Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? 11:36 - May 25 with 2836 viewsIvanCampo

Which of his current crop do you think is good enough to make the step up and challenge for a space in our first team?
Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 11:38 - May 25 with 2821 viewsKieran_Knows

Jon Nolan.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 11:40 - May 25 with 2809 viewsBluefish

1st 2 signings could be the norwich loanees

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 11:46 - May 25 with 2783 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bart

Webster
Knudsen
Chambers
Cotter
Woolfenden

Dozzell
Downes
Nydam
Skuse (back up)
Huws (Subject to fitness)
Bishop (STF)
Ademeymi (STF)
Ward

Sears
Waghorn
Garner

I think all of the above are good enough to remain. The basis of the squad is pretty good. We do need a few additions, but not wholesale change.

#Edit - Balls, i misread your post!!
[Post edited 25 May 2018 11:47]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 11:48 - May 25 with 2759 viewsChateauWines

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 11:46 - May 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

Bart

Webster
Knudsen
Chambers
Cotter
Woolfenden

Dozzell
Downes
Nydam
Skuse (back up)
Bishop (STF)
Ademeymi (STF)
Ward

Sears
Waghorn
Garner

I think all of the above are good enough to remain. The basis of the squad is pretty good. We do need a few additions, but not wholesale change.

Firstly sorry I pressed down not up.
I agree entirely with you. I'm not even sure with Hurst in charge we need new players at all. if all fit we are balanced all around with the youngsters

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 11:49 - May 25 with 2749 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 11:48 - May 25 by ChateauWines

Firstly sorry I pressed down not up.
I agree entirely with you. I'm not even sure with Hurst in charge we need new players at all. if all fit we are balanced all around with the youngsters

I accept the down arrow.... I totally misread the OP!

I think we do need a few additions, including a couple of good prem loans.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 11:50 - May 25 with 2747 viewsitfcjoe

Nolan is their key player so him.

Beckles and Msiala will be the pick of their defenders, I think Beckles could do a job at left back as suspect Knudsen will go.

Bryn Morris was very highly rated as a youngster but not sure he will have what it takes to make an impact here

Unfortunately their 2 loanees who have done well in Godfrey and Morris are scummers so no chance of coming with him - otherwise Godfrey would have been someone worth targetting.

Their GK is on loan from man , Dean henderson, and has been excellent. I've heard his contract is up so he may be available at a knock down price. Getting a good fee for Bart and picking him up for next to nothing would be a cracking piece of business

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 11:55 - May 25 with 2715 viewsHerbivore

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 11:50 - May 25 by itfcjoe

Beckles and Msiala will be the pick of their defenders, I think Beckles could do a job at left back as suspect Knudsen will go.

Bryn Morris was very highly rated as a youngster but not sure he will have what it takes to make an impact here

Unfortunately their 2 loanees who have done well in Godfrey and Morris are scummers so no chance of coming with him - otherwise Godfrey would have been someone worth targetting.

Their GK is on loan from man , Dean henderson, and has been excellent. I've heard his contract is up so he may be available at a knock down price. Getting a good fee for Bart and picking him up for next to nothing would be a cracking piece of business

Beckles and Nsiala have both looked very good every time I've seen them play, if they were available on the cheap I'd be very tempted. As you say, Henderson would be a good replacement if Bart goes, he's a very impressive young goalie. Nolan has something about him but not sure he's an upgrade on some of our other midfield options if we can get them all fit. Rodman out wide has a bit about him, although not totally convinced he's Championship standard.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 11:57 - May 25 with 2705 viewsKieran_Knows

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 11:50 - May 25 by itfcjoe

Dean Henderson would be a cracking signing, although linked with some big clubs.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/939458/Man-Utd-News-Arsenal-Dean-Hender

Login to get fewer ads

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 11:59 - May 25 with 2690 viewsIvanCampo

Great insight to their current squad, Nolan scores some good goals. Hopefully there's not much hype around him so other championship clubs don't snatch him up.
Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 12:02 - May 25 with 2663 viewsBondiBlue

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 11:46 - May 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

