - Jun 1 with 4022 viewsSpruceMoose

Everton fan who used toddler as billy club jailed on 18:06 - Jun 1 by textbackup

ive seen it.

the players have a push about, up again advertising boards, fans are in close proximity, fan pushes an opposition player.

he's only been set down because people like you get massively offended by everything

The bloke runs along the front of the stand to actively insert himself into the ruck where players are pushing one another, at an event he has paid to watch not participate in, taking a couple of cowardly cheapshots, all the while holding a kid. That's what happened.

And who's offended? You're making yourself look thick coming out with stuff like that.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2018 18:11]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024