Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wage budget 12:34 - May 22 with 1306 viewssuffolkpoker

I assume paying a manager say £500k to £700k less. which will go toards player wage budget.

#HappyDays

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Yeah, along with..... on 12:38 - May 22 with 1265 viewsBloots

....the transfer fees we receive.

Def info.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Wage budget on 12:39 - May 22 with 1255 viewschicoazul

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Wage budget on 12:39 - May 22 with 1257 viewsclive_baker

To be fair, there's not always a direct correlation between salary and performance.

We could've spunked £20k a week on a Pardew or McClaren I'm sure. Personally I would rather we got the right manager, and if it benefits in freeing up a £10k a week signing in the process then all the better.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Wage budget on 13:12 - May 22 with 1181 viewssuffolkpoker

Wage budget on 12:39 - May 22 by clive_baker

To be fair, there's not always a direct correlation between salary and performance.

We could've spunked £20k a week on a Pardew or McClaren I'm sure. Personally I would rather we got the right manager, and if it benefits in freeing up a £10k a week signing in the process then all the better.

i 100% agree, i was trying to read between the lines.

I like how Evans is handling this, it seems like Jack Ross will wait for us if Evans wants him.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Wage budget on 13:42 - May 22 with 1111 viewsElderGrizzly

Wage budget on 12:39 - May 22 by clive_baker

Open secret we spent best part of £1m on McCarthy every year.

Evans has always paid big wages,for this division anyway, for managers. Jewell included
Wage budget on 14:00 - May 22 with 1043 viewstcblue

Wage budget on 13:42 - May 22 by ElderGrizzly

Open secret we spent best part of £1m on McCarthy every year.

Evans has always paid big wages,for this division anyway, for managers. Jewell included

I think in both of those cases we had a specific need (we were in a bit of a state, and it was mid-season) which meant that the negotiating power was on the other side of the table.

With this hopefully new direction, and the firmer foundations whomever comes in will find themselves with (thanks Mick!), this means the appointment isn't a crisis one. And it means we can go outside the "proper blokes" old boy network and try something new. Including not paying a manager £1m per year.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024