Bart

Webster
Knudsen
Chambers
Cotter
Woolfenden

Dozzell
Downes
Nydam
Skuse (back up)
Bishop (STF)
Ademeymi (STF)
Ward

Sears
Waghorn
Garner

I still cannot understand why some people think that Skuse should not be in the team. Playing four skinny 18 year old flair players in midfield might still work on football manager but not in real life.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 12:03 - May 25 with 2652 viewsitfcjoe

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 11:55 - May 25 by Herbivore

Beckles and Nsiala have both looked very good every time I've seen them play, if they were available on the cheap I'd be very tempted. As you say, Henderson would be a good replacement if Bart goes, he's a very impressive young goalie. Nolan has something about him but not sure he's an upgrade on some of our other midfield options if we can get them all fit. Rodman out wide has a bit about him, although not totally convinced he's Championship standard.

Rodman has a really interesting back story too - I personally like things like that in a player. Was mentioned on Totally Football League Show play off special

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11761/11268684/alex-rodman-interview-shre

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 12:04 - May 25 with 2650 viewsSomethingBlue

Henderson would be a great replacement in goal for Bart and is out of contract at Man United but can probably aim a bit higher.

Abu Ogogo has been an absolute powerhouse for Hurst in midfield, and his captain. He's out of contract too and is the kind of lieutenant a new boss might be keen to bring; he's also recovering from a medial ligament injury so looks the perfect fit for us.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 12:04 - May 25 with 2633 viewsfooters

Beckles has almost the right name to fit in in Suffolk. Sign him up!

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 12:07 - May 25 with 2607 viewsFixed_It

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 12:04 - May 25 by SomethingBlue

Henderson would be a great replacement in goal for Bart and is out of contract at Man United but can probably aim a bit higher.

Abu Ogogo has been an absolute powerhouse for Hurst in midfield, and his captain. He's out of contract too and is the kind of lieutenant a new boss might be keen to bring; he's also recovering from a medial ligament injury so looks the perfect fit for us.

'Recovering' you say? That'll never do...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 12:08 - May 25 with 2602 viewsKieran_Knows

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 12:04 - May 25 by SomethingBlue

Send Ogogo out to Qatar with the others?
[Post edited 25 May 2018 12:09]

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 12:10 - May 25 with 2589 viewsHerbivore

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 12:03 - May 25 by itfcjoe

Rodman has a really interesting back story too - I personally like things like that in a player. Was mentioned on Totally Football League Show play off special

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11761/11268684/alex-rodman-interview-shre

Great back story that, thanks for sharing. Didn't realise he was quite as old as that though so maybe not one for us.

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 12:11 - May 25 with 2584 viewsNo9

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 12:08 - May 25 by Kieran_Knows

Send Ogogo out to Qatar with the others?
[Post edited 25 May 2018 12:09]

Soon have a plane full, that will bring the cost down
Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 13:02 - May 25 with 2427 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 12:02 - May 25 by BondiBlue

I still cannot understand why some people think that Skuse should not be in the team. Playing four skinny 18 year old flair players in midfield might still work on football manager but not in real life.

Interesting interpretation. ;-)

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 13:13 - May 25 with 2388 viewsSWGF

Was thinking exactly the same re: Henderson/Bart. A first team spot in the Champ should be OK for him, at 21yrs of age, shouldn't it?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 13:52 - May 25 with 2287 viewsdirtyboy

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 12:10 - May 25 by Herbivore

Great back story that, thanks for sharing. Didn't realise he was quite as old as that though so maybe not one for us.

If Ronaldo signed, no body would give a s**t about how old he was.

I'm not saying he's Ronaldo, but if you're good enough.....
Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 13:57 - May 25 with 2279 viewsHerbivore

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 13:52 - May 25 by dirtyboy

If Ronaldo signed, no body would give a s**t about how old he was.

I'm not saying he's Ronaldo, but if you're good enough.....

Your point kind of went out of the window when you brought Ronaldo in and then immediately had to acknowledge that Rodman is no Ronaldo. That's kind of the point, he's never played at this level and may or may not be good enough, if he was 22 it might be worth a punt as he would have time on his side to improve. At 31 that's not the case.

Which of his players would be good enough to make the switch with Hurst? on 14:02 - May 25 with 2248 viewspointofblue

Of course it could be part of the compensation deal that Hurst doesn't return to sign any Shrewsbury players for the first year, or something of that ilk.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024